Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginni had an awesome game defensively and scored a couple of good goals. If he has a niggle or is upset about CJ being rested then he needs to be managed carefully as he is so important to us.

The more games he and the other forward group play together the better the chemisty - and he has been chemistry gold since the minute he walked in to our locker room.
Sorry - why would Ginnavin be upset that CJ pulled out of the game and was replaced by another player?

Out - Sicily (rested)
In - CJ
No Way GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

No player is being “rested” until we have played our last game for 2024.

Ginni had an awesome game defensively and scored a couple of good goals. If he has a niggle or is upset about CJ being rested then he needs to be managed carefully as he is so important to us.

The more games he and the other forward group play together the better the chemisty - and he has been chemistry gold since the minute he walked in to our locker room.
Ginni being upset

Behave yourself

In - Jasper Scaife (debut)
Out - Jack Gunston (managed)

1 change for me.
Scaife for gunston (managed)
Gunston will have a big role to play against the doggies defence potentially first final
Ain’t going to happen.

Defies logic to play a debutant who has played a grand total of 5 VFL games in a must win scenario.

We play/pick our best team every week until we get beaten.

In - Jasper Scaife (debut)
Out - Jack Gunston (managed)
Why?

Pick a guy who has never played AFL in a forward line he’s never played in, for a game we can’t afford to lose?

Last edited:
Why?

Pick a guy who has never played AFL in forward line he’s never played in, for a game we can’t afford to lose?
It’s Richmond.

He has earnt a call up either this week or next and it would be important to also keep Dear/Gunston rested (Dear as a young player and Gunston as experience).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s Richmond.

He has earnt a call up either this week or next and it would be important to also keep Dear/Gunston rested (Dear as a young player and Gunston as experience).
Yeah - I can see the match committee now.

Alright guys, it’s Richmond, so we can afford to rest players 🙄

Yeah - I can see the match committee now.

Alright guys, it’s Richmond, so we can afford to rest players 🙄
He is someone who has been rested at stages this year already, it has happened with him, Dear and Mackenzie for example.

It isn’t out of the normal to suggest he could be rested for someone performing well at the lower level and against a bottom 4 side.

It’s not like you’re resting one of your better players and replacing them with someone not close, he is doing a role but he isn’t that anymore.

It isn’t to say he should be either, it’s more a could be.

It’s Richmond.

Our forward line is working better than ever.

……and you want to change that because a newbie has “earned a call up”.

Rightyo.

Our forward line is working better than ever.

……and you want to change that because a newbie has “earned a call up”.

Rightyo.
I’m suggesting Scaife could be given an opportunity because he’s been performing and Gunston (who has been rested during the season) could be managed.

Could and should being different. Whilst teams don’t take others lightly the fact it’s a bottom 4 team makes it more likely than if it were a top 4 side.

Loved Mitchell's attitude in the presser. Basically said that while everyone else may put this down as a win, they know it's basically another final so if we lose, our season is done. There will be no taking it easy and flirting with form/selection!

If we manage Day and lose just imagine. All this progress and hard work for nothing. If he is injured then nothing you can do. Plus I have him in my draft team with a big prelim coming up, has to play

Tigers had 27 tackles against the saints. 11 in the first quarter.

They’ve checked out. We should be pumping them and not get dragged down to their level especially with finals on the line and coming up.

Foot to the floor, the boys get a rest before finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back