Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

whats the prognosis? i've always been a crap chooser of captains, probs the only reason why im not in the top 100 but anywho......c.cornes, cross, milburn, riewoldt, pav or johnson?

even if chornes does play on goodwin with goodwin playing forward, chornes will get about 15 uncontested marks after kick outs/end of quarters etc, he does it even when he plays in the midfield

that being said i think i prefer cross

I doubt Stanton will be tagged some how. Why would Carlton bother tagging an outside player that has been so poor in the first 2 matches? He isn't particularly dangerous...

Geelong were on the money tagging Watson instead last week.

I agree, Stanton hasn't been effective at all during the first few games. Saying that i still think he is your most dangerous midfielder when in form and still need to be paid close attention to.

Priddis or Cox for me, still undecided. Any thoughts?

BW4PM's guide to captaincy - Round 3:

1. If you have a Geelong midfielder, make them captain. You've got it easy, so stop whingeing. Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Ling, Chapman, Stevie J - heck, even Milburn, Stokes and Selwood could be considered. Take your pick.
2. Nick Riewoldt. Averages 92 against the Dogs in his last three games and has kicked bags of 3,4 and 5 in those games respectively. Also, loves playing at the Dome. If you don't have a Geelong midfielder then Roo is your next best option
3. Daniel Cross. Averages 102 in his last three games against the Saints (including 60 last season in his first game back from injury), and unlikely to be tagged ahead of Cooney. Is in great form with 139 last week.
4. Chad Cornes. Averages 109 in his last three showdowns. But will his scores suffer if he plays on Goodwin?
5. Joel Bowden. Has scored 366 points in his last 4 against the Pies, with 31 dispoals/114 points in their last meeting.

My smokey picks: Priddis, Stanton and Young. All to crack the ton this week. Sorry, you get no elaboration for me - hence their titled 'smokey's :D

In the unlikely event that you have none of the above players, or don't trust my numbers then you have two options:
a) Go with your gut instinct - even if it's telling you to pick Fevola. That way you can make the decision for yourself, and feel all happy when Fev kicks 8 goals and scores 140.. although you can't blame anyone else if he does a hammy and scores 2.
b) Go with your highest priced player. I mean, you picked them for a reason right? Why not show some faith! There's no point having them in your team if you don't think they're gonna perform, so if all else fails, choose your highest valued player.

Over and out.
My thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Stanton will be tagged some how. Why would Carlton bother tagging an outside player that has been so poor in the first 2 matches? He isn't particularly dangerous...

Geelong were on the money tagging Watson instead last week.
So Stanton is a hack is he?

Good of you to admit it.

Went with Chad as captain and Goodes as vice.

Not too fussed with not naming Cross. Should be a solid option against Essendon next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back