Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

my options as they stand:

Bowden (needs a massive score to install confidence for captain selection)
H.Shaw (had a consistent start)
B.Harvey (playing at the Dome, but had a slowish start)
Scotland (poor start, but averages over 100 against Essendon)
Lappin (against Sydney, i'll pass)
Cox (might be wet and against Sandilands/ Gilmore, so won't score as good, but will still be ok)
BJ (poor week last week, should bounce back)
Pav (against Glass might be a risk)
J.Brown (against the Swans, but at the Gabba, a decent option)

Cross might come in this week though

My 4 that I have rounded it down to are -- BJ, Bowden, The chad and Cross

The chad had a shocker last week and will want to beat the crows real bad....bowden might rack up a heap of garbage time touches (i have a feeling), BJ didnt have a great week last week so may bounce back well this week but will probably get hudgheton (no idea of spelling) and cross is mr consistency however may get fishers tag (which isnt such a bad thing ;)

EXACTLY. Corey will dominate the demons. with ablett and bartel taking their oonly 2 taggers, corey will be laughing. he looked great against the demons, which cat didnt?

Agree x 2.
Joel Corey has the best role in footy. Super footballer and gets the 3rd best run with player each week.

Will absolutely rack them up

EXACTLY. Corey will dominate the demons. with ablett and bartel taking their oonly 2 taggers, corey will be laughing. he looked great against the demons, which cat didnt?

Interesting to note that Corey's career average against the demons (65.1) is down 17 points on his career average and is lower than his career average against any other side including Sydney (77.1) - from FF.

I will be going Bartel who almost averages 96 (+8) and scored a whopping 151 points in their only meeting last year.

Just think Bartel could easily get his breakeven of 132 this week - even with that first up 70 he won't drop in price. Those DT'ers that didn't pick him up might be waiting all year for his price to drop!

Hey what do people think about Milburn, hes my only Geelong player so what do u guys think
Other options are Shaw, Goodes, Dal Santo, Llyod, Murphy

Assessing my options I think:

Cox - too risky versus Sandilands
Cross - got a lot of garbage pts against Melb..won't get this week
J Brown - Likely will be double & triple teamed by Sydney
H Shaw - Good option vs Richmond but for some reason has bad record against this team
L Hayes - been a bit too inconsistent this year
The Chad - will be fired up against Adelaide.....Go the Chad for Captain.

Assessing my options I think:

Cox - too risky versus Sandilands
Cross - got a lot of garbage pts against Melb..won't get this week
J Brown - Likely will be double & triple teamed by Sydney
H Shaw - Good option vs Richmond but for some reason has bad record against this team
L Hayes - been a bit too inconsistent this year
The Chad - will be fired up against Adelaide.....Go the Chad for Captain.

You cant be serious....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People gotta lay off cox. Sure he wont get 150 cuz of hitouts but i take it you didnt watch the adelaide game. Was amazing. first time id ever seen all the midfielders continually passing it to a ruckmen to kick it/make the play. gilmore tagging could be bad i dont know anything about this but yeah he should still get above 100.

no way cross will get under 90 unless we tag him which i cannot see happening unless we take too much notice of last weeks game. he will get lots of marks against us.

geelong player is what you should do though if you have one. Pretty much every single midfielder got over 100 last week so no reason why it aint gonna happen again.

reiwoldt will get 120 this week for sure.

+ always keep notice of weather forecasts.

He scored 53 in the final quarter, most towards the end. He also kicked 3 goals...something that wont happen again for the rest of his career.

Yes you are correct. However Fitz put it in a way that Cross gets cheap possesions, when he probably is the complete opposite. He is always in and hard at the ball and almost all his possesions are contested.

It was "lucky" for him to get the 3 goals, as he was in the right place at the right time, but i wouldn't even dare calling them garbage possesions.

def the chad he always comes through in the showdown...if cross decided to kick it abit more than handball everytime he would skipper everyweek

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back