Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

in previous years i have tried to pick my highest scoring player each week as captain which has usually meant a different captain every week

but this year it has been cross 3 weeks in a row and he has not dissapointed with a captains average of 111.67

maybe this year i will just stick with cross all year and hope he averages 105 over the year, i think that is better than getting say a 130 out of brown one week, 60 out of pav another and 90 out of cross the next

Captains for me so far:
Round 1 - Dean Cox (121)
Round 2 - Daniel Cross (139)
Round 3 - Daniel Cross (113)

Average of 124 :D

Thanks BJ...... :( How many threads will there be this week that start with "who to trade BJ out for?" haha, and i hope they all do it

Serenity now, insanity later.....I've decided to not get too worked up over it after a lot of my guns failed last week, just smile, there is always next week....

round 1: Kane Cornes - 108
round 2: Dean Cox - 141
Round 3: Nick Riewoldt - 59

Riewoldt looked like getting 100 last night, shame saints midfield was so bad he would of got the 100. Saints midfield didnt want the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey, sorry if mentioned - i did take a quick check of the thread, but its been raining all morning here in perth, glad i changed from cox to the CHAD.

Who knows Cox will probably turn into some freak player in the wet getting 40 touches.

Something tell me Priddis is gonna smash it up today 160 any1?

so far

swan - 122
cox - 140
cox - ? forgot to change him, bout time he scored against the dockers
however its bucketing down here in perth :(:(

BW4PM's guide to captaincy - Round 3:

1. If you have a Geelong midfielder, make them captain. You've got it easy, so stop whingeing. Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Ling, Chapman, Stevie J - heck, even Milburn, Stokes and Selwood could be considered. Take your pick.
2. Nick Riewoldt. Averages 92 against the Dogs in his last three games and has kicked bags of 3,4 and 5 in those games respectively. Also, loves playing at the Dome. If you don't have a Geelong midfielder then Roo is your next best option
3. Daniel Cross. Averages 102 in his last three games against the Saints (including 60 last season in his first game back from injury), and unlikely to be tagged ahead of Cooney. Is in great form with 139 last week.
4. Chad Cornes. Averages 109 in his last three showdowns. But will his scores suffer if he plays on Goodwin?
5. Joel Bowden. Has scored 366 points in his last 4 against the Pies, with 31 dispoals/114 points in their last meeting.

My smokey picks: Priddis, Stanton and Young. All to crack the ton this week. Sorry, you get no elaboration for me - hence their titled 'smokey's :D

In the unlikely event that you have none of the above players, or don't trust my numbers then you have two options:
a) Go with your gut instinct - even if it's telling you to pick Fevola. That way you can make the decision for yourself, and feel all happy when Fev kicks 8 goals and scores 140.. although you can't blame anyone else if he does a hammy and scores 2.
b) Go with your highest priced player. I mean, you picked them for a reason right? Why not show some faith! There's no point having them in your team if you don't think they're gonna perform, so if all else fails, choose your highest valued player.

Over and out.

Would anybody like to know next week's lotto numbers? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back