Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m suggesting Scaife could be given an opportunity because he’s been performing and Gunston (who has been rested during the season) could be managed.

Could and should being different. Whilst teams don’t take others lightly the fact it’s a bottom 4 team makes it more likely than if it were a top 4 side.
Scaife hasn’t been performing THAT well. Ward, Hustwaite, Serong, Maginness well in front if we want to rotate players that may be used in finals. Scaife won’t be playing AFL finals. If Gunston needs a rest there is still no reason to play him ahead of others.

Scaife hasn’t been performing THAT well. Ward, Hustwaite, Serong, Maginness well in front if we want to rotate players that may be used in finals. Scaife won’t be playing AFL finals. If Gunston needs a rest there is still no reason to play him ahead of others.
Scaife has 12 goals in 5 games I believe. His scoreboard impact has been pretty good, and has shown a bunch of good signs, it’s worth giving him an opportunity if Gunston needs to rest, which is what I’m suggesting. If not and that he feels amazing and ready to finish the year (2 games, finals bye and finals) then I’m happy to have that be the case.

Scaife has 12 goals in 5 games I believe. His scoreboard impact has been pretty good, and has shown a bunch of good signs, it’s worth giving him an opportunity if Gunston needs to rest, which is what I’m suggesting. If not and that he feels amazing and ready to finish the year (2 games, finals bye and finals) then I’m happy to have that be the case.
Gunston is 2 games back from a 3 game lay-off, he's fine.

Sorry - why would Ginnavin be upset that CJ pulled out of the game and was replaced by another player?
I’m saying we have managed him really well from what I’ve observed - if something is going on in the background, unlike at Collingwood, we don’t hear about it, and can assume it’s not a big deal.

Richmond is an absolute Danger game. They would love nothing more than to see us end up 9th. We absolutely have to bring our best.
I'm optimistic, because the MCG is where we do our best work, but full of trepidation. LOL.

Richmond are as flat as a tack with nothing to play for.

North is a bigger banana peel game. Clarkson loves late season wins, and would like nothing more than to torpedo our finals campaign. They'll be up for it.

Richmond are as flat as a tack with nothing to play for.

North is a bigger banana peel game. Clarkson loves late season wins, and would like nothing more than to torpedo our finals campaign. They'll be up for it.
We will have better teams playing for more if we make the finals, if we can't beat North we don't deserve it

He has been doing above average at VFL level. He hasn't dominated a game to the degree Finn, Ward, Mackenzie, etc. have yet. We also don't yet know how well his game translates to AFL level yet. This is not the game to suck it and see.

No change pending injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Freo playing Saturday (and possibly losing) the club will know if percentage is a factor or merely the wins column.
If we get a comfortable lead I think the coaching staff may look at little changes in midfiled or backline to ascertain scenarios that may occur in the finals.

Finals aren’t guaranteed, Norf will be out to spoil us and no win is guaranteed. Need to stop thinking like we are guaranteed a top 4 spot. We pick a best 22, we put our boots on the opposition’s throat and we don’t rely on other teams to do us a favour. Let’s be ruthless and state our intent.

Finals aren’t guaranteed, Norf will be out to spoil us and no win is guaranteed. Need to stop thinking like we are guaranteed a top 4 spot. We pick a best 22, we put our boots on the opposition’s throat and we don’t rely on other teams to do us a favour. Let’s be ruthless and state our intent.

To be fair, we can think however we like and it makes no difference. The people getting the team up to compete, and the players themselves, must be focused on one step at a time. I, however, choose to count chickens.

I, however, choose to count chickens.

You clearly have the luxury of having never supported the Canberra Raiders or NSW origin team in the NRL. I never do headcounts - not even when things are a foregone conclusion. Does that make me a nervous wreck during games - absolutely. Does that enhance the joy of the final siren - abso-****ing-lutely.

Mitch as a player never left anything to chance (we all know the story through his career) & from his coaching style, no way has he veered from that philosophy.

No change unless absolutely necessary.

The competition for spots from player 18 through to 27/28 hasn't been this high in years, brilliant to see. When the team's get announced, compare our emergencies to Richmond's and I would think all of ours would get a gig in their 23.

It's Morrison's 100th.
When it comes to selection this is unlikely to be a factor. Morrison played well on Sat but not necessarily well enough to replace the injured player he came in for. Seems like I'm in the minority here but i reckon CJ is 100% in our best 22 – so I'd be hoping they'd bring him back in preparation for Sept

if Gunston needs a rest (i don't think he does), id bring in Serong who is much deserving of a game.

Serong gives so much flexibility as it allows Sicily or Hardwick to go forward or even Serong himself. Also, all can be thrown back if needed. Rotation flexibility based on matchups.

My fears with Richmond are Nank, Balta, Bolton and Rioli. Not much else. We can't take it lightly.

Unless of injuries, I see no change.

It’s Richmond.

He has earnt a call up either this week or next and it would be important to also keep Dear/Gunston rested (Dear as a young player and Gunston as experience).
You're usually pretty good Dewyyyyy, but this is dumb.

Watching the Richmond loss Sunday, they were as bruise free as it gets.
They are mentally in Mykonos already.

Pile on early pressure and it should be a triple figure win and given the Blues injury woes, a win against west coast looks more and more unlikely so we can can put % concern to bed this week and just focus on a North win and not a percentage builder because that’s a banana peel game if ever I’ve seen one and Clarko would love to roll us

When it comes to selection this is unlikely to be a factor. Morrison played well on Sat but not necessarily well enough to replace the injured player he came in for. Seems like I'm in the minority here but i reckon CJ is 100% in our best 22 – so I'd be hoping they'd bring him back in preparation for Sept

Morrison's game on Sunday was better than any Jiath performance this season. You're either underrating one or overrating the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back