Round 3: Collingwood Vs St Kilda MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just rubbish. Our starting forward line was three 18 year olds with 4 games between them plus a 19 year playing his 4th game. Bruce provided the experience with his 5 games up forward.
That explains the forward line, but it was your midfield that was humiliated.

Be upset if we lose to either of those sides
You must have been pretty upset many times when you play Collingwood. Very few wins against in the last decade

The ruck is more than just the raw hitout tally, mate. Grundy had one less hitout than Sam Jacobs last week, for example, but clearly got towelled up, with Jacobs arguably BOG.

To anyone with a unbiased view will say the contest was even.

So on that assumption your kids are gonna be great and our kids might as well turn to another sport? Do you really think it would have been as easy had we had the big power forward and you had a bunch of kids in your forward line? And if you had the inexperienced players and we had Swan and Pendlebury?
Yep very happy with the progression of our kids, and the best ones haven't even played yet.

Point being Collingwood was full of inexperienced players.

that game had all the hall marks of stinking sides battling it out, Saints are just woeful, to let Swanny just run around with no one within cooee all day is really poor. On the upside, McCartin has something I know he didnt do much but I reckon he will be a star, moves really well. Oxley and Broomhead Bring plenty.

Newsflash: Team with a bunch of young players (Membrey, Bruce, McCartin, Longer, Lonie, Sinclair, Wright, Billings, Dunstan, Shenton all on the low side of 22 I believe? With Geary, Newnes, Weller, Savage, Roberton 23-24? That's 15 players right there) doesn't play well for a full game.

Duds the lot of them I tell you, duds! That Padrick McCardin didn't kick 5.4!

Watch closely, that's Carlton's future.

Yep very happy with the progression of our kids, and the best ones haven't even played yet.

The important ones played though. Our best two mature players missed while Swan Pendlbury and Cloke played. Massive difference.

And our team was full of experienced veterans was it? I missed seeing Montagna and Riewoldt out there tonight I guess. No team can guarantee their youngsters are gonna be good, putting the smack down on us is nothing, when you play real teams you may just get the favour returned just like Adelaide carved you up last week. Big call saying your youngsters are better then the 18th best team in the league, I'm so impressed. Not sure you will do much better against teams like Hawthorn this year then we will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy dominated the ruck did he????

Yes, and quite thoroughly at that.

Longer may have just had more hitouts (32 to 30) but Grundy had 23 possessions for a ruckman, consistently applied 2nd efforts, and was a presence around the ground. He was one of the best players on the day, and will be unlucky if doesn't pick up a brownlow vote or two for his effort.

His side got thrashed after quarter time. Very hard for a ruckman to get the ball once his team loses posseio.

Grundy seemed to do ok earning his own footy - led all players on the ground (along with Dane Swan) with 7 clearances - and generally asserting his presence around the contest.

Again, there's more than just the raw stats like hitouts or disposals numbers to playing in the ruck.

tumblr_niwuwwkLXR1qd2kxpo3_250.gif

Jake da bessssssssss

And our team was full of experienced veterans was it? I missed seeing Montagna and Riewoldt out there tonight I guess. No team can guarantee their youngsters are gonna be good, putting the smack down on us is nothing, when you play real teams you may just get the favour returned just like Adelaide carved you up last week. Big call saying your youngsters are better then the 18th best team in the league, I'm so impressed. Not sure you will do much better against teams like Hawthorn this year then we will.
Saints had same number of blokes who had played 150+ games as Collingwood out there tonight.

Our kids will keep winning games of football

Yes, and quite thoroughly at that.

Longer may have just had more hitouts (32 to 30) but Grundy had 23 possessions for a ruckman, consistently applied 2nd efforts, and was a presence around the ground. He was one of the best players on the day, and will be unlucky if doesn't pick up a brownlow vote or two for his effort.

Yeah of course he did. It was a great contest to suggest either dominated the other is just taking the piss.

Saints had same number of blokes who had played 150+ games as Collingwood out there tonight.

Yep all your kids work, nothing to do with people like Swan at all right?
Pretty easy to look good against garbage don't ya think?

Congratulations, you belted the worst team in the league, I am certainly sure Hawthorn are shaking in their boots after tonights performance :rolleyes:

Again making the stats work in your favour. Swap Roo for Sneider and maybe it's fair.

Again making the stats work in your favour. Swap Roo for Sneider and maybe it's fair.

Don't worry about that guy, takes a special type of person to big note your team when you just beat the worst team in the comp. Says more about their team then ours that he has to hang his hat on beating up on the little teams knowing full well when it comes to the best teams they are gonna get the exact same in return, or worse, and then we will see how good their "super kids" look then. ;)

Yep all your kids work, nothing to do with people like Swan at all right?
Pretty easy to look good against garbage don't ya think?

Congratulations, you belted the worst team in the league, I am certainly sure Hawthorn are shaking in their boots after tonights performance :rolleyes:
Tonight the kids all had a dip, it was actually the more experienced guys like Brown, Toovey, White and Goldsack who were ineffectual.

When a team of kids belt a team and have 77 inside 50s and 35 scoring shots you may get excited too.

Tonight the kids all had a dip, it was actually the more experienced guys like Brown, Toovey, White and Goldsack who were ineffectual.

When a team of kids belt a team and have 77 inside 50s and 35 scoring shots you may get excited too.

I'd get excited if we got 13 frees to one in a quarter.

Go do it against a real team, show us how good your super brilliant kids are against Sydney or Hawthorn.

The most experienced guys? Correct me if I am wrong but Swan has played the most games at your club on your list tonight yes? Wouldn't that make him one of the "more experienced guys"? Or are you still gonna contend it was all your young players?

So disappointing after last week, I know GC are bad at the moment but our pressure was gone from last week and some of our kicks we're worst I've ever seen. Still think our kids give us a lot to look forward to.

Wasn't the umps fault we lost but their inconsistency is woeful, a lot of Collingwoods were deserved but there weren't the same ones given our way for a lot of the night. almost had a heart attack when jack steven got done for having his head kicked in after a 100 metre sprint.

Can't win em all though and I would've taken 1-2 at the start of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Collingwood Vs St Kilda MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back