Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be happy if Taranto had the ball.
Sub 50% kicking efficiency across the entire season.

6th worst KE% for a midfielder this year.

The worst if you exclude players who don't exclusively play as a midfielder and haven't played at least half the season.

While I don't think we should rest en-masse I also don't think you take any risks with players that can't perform or will be indanger of injury. But If anyone is sore and might not play well or may risk missing more than 1 game they shouldn't play.

I also think it's important that in the next 2 weeks some of the guys who may be needed in finals get gametime. So I wouldn't be bringing in McCabe but certainly Finn, Serong, hustwaite should be considered.

The worst if you exclude players who don't exclusively play as a midfielder and haven't played at least half the season.
I Think Matt Kennedy of the Blues has him covered.
He is Shocking .

if Gunston needs a rest (i don't think he does), id bring in Serong who is much deserving of a game.

Serong gives so much flexibility as it allows Sicily or Hardwick to go forward or even Serong himself. Also, all can be thrown back if needed. Rotation flexibility based on matchups.

My fears with Richmond are Nank, Balta, Bolton and Rioli. Not much else. We can't take it lightly.

Unless of injuries, I see no change.
Bolton has checked out. Rioli has been their only guy consistently bringing the right effort every week. Should win their Best and Fairest by a mile. Zero point even playing Lynch. Completely bizarre if it occurs would have the same impact he did in Dusty's 300th. Nothing to gain at all unless he's strictly playing to be a dirty prick and try and upset our players into getting suspended.

Said last year when Taranto was in the predicted AA sides that I have no clue what the deal is. Glad he didn't make it, he went at 43% by foot in 2023, so 49% is high for him. This is his 5th season at under 50%.

I'd love to crunch the numbers because I reckon in terms of career KE% I reckon he'd have the worst on record.

Sic is not going to be rested. He is feeling more confident with his shoulder after each passing week. He was even spoiling with his left hand at training. He is going to lap up these couple of weeks. Why wouldn't he. He has been through the hard times even as lately as earlier this year. He is enjoying playing now and enjoying the wins. He is a certainty to play
He was laying big tackles on Curnow on the weekend too. Your only doing that if your confident your shoulder can withstand physical contact. He's certainly nowhere near as immobile with it than a few weeks back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, no resting of players. Do the match committee know how many laugh/disagree reacts barbster gave out for people suggesting we treat our opposition with respect this week as opposed to a gimme 4 points though?

I would prefer the blowout in any case - granted Carlton are injury riddled but if they somehow gave West Coast a touch up and we had a closer win then they could slip past us.

I would prefer the blowout in any case - granted Carlton are injury riddled but if they somehow gave West Coast a touch up and we had a closer win then they could slip past us.
This. Even two wins might not be enough to get us through to finals.

We need big wins just to make finals. Let alone the risks of flirting with form.

I'm not going to tempt fate predicting our game.

But I think we broke Carlton both physically and mentally last week.
They will need to play a contested low scoring game to win. They have lost any fire power they had. I can't see them winning with a % booster .

Again we take care of business as we should we will be fine and most likely extend a little gap .

I'm not going to tempt fate predicting our game.

But I think we broke Carlton both physically and mentally last week.
They will need to play a contested low scoring game to win. They have lost any fire power they had. I can't see them winning with a % booster .

Again we take care of business as we should we will be fine and most likely extend a little gap .

I am hoping all that comes to pass - and logic would dictate that Carlton will be hard pressed to beat a lowly West Coast given the travel and their injury list. I am just ridiculously notorious for not counting poultry. How ridiculous? 2014 grand final - mid-way through the 4th quarter and the result is a foregone conclusion. I almost turn to my wife to say 'I think we should get up and go to the lower levels in time for the siren and victory lap' - I then stop myself so as to not tempt fate. I can only bring myself to say it when someone mentioned there was only 5 minutes left to play.

Hawks - 1st in the league over past 5 weeks for scores from turnover

Tigers - 18th in the league over past 5 weeks for defending scores from turnover
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back