Game Day Round 23, 2024: Hawthorn v Tigers, Sun 3.20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

they should have given the captain a couple weeks off he really needed it bs decision
I feel like a dick even suggesting it, and we’re all geniuses with the benefit of hindsight- but something’s been up with Day for over a month now, no doubt that was a freak injury.. I just wouldn’t have tempted fate with Day.. he gets injured quite often and his slight build playing in the midfield doesn’t help. ‘Them the breaks’

Sic needs a rocket at half time. Some lazy efforts with little dinky kicks around the corner not coming off.
Reset, regroup, refocus.
I’m expecting a good response in the third.
Want to be a contender boys?
Let’s see it then.

So much overreacting in this thread over 15 mins of football. Players a little bit tired and put the foot off the pedal, nothing wrong with that.

You guys sitting on your couches could barely run 5 mins in AFL game, let alone an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You aren’t gonna keep that level of footy up for 4 quarters

That being said, the drop off shouldn’t be that big.

Expect a ruthless quarter here and win by 75+

The group is human 50 points up and they fall away in the contest.

I expect a spirited 3rd quarter showing with a strong attack on the contest.

This Newcombe blokes very good at football.

19 disposals (9 contested)
6 clearances
84%
1 goal
1 goal assist
8 score involvements
4 tackles
3 inside 50s

In a half..

Also one decapitation of Day.

Stating the obvious: We need a reset, and come out hot again in the third or else this will turn into a horrible pit fight. We kind of went into a holding pattern there?

However, if in the morning you offered me a 5 (6 ish) goal lead at half time, I'd take that any day. Have to not be afraid of getting hurt though. Good, hard pre-finals hit out coming up.

We have been terrible with leads around 5-6 goals and very vulnerable as we are hopeless trying to slow the games down.

Sam should be saying to them we need 20 goals minimum on the board today.

Jack Gi needs to spring out of his box this quarter joined by Captain Sic, Breust, Gunston & Chol who haven’t had much of an impact.

That said the Tiges forwards and midfielders had more of the ball.

Put midfield need to stand up early and these fellas need to take the chances presented. Can’t carry Gunners & Breust if they aren’t kicking goals and putting the pressure on.

Yes Gunners has 2 but it was almost not existent pressure in the first quarter.

Dig in lads!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back