Round 23 discussion (Grand Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used my last trade on Priddis to Dangerfield. Quarter Time - Priddis 50 to Dangerfield 24... Even worse, my bf opponent has Priddis and not Dangerfield. Wah! >.<

Keep the faith Dangermouse will have a good game. He's just warming up.

Man I wish that bloody poodle Priddis would cop a minor injury that was enough to be subbed off.

Pull a hammy Priddis. :mad:

Up by 149 with Ablett and Pendles (Captain not played)

He has both Ablett and Pendles (Captain also not played) and McKenzie (GC)

Who should I make captain? That will be the deciding factor unless McKenzie kills it.

He has it on Ablett currently and I have it on Pendles, but he is shifty and will probably change it last second.

15/1728 - Projected 2606. Should be enough to win 3/3 Grand Finals :)

I have the same captain problem as everyone else... I'll probably end up being defensive and doing whatever my opponents do (which will probably be GAJ)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some massive scores kicking around. I'm about mid-1600's with 7 + C to come. My situation is:
(Me): Shaw, Pendles, Minson, Dixon + 89pts

vs

(Opp): Terlich, Ablett, JOM, Cloke.

The reason I have Pendles and he Ablett is that that is who we've both set as captains tomorrow, so this is obviously subject to change.

My question is...I have 1 trade left still, so my listing of Dixon above is predicated on me turning Terlich > Dixon once I'm satisfied there's no last-minute late withdrawals. But should i leave it as Terlich (and maybe even also swing the C on GAJ) to try to match my opponent and minimise the POD's?? If I did that it suddenly becomes:

(Me): Minson, Shaw + 89pts

vs

(Opp): JOM, Cloke.

I could probably do with having Dixon in favour of Terlich for my other GF's, but this league is my most prized match.

Ok guys and Toxic, Gringy, etc I need your expert help.

Somehow despite Duffield and Staker stinking up my team like horse shit and the SC Gods making Gray a late withdrawal (no bench cover) I am a chance in most of my 5 grand finals still.

Captain decision will be vital. I have no idea who to pick.

I could bank Selwoods 127 by putting Nicholls on the ground.

My 5 opponents have Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Libba and Swan as captain.

This is the equation of each of my 5 Grand Finals -

GF1 -

Me - 12 point lead, Swan and Goldstein

Him - Harvey.

(Has Ablett as captain)

GF2 -

Me - Griffen

Him - Minson, 81 point lead

(Has Pendles as captain)

GF3 - ($200 for winner)

Me - Goldstein, Griffen

Him - O'Meara, Terlich, 138 point lead

(Has Selwood as captain)

GF4 -

Me - Pendles, Goldstein, Griffen

Him - R.Murphy, Libba, 154 point lead

(Has Libba as captain)

GF5- ($400 for winner)

Me - Goldstein, Griffen

Him -221 point lead.

(Has Swan as captain)

* My GF5 opponent is cunning as and has been switching his captain to mine all night whenever he sees me switch it to someone else. Put it on Griffen for now as he doesn't have him but will change it to someone else.

Who do I pick as captain guys? Who is the best pick in this situation or should I just bank Selwoods score?

I'd have to pick someone different Pendles as captain if I am any chance to beat my GF2 opponent.

Picking Ablett as captain would block my GF1 opponent who is my best mate and get me the win against him and awesome bragging rights.

I reckon I can knock off my GF5 opponent ($400 for winning GF) if I block his captain as I'd be confident in Goldstein and Griffen getting 221 between them.

Same with my GF3 opponent. If I block his captain Selwood with Selwood then I'm only down by 13 points and only need Goldstein and Griffen to outscore O'Meara and Terlich.

Might have to pick someone who could go big to beat my GF2 and GF4 opponents and it would have to not be Pendles as my GF2 opponent has him and my GF4 opponent has Libba as captain.

Please help guys. Need to nail my captain choice and defy the odds by winning a man down against these 5 stooges. :thumbsu:

Some massive scores kicking around. I'm about mid-1600's with 7 + C to come. My situation is:
(Me): Shaw, Pendles, Minson, Dixon + 89pts

vs

(Opp): Terlich, Ablett, JOM, Cloke.

The reason I have Pendles and he Ablett is that that is who we've both set as captains tomorrow, so this is obviously subject to change.

My question is...I have 1 trade left still, so my listing of Dixon above is predicated on me turning Terlich > Dixon once I'm satisfied there's no last-minute late withdrawals. But should i leave it as Terlich (and maybe even also swing the C on GAJ) to try to match my opponent and minimise the POD's?? If I did that it suddenly becomes:

(Me): Minson, Shaw + 89pts

vs

(Opp): JOM, Cloke.

I could probably do with having Dixon in favour of Terlich for my other GF's, but this league is my most prized match.

I think you have your GF wrapped up mate regardless if you trade or not. :thumbsu:

Terlich to Dixon would be a good trade I reckon. :cool:

What the hell bigfooty.
Ok, seems I could have stuffed up big time. First mistake was making Mitchell emergency on Friday night, now if I have a late out, I will get his score instead of crouch's 122.
Trading in Griffen (can't say mistake just yet) when was also looking at J Steven, he goes and gets 150+ and yeah, Griffen could be that late out.... anyway
Still sitting at 16/1704 Have got the C on Pendles
Also another thing, I loopholed staker and thought surely JJK can at least beat that.... nope, less than 37. What a twat.

1865/16+C Thought I was doing pretty well until I saw some of the monster scores on here...wowee. The bloke with the current season high score would be getting nervous.

I think I'm home in 4 of my GF's but might be in a bit of trouble against the top 200 guy..
Me: Grimes, Cloke & 286 points (SC predictor 2444)
Villain: Goldstein, Minson & Griffen(C) (SC predictor 2460)

SC gods if you're reading this, please make it so Griffen is a late out, as my opponent has him as C with no midfield bench cover. Thankxinadvance, Gingy :rainbow:

Judd_Magic you can't control ALL 5 of your league scenarios and potential outcomes. Just go for who you think will score the highest for your C out of Jelwood's 127 or one of the other guys playing today.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pendles managed today by Buckley, is a dead rubber now and the Pies will want to go through unscathed/fresh into the finals. Be very careful i reckon putting the C on any Pie players today!!

Judd_Magic you can't control ALL 5 of your league scenarios and potential outcomes. Just go for who you think will score the highest for your C out of Jelwood's 127 or one of the other guys playing today.

Who would you go as captain if you were me mate?

Am now thinking Ablett as he can go huge!

Help me pick a captain. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back