Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After losing the GF by a kick and then coughing up 2 games where we led by 5 goals either of which would've got us into the Top 4 the next year it's not unreasonable to be very disappointed and ask questions about the desire of the group or some of them in it.

Collingwood seem to have a few bread and butter players who responded to pressure a bit better than some of our hyped players.

Still we should've shat this game in. So many dumb mistakes and amateur hour at crucial points in front of goal.

OK It's fine. I'm up for winning it from 5th provided Berry is ok , Hipwood and Andrews can throw off whatever's troubling them , and the rest of them make a few better decisions at the coalface.

One thing I've learnt watching thousands of games is that soda misses demoralise morale. There's no excuse.

Next thing you’ll be telling me that finishing second and third at the Olympics is something to go ape shit about.
better than 4th or 5th lol.
there are 17 teams doing a great job playing AFL against the Lions each year .
To run a Very close 2nd at the end of the season in the GF ahead of 16 of them, is something to be proud of.
For the players anyway. supporters are a bit more 'fragile'.
Imagine being a St Kilda supporter. poor Buggers.

Joe probably got potted for this, but why didn’t Charlie double back and lead to basically anywhere he wanted to?

Depth perception off
Trying to be predictable for Joe
Error in decision making

I was surprised anyone would being critical of Joe, he can’t kick 80m

Joe probably got potted for this, but why didn’t Charlie double back and lead to basically anywhere he wanted to?

I really had a laugh with people blaming Joe for this.

He was waiting for Charlie to peel off to his left with huge open space and Charlie just kept going full steam straight.

Just because Charlie has kicked a lot of miracle goals doesn't mean he's an overly smart player

Depth perception off
Trying to be predictable for Joe
Error in decision making

I was surprised anyone would being critical of Joe, he can’t kick 80m

Just to follow up on this, we saw he can’t kick 80m when he tried to torp it 5min later

Its so even that it feels like if ever a team can win it from outside the top 4 it could be this year. Our away form has been decent so I'd back us against anyone
The real benefit of top-4 is if you win your first final you get the next week off, while the losers and winner from week-1 get to belt the living crap out of each other in a knockout final.
This season is so close that the winners from week-1 may be a better chance in the semi as they have the winning form…though will have to travel.

The classic next year.

I hear that every year for the past six years.

It’s serving us well and we still have zero to show for it.

I've got lots of expensive ticket receipts 😆

I wasn't involved 20 years ago so I haven't experienced a premiership. Can't imagine that it makes showing up next year and enjoying that season any better.

In fact this season after the 23 gf appearance has been the least enjoyable of my 15 years of membership due to expectation.

Feeling very ambivalent tonight.

Re Fagan he's got us to the point where we have a very strong list on paper and we're perpetually contending.

Clearly we have some players who just aren't standing up and fulfilling the potential in crucial moments most people here think they should be.

I don't care how old they are a bit more support for Fagan and work on that front just to bring us up another 5% is all that's needed.

The other observation is that we got the Swans at a low point for them and the last 2 weeks are the first time in a while that we've succumbed to genuine pressure.

To see GWS and the Pies just waltz the ball forward with rapidity after quarter time after being completely outplayed is a significant mental lapse on our part and shows a lack of mental toughness and willingness to fight every inch for the whole 4 quarters whatever the state of the game.

Got a few who believe their own BS . This issue can be overcome if the desire is there and the coaching addresses it but the clock is at 11 o'clock and it needs to happen over the next 18 months.

After losing the GF by a kick and then coughing up 2 games where we led by 5 goals either of which would've got us into the Top 4 the next year it's not unreasonable to be very disappointed and ask questions about the desire of the group or some of them in it.

Collingwood seem to have a few bread and butter players who responded to pressure a bit better than some of our hyped players.

Still we should've shat this game in. So many dumb mistakes and amateur hour at crucial points in front of goal.

OK It's fine. I'm up for winning it from 5th provided Berry is ok , Hipwood and Andrews can throw off whatever's troubling them , and the rest of them make a few better decisions at the coalface.

One thing I've learnt watching thousands of games is that soda misses demoralise morale. There's no excuse.
also can't forget that the Pies had quite a few outs with injuries as well - Jordan De Goey alone was a bigger out for them than any players for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will anyone feel better about today if Geelong get over-run by St Kilda after being 33 points up at half time? 🤔
No, worse at what we’ve again given up. First throw second spot away last week and now blow top four this week. Perhaps we’ll get the trifecta next week and miss the eight next week.

Don’t disagree but there was an acre of space if Joe kicked it straight away. Think most of the blame goes on him.
He had to kick it a long way. It might've worked but he could've half shanked it or undercooked it.

The obvious play for experienced players was for Charlie to peel left where there was the whole field and a drifting kick would've been fine.

You could see Joe waiting for him to go and I think it was all on Charlie.

Just the same only one of the many do your head in moments so no big deal.

Will anyone feel better about today if Geelong get over-run by St Kilda after being 33 points up at half time? 🤔
I do love a bit of schadenfreude

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back