Preview Round 3 - Carlton v Essendope MCG 18 April 2014 @ 1.45pm - Changes post #729

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's fairly reasonable, leaving Hooker to take Hendo.
Having said that, instructing Hooker to run off Cas at evry opportunity and create play could be a huge driving force.

I think Hendo needs to go down back, it seems that's where he plays his best football & then either drop Rowe or Jones (depending on match ups) & bring Watson in to play forward.

I think Hendo needs to go down back, it seems that's where he plays his best football & then either drop Rowe or Jones (depending on match ups) & bring Watson in to play forward.

Back to basics please....Walks to forward line, this will force Carlisle to go down back. Seeing another specky would make my day.

Watson had 5 touches on the weekend playing against 17 year olds, if he gets picked then players getting picked on form is an absolute myth.

Yep agreed, but at this stage with Jones & Rowe both struggling, I don't see how he could be any worse.....especially considering the day out he had last year against Essendon playing forward.

This could be our line in the sand game, unfortunately most of our blokes would start making sand castles.

Yes. And getting sand out of your hair can be difficult.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn losing Frawley, Gibson, Mitchell and Shiels helped Essendon a fair bit I imagine though?

Yeah it did.

And losing Fletcher, Winderlich, Myers, Hocking helped the Hawks.

Luckily enough I haven't seen many Hawks fans trying to play that up as an excuse.

Yeah it did.

And losing Fletcher, Winderlich, Myers, Hocking helped the Hawks.

Luckily enough I haven't seen many Hawks fans trying to play that up as an excuse.

Although I hate you blokes with a passion I would agree. Cant stand excuses.

they dont compare to the hawks collective so your response is weak...

Well Frawley isn't much chop, but aside from that yes, Mitchell, Shiels and Gibson are big losses. Hawthorn are a poorer side without them.

My response is just fine, because its perfectly valid. Hawks were missing ~4 best 22 players, as were Essendon.

They don't need to play up any excuses. Everyone knows most of Essendon's team shouldn't be on the field

You mean everyone except those that actually matter?

Such as the tribunal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back