Review Round 3, 2023: Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 10 April 2023, 11.45am @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyable watch after the main game. Ned Long is Worpels replacement to me - main 2 things he offers more than worps is some ability forward and he kicks within his limitations. DGB great and kicking underrated time to come back in. Butler good although didn’t to my eye seem to get involved much outside the scores. Seamus looks good he needs some opportunities to see what we have before years end. Hawks draftees all coming along nicely, Lynch and Rama good keeping pressure on and with the rucks having another less than stellar day (thought Meek was better today though) they both might see action soon. Bit of a man crush on Jaylon Thorpe don’t think we should take him but glad to get to watch him for Box Hill. Kozi looks cooked good effort but definitely not a forward it’s time to go back as last chance saloon. Tank good return expect he’s back in the 1s soon and liking O’Sullivan and Bennetts creativity across half forward. Fionn looked good definitely needs 2 more years to see what he can become.
Longs got to be in the mix this week. His connection between mid and fwd is very good and something lacking badly at the top level. Plus he is physical.

Great signs by a lot of the Hawks List boys today!
Does anyone know why Jed Rule did not play I was looking forward to seeing any signs that he could be a Mid Season chance for us ?
In my opinion I think Seamus is ready to give us a lot more that what Finn is right now !
Same with DGB he needs to come in Sicily cannot ever again play on Jeremy Cameron again!He plays him way to loose!
Butler just has to come in and keep playing I thing Conor McDonald needs a spell!
Ramsden I would like to see him when Mitch is back and that will make Fergus more dangerous aswell !
I love our guys that may not be quite ready this year but geez I am getting good vibes from,B.MacDonald,J O’Sullivan,Josh Bennetts and Fionn O’Hara.
That is not including Josh Weddle and Henry Hustwaite as I have not seen either of those lads play much as yet!
I love Cooper Stephen and Ned Longs aggressive nature to there game but neither are great finishers?But may give us more that what Worpel does?
Lynch probably deserves another crack not sure whether he fixes much though ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to hear Box Hill had a big win and a number of the Hawthorn listed Youngsters showed a bit. As is always the case this performance should be viewed in the context of the quality ( or otherwise) of the opposition.
Regardless of this obvious qualification good form in the VFL should always be rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back