round 23 vs Crows Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How great is Trent Cotchin?

And how many blonde, pretty, outside, soft, front-running, bruise-free, midfielders do the Crows have? They look a million bucks running forward in 20m of space after the other team turns it over.. but so do VFL players.

Exactly what i thought. They had quite a few players playing off ours waiting for the rebound. Looked great until we able to put scoreboard pressure on them. Glad we dont play like that.

Vickory, Nahas, Cotchin, Martin, Batchelor, Houli, Rance and Post have been my favourites this year (for various reasons). There are a bunch of big fellas that it looks like we have a shot at getting our hands on for 2012 to put the ball down our midfielder's throats. Can't wait. I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy a win and I don't care when, where, or who.

Imagine if we had a ruckman like Jacobs... The amount of taps he put down the throats of his mids was pretty amazing.
Was thinking exactly the same thing all day... "Imagine if we had a quality ruck" Oh well :eek:.

Really like Dusty resting up forward, such an awkward matchup for opposing teams. Gives us a great avenue to goal.

One word, WOW, my feet havent touched the ground since hearing the result, missed the lot, was at a golf day, can someone provide a quick summary
First quarter shootout, second quarter crap, first half of 3rd quarter worrying, second half of 3rd got into it, final quarter ran over the top of them.

One word, WOW, my feet havent touched the ground since hearing the result, missed the lot, was at a golf day, can someone provide a quick summary

A bit of a shoot out in the first quarter, Adelaide 7 goals to our 5.

Even though we were well in the game, Dimma went berserk at the players at quarter time for our defensive efforts, even was in animated discussion with Lade.
We wasted some easy shots at goal in the second quarter and went in at half time about 16 points down.

Early in the 3rd Adelaide had free players running everywhere and kicked away to lead by 24 points.

I thought we were gone, all of a sudden we just got on top and pretty much destroyed them for the rest of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thx RT, sounds like I only need to watch 4q replay then:p
Probably the 15 minute mark of the 3rd quarter would be better, get to enjoy the full comeback.

I was fortunate enough to experience the Tigers victory from a superbox today and enjoyed rubbing into a couple of vocal Crows supporters who eventually toned down in the 3rd quarter.

All the pre match publicity over here has been focused on Bickley and his impeccable record of 3 wins from 4 matches, and 4 from 5 after today's result??? Jeez, were they wrong!

How sweet it is, beating the in form Cows at AAMI with a younger team who showed endevour and reslience to overcome an older and more experienced Cows outfit away from our comfort zones of Etihad and the G!

The taxi ride back was a blast!!!

okay, okay now i don't mind us winning this game, i just don't want to win the game against north then that would mean we'd be 13th, that's saying that melbourne win against GC and Port and the Bulldogs beat Freo next week. If Melbourne don't beat GC today then they must beat Port by more than 100 points. That way we'd have pick 14, at least that's better than 18 PLUS we'd have achieved 2 more wins than last year.
if we get pick 10 12 14 or 18 what does it matter in the last 18 months we have ibcreased spending in the recruiting department so we have more knowledge and expertise to draft talent no matter what the pick... We are also getting two more development coaches for the next year so we can now properly develop our new players no matter where they are drafted ... we are becoming a good football club a smart football club who want to win and not to tank maybe the million dollars we get for cairns and darwin games are being spent properly bring on 2012 onwards and upwards:thumbsu:

if we get pick 10 12 14 or 18 what does it matter in the last 18 months we have ibcreased spending in the recruiting department so we have more knowledge and expertise to draft talent no matter what the pick... We are also getting two more development coaches for the next year so we can now properly develop our new players no matter where they are drafted ... we are becoming a good football club a smart football club who want to win and not to tank maybe the million dollars we get for cairns and darwin games are being spent properly bring on 2012 onwards and upwards:thumbsu:

Well said guru. The way people go on, it's as if a win like this suddenly excludes us from the draft, full stop. :rolleyes:

I always get a laugh reading the game day threads in hind sight :)

I personally couldn't give a rats tossbag whether the draft pick is 10-12-14...it's paramount that this club demonstrates some tangible improvement. Rising from 15th to 9th will indeed underline that and really fuel the charge leading into 2012 where we can take stock and bolster some weaknesses that were exposed in that horrid mid season lapse.

I personally couldn't give a rats tossbag whether the draft pick is 10-12-14...it's paramount that this club demonstrates some tangible improvement. Rising from 15th to 9th will indeed underline that and really fuel the charge leading into 2012 where we can take stock and bolster some weaknesses that were exposed in that horrid mid season lapse.
exactly

Finishing the season on a high does a lot more than some are suggesting, it will attract investment into our club from sponsors and private investors, plus give supporters hope going into next year, that means more memberships. And also more importantly it makes Tigerland an attractive place, where good players can come and expect to be part of a bright future.

Remove this Banner Ad

round 23 vs Crows Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back