Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know nothing

S7fZ6zA.gif

Very good news. Mcc have upped their attendance to 69k for this week. The normal home clubs are easy to work out early. We aren’t used to booking early or even booking at all. That’s more like the crowd we should expect. Go saints. Wish I was there.
Great news do you have the link for this? - want to show my mates

Some friends are planning a last minute trip down to the game. Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced accommodation not TOO far from the 'G?
Virtually impossible - Grand Prix weekend . Might get something ridiculously priced out in the burbs

Apologies, probably the wrong thread for this, but I am now absolutely convinced that we have an outstanding coaching group with RTB, Harvey, Hayes, Enright, Goddard, Carrol & Batchelor (apologies if I have missed anyone!).

What a resource for the players if u want to be the best u can be!

U can lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink, but to date the boys are clearly listening, learning & doing the work!

We have only scratched the surface with this up and coming group & will have set backs, but there is a pathway there if the guys want to follow it, improve and get respect from the competition.

Totally agree. Good coaches improve teams and do so very quicky. St Kilda, Essendon & North all undefeated, all with new proven coaches. We may have the best of the lot.

As an individual head coach Clarkson has the runs on the board, but he has issues as well, indeed the same issues that RTB has had. Taking too much of the load themselves and allowing teams to age out instead to renewing due to in my opinion loyalty to their older players.

RTB appears to have become much better at delegating, allowing the other coaches to do their job. We might at present have the best coaching team in the AFL. The thought is like a warm blanket during a cold night. As St Kilda fans we have suffered too many cold nights of the footy soul.

Losing steele is bad, can we cover? No, in that what he brings cannot be replaced, yes in that somebody can fill the role in the overall method of play.

Last year I would be certain we would lose vrs another undefeated team with our injuries. This year its a coin toss, trust the process, game on.

We played them without Seb Ross, now we need to play them without Steele. The most important part of Lyon's set up is to retain structure behind the ball and every player falls back to help out when the ball is in their area. Very confident that we can do that. Not 100% confident that it will be enough but at least we shouldn't get blown away as easily. We are playing incredibly for a side that has so many missing. The pessimist in me says that we'll fall over at some point but we are only playing Essendon who are genuinely shit so not this week.

We played them without Seb Ross, now we need to play them without Steele. The most important part of Lyon's set up is to retain structure behind the ball and every player falls back to help out when the ball is in their area. Very confident that we can do that. Not 100% confident that it will be enough but at least we shouldn't get blown away as easily. We are playing incredibly for a side that has so many missing. The pessimist in me says that we'll fall over at some point but we are only playing Essendon who are genuinely s**t so not this week.
Spot on - let’s all keep perspective - doing incredibly well with this injury list, including to key players - hope we can snag another few wins & then the cavalry returns!

I haven’t wanted to win a game more than this one in quite some time!

If we get close to 70k there it’d be a huge celebration for our club.

And if we can get over the Bombers and Suns and go 4-0 in the face of all these injuries, it’s be huge for our season.

Why do I keep seeing this dude, who the hell is it?

By the way, it’s gonna be a ******* painful week in here if lose to these campaigners now, gonna be Essendon w***ers swarming this board
It's Darrin, mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I keep seeing this dude, who the hell is it?

By the way, it’s gonna be a ******* painful week in here if lose to these campaigners now, gonna be Essendon w***ers swarming this board

**** them, they are so boring they'd have nothing to fire back. A wild night for them is a hot cup of cocoa and staying up until 9 pm to watch reruns of Vera.

Geez…that’s some upward trajectory…really pleased for him!
He’s 29, ol’ Girthy, and with a pretty crap injury history, but he’s managed to play a fair few games in a row now, is super fit, and despite the injuries, hasn’t been smashed around as much as most his age.

I wonder how long he could keep going…?

Stringer and Weideman likely to be available and a stack of the Dons AFL players starred in the VFL (Hobbs, Hind, Voss).

Meanwhile for us Bytel and Webster are maybes, Steele gone, Highmore the only bloke doing anything in the VFL.

Not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back