Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was laying big tackles on Curnow on the weekend too. Your only doing that if your confident your shoulder can withstand physical contact. He's certainly nowhere near as immobile with it than a few weeks back.
It was a shoulder less tackle. He basically ran in to him in such a clever way that Curnow was bowled over and lost the ball.

Could it be Jamie Uhr-Henry? Played at East Ringwood then Oakleigh Chargers, but has been playing Basketball for Dandy Rangers since then. Was always a much better Basketballer than Footballer.
Probably you are right.
I can see the resemblance.

Assuming he plays I reckon this will be a great game for Will to get some form going. A 10 goal win + no injuries would trump a 100 point win and a couple of injuries.
Have you tested this theory.??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put him on ice for the next 3 weeks in case we need a different look in the finals. Could be a super-sub if we need his big game experience.
No way. Would have no confidence in his body being able to come in and stand up to the rigours of AFL. Particularly if needed early in the game due to an injury sub. While I like the idea of him having a farewell game against North, I don't think we can afford that. I would hope same is more ruthless than that in the pursuit of performance. Let's see.

Put him on ice for the next 3 weeks in case we need a different look in the finals. Could be a super-sub if we need his big game experience.
If he was coming off 10 decent senior games then yes but he hasn't played at the level for a year or been part of the new improved system at all - massive risk. I think he might be done.

If he was coming off 10 decent senior games then yes but he hasn't played at the level for a year or been part of the new improved system at all - massive risk. I think he might be done.
He's done.

I'm sure there are behind the scenes and cultural reasons why he was given another year but from a purely playing perspective this year has gone exactly as most of us would have predicted for Chad unfortunately (more soft tissue injuries and ever reducing output in the times when he isn't injured).

A real pity, he has such talent but we never got to see it in a sustained manner at the Hawks due to his body breaking down before it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back