Game Day Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside, Sydney are massively advantaged by playing after our game and knowing what they have to do. Imagine if the roles were reversed and we knew we were already 6th?
Also massively advantaged by the 4 premiership points awarded by that goal umpire last week šŸ˜¬

Probably, yep. Biggest difference is simply their form since last time we played them. 6 in a row.

So their last 8 weeks is:

Draw Geelong (11th)
Lose to Tigers (12th)
Just get over the line against the Dogs (rabble)
Solid win against Freo (14th)
Just get over the line against Essendon (rabble)
Close win against the Giants (credible)
Solid win over the Suns (15th)
Technical loss against Adelaide (13th)

Wins are wins (and we've certainly had a few) but jeez they basically played the entire bottom 10 in their last 10 weeks (decimated the Eagles the week before Geelong draw)

Anyway that's a couple weeks away problem!

Lions considered to be unbeatable at the Gabba. Hopefully RL see's that as a challenge.
A couple of days ago I did something I rarely do - I watched the upcoming opposition's last game.
Can I say - their forward line is looking pretty good and in form and Cameron was red hot last week.
It will be a test alright. If we win this ........ lid is probably off.

Also massively advantaged by the 4 premiership points awarded by that goal umpire last week šŸ˜¬

And gifted the interchange infringement against the Roos.

Can't get that excited about this game other than seeing Jack Hayes back in action.

Doubt we'll win and even if we do it won't change the match up for the first week of the finals - Saints V Sydney MCG.

Well now that finals is locked in Iā€™m really excited to see if we change anything up in preparation for contention, if the coaches may trial some things out, since this is a free hit.

Im also curious to see if knowing that we are playing next week and are in finals adds a bit of confidence and looseness to our playing group.

Only thing that could dampen today for me is any major injuries, so fingers crossed

A couple of days ago I did something I rarely do - I watched the upcoming opposition's last game.
Can I say - their forward line is looking pretty good and in form and Cameron was red hot last week.
It will be a test alright. If we win this ........ lid is probably off.

Mid and forward they are arguably the ones with the most "hope" where if 10 goals down in a grannie they can spend a quarter and get a lead, Blues next best IMO but their mids are iffy. We stick with Brissie we have the defense to snip them, the issue primarily for me is that they probably just have enough to make us leak where we then need mid ascendency where they can probably middle it and be fine.

I really only watch us and them as consider we're kinda similar tempo teams, just they are further ahead in dev which is why say a Ming+Keeler >> Daniher+Hipwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are 50/50 at best. Sydney have everything to play for and haven't lost in six weeks.

Well while the scoreboard says the Swans won last week, we all know that they really should have lost.

Their actual 5 wins have not been against the best teams either. 2 wins against bottom 6 teams, and their best wins each against 8th and 9th.

Lo0king at the Dees last 6 matches I would personally rate it as a better run of form than the Swans last 6 games. But yes Swans will be no pushovers.

1693019068350.png

1693019879882.png

I'm excited as hell to see how we play now things seem to have clicked a bit under Ross.

I'm in a great mood, going in with finals locked in and nothing to lose. Just happy to enjoy the game, I hope we smash them and carry some momentum into finals.

Whilst that makes some sense, you want to hit the finals in top form.

Going in off a loss and then a bye is not that desirable.

Theyā€™ve picked a strong team. Letā€™s hope they perform like a top 4 side.

It probably is the strongest Dees team for a while.

Well while the scoreboard says the Swans won last week, we all know that they really should have lost.

Their actual 5 wins have not been against the best teams either. 2 wins against bottom 6 teams, and their best wins each against 8th and 9th.

Lo0king at the Dees last 6 matches I would personally rate it as a better run of form than the Swans last 6 games. But yes Swans will be no pushovers.

View attachment 1785992

View attachment 1786013
Going by that data too, swans averaging 15 goals a game in wins.

GIF by AFL

Only had 1 team score more than 14 goals on us This year Crom at Adelaide.

What are our plans today?
I got a growler of sour a growler of pale ale a carton of Monteith black and a carton of gold.
Plus a bucket full of dimmies.
Nipping into that while having a punt.
Waiting for the slaughter to begin šŸ©ø

Despite our good form of late I'd be surprised if we can get the win today. A home qualifying final means heaps for Brisbane's flag chances. Just hope we can be competitive and get through with a clean bill of health for once.

A win would be fantastic but an honorable loss combined with a Melbourne and Carlton win will achieve the same finals result for us. A home final that is.

I'm in a great mood, going in with finals locked in and nothing to lose. Just happy to enjoy the game, I hope we smash them and carry some momentum into finals.
I was just thinking the same thing, how great is it knowing that no matter what happens today we make finals šŸ˜Š
Obviously hoping for a win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back