Round 3. Carlton V Essendon Saturday 11th April 7:10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate carlton should of won, but Essendon played nowhere near played to the best of there ability are you kidding yourself? Consider our injuries? Far out
Mind you we got the best out of our players tonight if thats what you mean...

With the team you had on the field tonight, you played to the best of your ability whereas the Blues did not and you still only won by 4 points in a very close match. I'm not taking away from your win because the Bombers played hard and deserved it but all Blues supporters shouldn't be too dejected. Our young team hit a bump today but it's not the end of the world. We'll learn from it.

Well done Bombers - they just wanted it more. The positive we can take away is that the Bombers played to the best of their ability and only beat us by 4 points. We played like shite and we're still in the game until the end. We still lost the 4 points but we'll learn from this game.
Absolutely spot on.

McVeigh, Welsh, Prismall, McPhee, Reimers, Lonergan won't improve our team at all once they return. Tonight, with our group of 18 year olds, was as good as Essendon will be this year.

Also, I hate Lloyd and Essendon with a passion but hearing him on MMM. He is no doubt, a champion of the game.
:thumbsu:

Carltons midfield is clearly better than Essendons, with two exceptions, David Hille and leg speed. If David Hille fires and gives Watson first use of the ball at stoppages, Essendon win. Assuming Judd and Murphy line up in the center with either Stevens, Grigg, Hadley or Gibbs as the 3rd, I just don't see any of them paying enough attention to Watson and Lovett, these two generally carve teams up who don't pay any respect to them.

I think I called it, in the end our leg speed and Lovetts last half won it for us.

Looking forward to when we have a full team.

Just finished over here in the west. Great game of footy. Stoked Essendon got up for the win. Few Carlton egos have been burst.

Lloyd gets a bagging in the media and plays a blinder. Same as last year against the eagles. That time though he gets moved up the ground and its a masterstroke. This time he gets moved back to goals and does it all - great marks and a bag of goals.

Judd plays his best game in blue colours and they still lose. Hows them shoulders going to be come the end of the year?

Mate carlton should of won, but Essendon played nowhere near played to the best of there ability are you kidding yourself? Consider our injuries? Far out
Mind you we got the best out of our players tonight if thats what you mean...

Please, can yoiu kids spend a bit more time in school & less time on the internet?

With the team you had on the field tonight, you played to the best of your ability whereas the Blues did not and you still only won by 4 points in a very close match. I'm not taking away from your win because the Bombers played hard and deserved it but all Blues supporters shouldn't be too dejected. Our young team hit a bump today but it's not the end of the world. We'll learn from it.

But it showed you guys are still a bottom 8 side. You've got one of the easiest draws of all time though, so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3. Carlton V Essendon Saturday 11th April 7:10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back