Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that I am considering what Sheedy says but dont blast me for it. Is it dangerous picking a geelong player this week (corey, gablett)? If cats are up by 50 mid way through the second will they be rested for most of the game? Or will thomo want his percentage to rise?

They were killing the Bombers last week, Bartel was resting for sections of the game and still racked up 38 possessions.

you would think fisher would go to cooney, much more damaging than cross. cross scored alot in garbage time last weekend when the game was over...cooney has that potential every match to be a game-breaker

Why do people keep saying that? The game was over half way through the second quarter...does that mean everything after that is garbage time? Admittedly, Cross did get 3 goals in the final 10 minutes, but they were well deserved...far from cheap!

Finding it rather hard to chosse a captain this week, I don't have Cox nor do i have Cornes. Just been looking at the averages on FanFooty, Cross and Pavlich dont have good averages against St.Kilda or Westcoast, Might go for a Murphy or Goodes, but not to sure...

do you know who's been getting tagged from the dogs midfield the first two rounds? can't really say myself cos i haven't seen any of their games

I don't think Cooney's had much attention in the first two rounds, while there were a couple of Crows that ran with Cross at different times in round one.

If I was Lyon I'd put Fisher on Cooney, because Cooney > Cross.

Who knows what's going to happen. The speculation alone is the reason I'm now probably going to go with Chad.

Because its a fairly simple choice I reckon.

So far this guy has asked which of his backs to bench, which of his forwards to bench and who to make captain without providing any of his own thoughts.

Its almost like he wants the board to manage his team.

i was outlining my candidates, i dont know what you rproblem is with me?

becuase im not as good as dream team as you?

Isnt the whole point of this board to seek advice?

although judging by your posts this is the only board you go on.

If you think im bad at dream team how bout you just ____ off and ignore me?

BW4PM's guide to captaincy - Round 3:

1. If you have a Geelong midfielder, make them captain. You've got it easy, so stop whingeing. Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Ling, Chapman, Stevie J - heck, even Milburn, Stokes and Selwood could be considered. Take your pick.
2. Nick Riewoldt. Averages 92 against the Dogs in his last three games and has kicked bags of 3,4 and 5 in those games respectively. Also, loves playing at the Dome. If you don't have a Geelong midfielder then Roo is your next best option
3. Daniel Cross. Averages 102 in his last three games against the Saints (including 60 last season in his first game back from injury), and unlikely to be tagged ahead of Cooney. Is in great form with 139 last week.
4. Chad Cornes. Averages 109 in his last three showdowns. But will his scores suffer if he plays on Goodwin?
5. Joel Bowden. Has scored 366 points in his last 4 against the Pies, with 31 dispoals/114 points in their last meeting.

My smokey picks: Priddis, Stanton and Young. All to crack the ton this week. Sorry, you get no elaboration for me - hence their titled 'smokey's :D

In the unlikely event that you have none of the above players, or don't trust my numbers then you have two options:
a) Go with your gut instinct - even if it's telling you to pick Fevola. That way you can make the decision for yourself, and feel all happy when Fev kicks 8 goals and scores 140.. although you can't blame anyone else if he does a hammy and scores 2.
b) Go with your highest priced player. I mean, you picked them for a reason right? Why not show some faith! There's no point having them in your team if you don't think they're gonna perform, so if all else fails, choose your highest valued player.

Over and out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would appreciate peoples thoughts on either SWAN or PRIDDIS for captain.

Having a real time tough deciding between the two. It's a conflict of interest going for Swan, but I can't help but remember how much he towelled us (Richmond) up in our first matchup last year.

Then there is Priddis. Thinking that if it is wet over there in the West, he may benefit from the conditions and have one of those games where he could rack up anywhere between 7 -10 tackles. And with Cox going up against Sandy in the ruck, could make the clearances very interesting.

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcomed?

So far this guy has asked which of his backs to bench, which of his forwards to bench and who to make captain without providing any of his own thoughts.

ohh because picking cox has seems pretty stupid:rolleyes:

just keep your opinion's to yourself n00b or stop picking on people because you think you know it all.

Oh okay, I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I thought it was like, 'Ablett?!... Pfft, hope you're not above me!', as if to imply Ablett was a bad choice

Anyways, carry on!

far out I dont know why but I've been hit with a no chornes captain vibe. I just have some weird feeling he will pick up Goodwin and its will lower his scores....maybe it's just because i like watching my captain play on Friday night footy. Actually maybe I do go Chornes....anyone got a 3 sided coin.....Chornes, Cross, Bowden

far out I dont know why but I've been hit with a no chornes captain vibe. I just have some weird feeling he will pick up Goodwin and its will lower his scores....maybe it's just because i like watching my captain play on Friday night footy. Actually maybe I do go Chornes....anyone got a 3 sided coin.....Chornes, Cross, Bowden

kane cornes is ports tagger. He will get goodwin.

don't choose chad cornes captain, i had a dream he scores 42

and nick stevens scored 95 while all the other players in the match are still on 50s

you heard it here first

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back