Review Round 3, 2014 - Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, Saturday, 19 April 2014, 6pm @ Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort to win down there under lights (we lost our match down there last year).

Not sure why we as premiers had to go all the way to Geelong and play at night, surely we should have played them at our home ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort to win down there under lights (we lost our match down there last year).

Not sure why we as premiers had to go all the way to Geelong and play at night, surely we should have played them at our home ground?
Arnt Geelong allowed home games?

Arnt Geelong allowed home games?

Yes, but we only play them once this year, as reigning premiers why couldn't it be our home game? Home ground advantage down there compounded by the fact that they would play many more games under lights/at night than we do.

Last edited:
Got to my first Box Hill game and loved it, though I had to leave in the 3rd (when Sicily hit the post) as my kids were well past their bed time and playing up a bit. From the little I saw between settling feuds and soothing tears, I thought Grimley was pretty good and so was Hartung. Ceglar also look very good. Lake took a few good marks early but I didn't see Schoenmakers much.

The kids loved having a kick on the ground so I'll try to get to other games. I couldn't miss this one as we can see the lights from our place and it's only a few minutes away by car. What a luxury! It beats an hour and a half (or more) by train to the 'G.

For those of you who were there, you may have heard my 4yr old boy yelling out "go Hawks" at the top of his voice, particularly after the Geelong supporters started up the "go Cats".

Yeas, but we only play them once this year, as reigning premiers why couldn't it be our home game? Home ground advantage down there compounded by the fact that they would play many more games under lights/at night than we do.
So as reigning Premiers we should play everyone at Box Hill City Oval?
Everyone in the VFL has a home ground advantage, and night games, really?
Hope you've just carried on drinking while cooking dinner Bumps!:p

So as reigning Premiers we should play everyone at Box Hill City Oval?
Everyone in the VFL has a home ground advantage, and night games, really?
Hope you've just carried on drinking while cooking dinner Bumps!:p

No, not eveyone I'm just talking about the Grand Final replay. You don't think Geelong have bigger home ground advantage than others playing night games down there :confused: I am perfectly sober thank you :drunk:

Got to my first Box Hill game and loved it, though I had to leave in the 3rd (when Sicily hit the post) as my kids were well past their bed time and playing up a bit. From the little I saw between settling feuds and soothing tears, I thought Grimley was pretty good and so was Hartung. Ceglar also look very good. Lake took a few good marks early but I didn't see Schoenmakers much.

The kids loved having a kick on the ground so I'll try to get to other games. I couldn't miss this one as we can see the lights from our place and it's only a few minutes away by car. What a luxury! It beats an hour and a half (or more) by train to the 'G.

For those of you who were there, you may have heard my 4yr old boy yelling out "go Hawks" at the top of his voice, particularly after the Geelong supporters started up the "go Cats".

Must be fun living in Geelong during football season, especially as a Hawthorn supporter! :)

Just going off the radio commentary, Schoey had a quiet game. Didn't play badly but didn't get much of the ball. Lake was good at times but ill disciplined at others, giving away two 50m penalties in a short space of time in the second quarter.

Just glad they both got through unscathed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2014 - Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, Saturday, 19 April 2014, 6pm @ Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back