round 23 vs Crows Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: round 23 vs Crows Team Discussion and Other Stuff

Great game to watch with Adelaide really taking it up to Collingwood for three quarters. A game I thought would be not worth watching really had me enthralled with Adelaide up at 3/4 time.

In the last quarter, Collingwood just pulled out the big stuff like they did against Essendon and made Adelaide pay for daring to challenge them with a big win.

Tambling was the sub in that game I believe coming on around 3/4 time and made a number of errors that certainly helped Collingwood get the lead and start rocking.

Bit hard on Tambling to really say he was the problem but it didnt look good for him. I think he may have also made some critical mistakes when he came on and Essendon stole the game from the Crows.
I can't believe some of the criticism he got after the Pies game, it was beyond ridiculous. If starting as the sub isn't demoralizing enough, coming on during a high pressure game against the best team in the comp in a tight game is hardly ideal. Collingwood were just too damn good for us in the last 20 minutes of the game, enough said. And I don't remember anything notable from the Essendon game, Brent Reilly is someone who made some serious blues at critical moments that day though...

The fact Armstrong is playing so well for us right now isn't helping his cause either.

I think part of it also might be that we've already decided to keep Tambling - everyone else rotating through the bottom of our midfield and half back flank is auditioning to save their AFL career (Armstrong, Martin, Cook, Petrenko), or earn a permanent promotion from the rookie list and actually start one (Riley, Callinan)

His attitude is fine. Tambo seems like one of the nicest blokes you could have at a footy club, and he understands that his form hasn't been great and admitted it himself last week on 5AA. Was always fighting shit up creek after a very limited pre season, and his start to the season was actually quite good. IF he runs out a full pre season, judge him on next year, I have a feeling we will see the best of him then.:thumbsu:
Just wondering if you copied and pasted that from one of our threads on Tambling from 05-10? As it sounds exactly like the type of thing we would post about Richie come the end of every season he was with us. :D:eek:

EDIT DELETE: My Footylite App must be behind in its updates. I am sorry :p

Thanks Rust, I don't have a clue how I didn't pick that up

INS: White, Nason, O'Reilly
OUTS: -

:p That's better lol

Re: Anyone going to AAMI Stadium (plus round 23 vs Crows thread)

Unchanged

B: Thursfield Rance Houli
HB: Dea Post Deledio
C: Grigg Martin Cotchin
HF: Edwards Vickery Jackson
F: King Riewoldt Nahas
R: Graham Tuck Foley
I/C: Morton Farmer Webberley Miller
EMG: White Nason O'Rielly

Looks like I am on the same flight as the players tomorrow.
Being a nervous flyer, I am suddenly much more comfortable about it all.
Meaning that if the plane starts falling out of the sky, Dustin Martin can just 'don't argue' it back up in the air again.:D

Looks like I am on the same flight as the players tomorrow.
Being a nervous flyer, I am suddenly much more comfortable about it all.
Meaning that if the plane starts falling out of the sky, Dustin Martin can just 'don't argue' it back up in the air again.:D

ide imagine he would 'dont argue' the planet out of the way of the falling plane

Bickley said in an interview that Bling simply needs to work on his offensive run a little more. His agression and willingness to do the team things is fantastic but just needs to get his hands on the cod a bit more. I think he needs to be played on ball at sturt rather then back pocket.

Is there an obvious candidate to run with Cotchin this weekend, or will they just go head to head?

Tipping Jackson and/or Grigg might share duties keeping an eye on Thompson.

man ill be at this game and would love a win to shove it in some peoples faces :p

hoping we shutdown johncock and vince.

hope cotchin has a bloody ripper too. :thumbsu:

go tigers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stopping thompson who has been a constant pain in the arse for my supercoach team all year,would be a win for the tigers and me.go jackson!!

Is there an obvious candidate to run with Cotchin this weekend, or will they just go head to head?

Probably van Berlo going to Cotchin, or trying to play him the other way. He picked up 32 disposals himself last week, but let Ablett have 37 the other way.

And I don't remember anything notable from the Essendon game, Brent Reilly is someone who made some serious blues at critical moments that day though

Bloody Johncock injury that night after the bloke was ripping them apart and Reilly as you pointed out.

Essendon could be in the gun right now and having to barrack for us in the last round against North Melbourne to make finals. They would have to care more than us if we won.

Just a quick thanks to the crows supporters for coming to the board and not acting like w***ers. It's been great to read their contributions. Keep it up.

Matty Dea has been withdrawn from the team and Jamie O`Reilly comes in.

Griffiths onto the emergency list.

Apparently Cambo (opposition analysis coach) said all we gotta do is clog the corridor and we'll win, any truth to this? What do you guys think?

I think the real key to us getting the 4 points is one of Mckernan or Otten going 2nd man up against Riewoldt otherwise I can envisage him kicking a bag on Rutten, would kill him on the lead.
Who do you guys think will go to Tippett? Im not familiar with Richmonds defence, normally Kurt gets 2 or 3 defenders on him but under the new regime we have changed things up from the "bomb to Tippett" gameplan thus allowing Gunston and Walker to get on the scoreboard.
What can you guys see being the defensive matchups?

Rance to Walker, Post to have first crack at Tippet, if that isn't working, then it's Will Thursfield to Tippet. The engine room battle is gonna be a cracker. Martin and Dangerfield butting heads alone will be worth the price of admission.

Rance to Walker, Post to have first crack at Tippet, if that isn't working, then it's Will Thursfield to Tippet. The engine room battle is gonna be a cracker. Martin and Dangerfield butting heads alone will be worth the price of admission.

Absolutely, Dustin Martin is my favourite player not at my own team.
Just love the way he goes about it, especially his patented "Dont Argue" :D
As you said CB17 it will be a cracker Dangefield, Thompson, Sloane v Martin, Cotchin, Foley.

I think the real key to us getting the 4 points is one of Mckernan or Otten going 2nd man up against Riewoldt otherwise I can envisage him kicking a bag on Rutten, would kill him on the lead.
Who do you guys think will go to Tippett? Im not familiar with Richmonds defence, normally Kurt gets 2 or 3 defenders on him but under the new regime we have changed things up from the "bomb to Tippett" gameplan thus allowing Gunston and Walker to get on the scoreboard.
What can you guys see being the defensive matchups?

Jack's not actually that fast so Rutten is a good match up for him. He's done well on him in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

round 23 vs Crows Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back