Review Round 3, 2023 - Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

General feeling, i think we need to put some players in the 2s to get their hunger back. Bailey, Hipwood - head back. Linc was in a tagging role tonight (was pretty clear), but Bailey was doing dumb stuff like trying to outmuscle Bont. Rayner was poor, but most of the back line were great to be honest. Midfield got beaten up, with some shining moments, but once the ball got going there was no defensive run from the mids, it rested with Harris and crew. Forwards were dreadful.

Good: Harris, Lachie, Gunston’s third quarter. Dunks was ok against his former team.

Bad: Clug’s form. Eric’s form. Zac’s form. Linc’s form (did he even play?). You could probably name a few others tbh.

I’ve never truly rated our chances of being a legitimate chance of a flag until this year with all the recruits we bought in however after seeing the first 3 weeks, I’ve changed my mind again and just can’t see it with this group. Honestly just don’t think they mentally have it in them unfortunately.

Where's dat lid?

Needs to be slammed back on.

Incredibly deflating performance. Looked very much like a team of individuals, no urgency, stop start, uncertain. No real connection between any line

This is not good. It's the start of the season but this will need a real change. They looked scared and cooked which is bizarre.

Good: Harris, Lachie, Gunston’s third quarter. Dunks was ok against his former team.

Bad: Clug’s form. Eric’s form. Zac’s form. Linc (did he even play?).

I’ve never truly rated our chances of being a legitimate chance of a flag until this year with all the recruits we bought in however after seeing the first 3 weeks, I’ve changed my mind again and just can’t see it with this group. Honestly just don’t think they mentally have it in them unfortunately.

Feel exactly the same way. Was supremely confident at the start of the year. Just can't understand how badly those guys are playing. Add in Daniher and even Charlie and that's the majority of the forward line and our two best outside mids playing the worst football of their careers.

I’m not going to single players out nor am I laying the blame at the feet of the umpires. Really felt we let the ball out of forward 50 without any fight. When the ball hit the ground the Dogs were first to respond. Also our positioning around the stoppages is questionable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General feeling, i think we need to put some players in the 2s to get their hunger back. Bailey, Hipwood - head back. Linc was in a tagging role tonight (was pretty clear), but Bailey was doing dumb stuff like trying to outmuscle Bont. Rayner was poor, but most of the back line were great to be honest. Midfield got beaten up, with some shining moments, but once the ball got going there was no defensive run from the mids, it rested with Harris and crew. Forwards were dreadful.
I'd like to know who Linc was tagging. Did it have any effect?

I think we can kick a winning score without Daniher on the field. Too many talls up front tonight, many who can't mark overhead. English picking up so many easy possessions. Forward line really needs attention.

Andrews started slowly, then played really well. Dunkley did his best to set the standard but didn't have enough mates to follow his lead. Thought the 2 Irishmen had a dig. Rayner needs to play out of the middle or half forward. The rest? Not much to add.

Disappointing night. Next week will be very interesting

Competition is more even than it's ever been and if we want to be top 4 we need to find some consistency away from home pretty quickly. Not really worried with the losses as many teams will lose interstate to those 2 sides, more the way we've played in them.

I’m not going to single players out nor am I laying the blame at the feet of the umpires. Really felt we let the ball out of forward 50 without any fight. When the ball hit the ground the Dogs were first to respond. Also our positioning around the stoppages is questionable.

First to respond because they have footy sense. We have too many players who don't see 2 seconds in front of them.

heck, just play Robertson, Ah Chee and Prior, and we welcome Rich back. At least they are tough and work. Goodbye Daniher, McCarthy (you've been good), Joyce and McKenna.

What I didn't like in particular was the lack of desperation from certain players in the last quarter and the give up mentality when we had it locked in our forward line and just let them run it out with no defensive pressure or even run to pick up their guy who kept running.

Our current forward structure sucks. Hipwood doesn't seem to know what his role is. Get a couple of hard nuts in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2023 - Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Back