Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 5 games, we have the equal fewest amount of players getting more than 25 disposals a game - 0 - but across that same time period we have the highest average possession count per player.

ClubAverage Disposals Per
Hawthorn
15.94​
St Kilda
15.59​
Port Adelaide
15.29​
North Melbourne
15.24​
Western Bulldogs
15.13​
Essendon
15.01​
Brisbane
14.92​
Greater Western Sydney
14.91​
Richmond
14.83​
Adelaide
14.76​
Fremantle
14.63​
Melbourne
14.61​
League Average
Carlton
14.03​
Geelong
13.86​
Sydney
13.82​
Gold Coast
13.80​
West Coast
13.36​
Collingwood
13.08​
we clearly prioritise our HFF, wingers and HBFs getting involved moreso than our mids. Our mids win the ball, deliver to our outside players and away we go.

Not like other teams where the midfielders just **** around with it and pad one another's stats

Talk of changes etc feels all kind of moot considering Box Hill didn't play last weekend.

Like, I'm not having a go at the various opinions on the forum.

Just pissed we didn't have the seconds run around on the weekend at the business end of the season.

It's just stupid (by AFL HQ, but unsurprising).

End of rant.

P.S. Unchanged, subject to injury and loads.

P.P.S. Is, ahem, Kozzie playing? If so, look out bahahaha.
How many bloody byes does the VFL have? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a feeder comp if they aren't playing every third week.......

Sic is not going to be rested. He is feeling more confident with his shoulder after each passing week. He was even spoiling with his left hand at training. He is going to lap up these couple of weeks. Why wouldn't he. He has been through the hard times even as lately as earlier this year. He is enjoying playing now and enjoying the wins. He is a certainty to play

Sic is not going to be rested. He is feeling more confident with his shoulder after each passing week. He was even spoiling with his left hand at training. He is going to lap up these couple of weeks. Why wouldn't he. He has been through the hard times even as lately as earlier this year. He is enjoying playing now and enjoying the wins. He is a certainty to play
It was his right shoulder he popped though?

I’d really be surprised if he plays this week. Not sure what is to be gained. I suppose we’ll see what transpires.

Tigers and Saints only had something like 64 tackles for the whole game last week. It was the lowest count in 18 years.

Tigers play like that this week and it could be very ugly for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't rest anyone tbh. If we make finals and we rested players in the last two rounds then I would anticipate a very sloppy first quarter against whoever. Pre finals bye can gagf tbh

We haven't put foot off the pedal for three months, and some people here now want to change what we've become and possibly banana peel ourselves out of the finals?

How is Sydney feeding right now, even though they're on top of the ladder? Why would you play with your form?

I think it's very positive how we sit on the ladder now, and that percentage can still play a part. Hawthorn still need to think about increasing percentage which may help with the nerves of actually qualifying for a final.

I’d really be surprised if he plays this week. Not sure what is to be gained. I suppose we’ll see what transpires.
Not sure what is to be gained?
Umm maybe playing finals. We aren't there yet, one slip up in the next two could see us out. Hell two wins but not by enough could see us out.

It was his right shoulder he popped though?

Lol i mean right

...and just like that the coaches stopped asking TFP to spread misinformation. :D

How about 4 points we clearly need to play finals?

If we don’t win, our 2024 season finishes in Tassie the following week.

So said Sam Mitchell.

Last edited:
Danger game

oRRN-f.gif

Tigers and Saints only had something like 64 tackles for the whole game last week. It was the lowest count in 18 years.

Tigers play like that this week and it could be very ugly for them.
It's hard to tackle when you're already half way to Bali or Mt Buller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back