Game Day Round 3, 2016 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the frustration many of us feel stems from seeing many players at other clubs in the 50-100 game bracket, drastically improving, whereas some of our blokes in that bracket aren't improving at a similar rate.

As a supporter base, we just have to maintain the faith, not much more we can do. Whether that's what the club should do, is a different question.

Who great idea was it to make Merrett Captain. Hanley should of been Captain. Electing to go against the wind. LOL.

It was a stupid decision but let's not pretend it was the key issue that quarter. Insipid football was the real culprit.

I suspect Hanley has been carrying a chronic injury since surgery and I suspect he will carry it for the rest of his career. Will never be the same player I fear.
Unfortunate if true. Maybe he should move to the HBF. Would be less taxing on his body if he doesn't have to crash his way through packs all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been young for 5 years.

The go home 5 completely obliterated us, it's why our rebuild is taking so long to complete.
Let's not forget this. The players that should now be hitting 100-120 games and be solid AFL players left a big hole in our development.

How do we continually let the opposition get goalside?

Because they're young?

But in all seriousness, at time against North there were 3 Kangaroos players behind the last Lion defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back