Review Round 23, 2023 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

A few guys down on form today. Marshall with the John Butcher kicking. Williams with his worst game for a while. Houston uncharacteristically quiet. Not much from our wings. Boak in particular didn’t look at all sharp when he came on. Finlayson with a lazy old game. Rozee with a few clangers after HT.

Better players:
Butters
Hayes
Aliir
Jonas
Jones
Rioli
SPP
DBJ late
Wines early

Rubbish game

So many guys pick and choose, so I'm hoping that will change come finals time but who knows.

All up a decent win considering 4 of their goals came from frees that were not there, were never there, and wouldn't be awared in any other game of the year.

We need Dixon back and we need to have a good look at the forward 6, especially DBJ and McEntee. Both played better in the second half, DBJ was actually good but their first half efforts were abysmal.

Defense always looks suss and I think good sides on a good deck will really trouble us. Too many of them are good defenders when we have the ball but shocking in actually defending. They give far too much room.

Butters just keeps performing to an absolute class level. Amazing footballer and becoming a damn good leader too. Sets a very high bar which is completely welcome.

JHF had dominant periods and then others where he almost vanishes but it also doesn't help when it's obviously a rule that he's not allowed free kicks. I don't think I've ever seen a guy umpired as harshly.

The rest were okish to poor.

Hopefully next week we see a finals like approach with a lot more intensity, desperation and conviction before the week off before the good stuff begins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don’t get the confidence. We’ve taken stronger teams over there and been sat on our arses by some absolutely atrocious Freo outfits since that 2014 SF.

Bringing back the four points in any capacity will be an achievement.

What he said. Very good win considering the nonsense we have to put up with from umpires.

That Emmett guy had the cloak of freekickery around him today.

Great win considering what we were up against (and I’m not talking about freo).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23, 2023 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back