Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, my grading was spot on impact wise, never change hand of god, never change. Good to know when you brace into a face though, you just need to spin your body to really ram that forearm home across the entire face, and it'll be careless instead of intentional though.

The man exudes leadership on field, is a great person, utter beast of a competitor, generally pretty intelligent and is in his prime, no brainer really.

CHB, CHF, relief Ruck, big bodied mid, the man can plug whatever gap if required to an acceptable level and runs all day. He is what McKernan and Marsh were meant to be back in the day.

Always get fond memories of Marsh whenever I see bigjonathonmarsh comments on AFL Instagram posts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Michael Gleeson from the Age proving that at least some AFL "journalists" can actually write.

"Essendon might have expressed it the wrong way on Saturday night, but they do need to play with more edge.

Where that edge and grit needs to be applied is in someone, anyone, stopping the opposition running through them like a goat vindaloo."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Gleeson from the Age proving that at least some AFL "journalists" can actually write.

"Essendon might have expressed it the wrong way on Saturday night, but they do need to play with more edge.

Where that edge and grit needs to be applied is in someone, anyone, stopping the opposition running through them like a goat vindaloo."
Bitta Gringo about that..

No he doesn’t need to be the same but we need someone to play Henry’s role and I’m not sure Wilson is there yet or anyone for that mamatter.
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to replace a best 22 player with one that can fill the role a well.

Henry plays half forward, wing and a little on thr ball. We Have plenty of players in the 22 that can play those roles. If it's not Darcy them it will be someone else.

Last week be brought in Sinclair for Crouch and Jones for Collard, so not like for likes.

I think we just pick our best 22 and shuffle the chairs around ig need be rather than trying to find someone outside the 22 that plays the same as Henry.

Wasn’t the outcome worse than Jimmys?
No the outcome was the same. Player concussed and subbed out.

Jimmys act was worse. Hit at speed when there was no need to bump, jumped and hit high.

Wright can atleast say he was going for the ball. But that’s about the only difference. He still smushed the player into next week.

Anybody who thinks Wright's hit was worse than Webster's needs to take the blinkers off.

Webster wasn't playing footy when he cleaned up Simpkin, he was just looking to hurt the bloke in retribution for Simpkins high fend off.

Wright will cop 4 weeks, nowhere near as malicious.
I doubt that matters. The AFL is always more concerned about the optics. That still image looks brutal. My guess is 5 down to four, but 6 wouldn't shock me. The fact that the bombres talked up being aggressive highlights the intent.

Anybody who thinks Wright's hit was worse than Webster's needs to take the blinkers off.

Webster wasn't playing footy when he cleaned up Simpkin, he was just looking to hurt the bloke in retribution for Simpkins high fend off.

Wright will cop 4 weeks, nowhere near as malicious.
I think it will be a little more than 4 if that is what SPP ended up with but it wasn't as bad as Webster's.

5 weeks for Wright would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back