Round 3: Collingwood Vs St Kilda MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Might just be easily spooked, but was a bit worried coming into tonight. Really happy with a pretty even team performance.

For the Saints young McCartin did grass a couple and make some blues, but he got to where the ball was and he wasn't Robinson Crusoe in terms of dropping marks on a wet night.

Membrey was impressive, did it come down to a choice between him and Goodes for the Swans or was he always looking to leave?

Fingers crossed young Lonie pulls up OK, looked bad at first, the way he could come back on at all was encouraging.

Gotta love Saints supporters, no matter how awful their team is it's still the umpires' fault, you'd think by now they'd be resigned to the fact that their team just sucks and that's rarely going to change.
And all you other supporters aren't much better, your blind hate towards us actually makes you believe every negative thing you say about us is fact, really quite sad
No St Kilda supporters are saying that we would have won tonight if it wasn't for the umpires, but some of the decisions were still mind boggling. The 13-1 run of frees in the second quarter certainly didn't help the outcome of the game.

Also, can someone explain to me why there was so much hype around Nathan Wright a couple of years ago, with people saying he was "Judd-esque", etc.? Always looked fairly average to me, and looks like a real scrubber of a player now. I know he's still pretty young, but there's nothing particularly special about him IMO.

Can you link me to these Judd comparisons please? I do not believe they could've happened.

Harsh judging him off less than a quarter. Thought he was ok and was good last week with the same time constraints.

Interesting thread I didn't realise we played a fully fit squad I am sure we had few missing

Greenwood
Sidebottom
Reid
Adams
Witts
Young

Let's not forget we have 5 first round picks either injured or just starting VFL

We didn't beat much but don't make out Saints had a much younger list

Riewoldt
Joey
Hickey
Ray
Ross
Webster

All unaivalable. I don't know where Collingwood supporters are getting the they were younger from given our starting forward line had something like 3 first year players and Membury in his 3rd game Billings in his 17th.

Riewoldt
Joey
Hickey
Ray
Ross
Webster

All unaivalable..

Didn't Hickey get omitted a couple of weeks ago.

Either way the quality missing from the Pies is better than that missing from St Kilda.

Such a shame that some people can't just cop the loss on the chin and admit they clearly lost to a better football side

Didn't Hickey get omitted a couple of weeks ago.

Either way the quality missing from the Pies is better than that missing from St Kilda.

Such a shame that some people can't just cop the loss on the chin and admit they clearly lost to a better football side

Hickey is coming back from injury the same as Reid. I doubt any of the Collingwood outs have the same impact as Riewoldt odd to suggest otherwise.

People are simply responding to Collingwood supporters claiming there kids were the difference .

So did your young "up and coming superstars" look great against Adelaide too? Like I said, easy to look good against garbage, not so easy when the other team can hit back. At the end of the year we will get a top 3 draft pick at the rate we are going, you will likely finish 10th or 11th and get the shaft so beat on us all you like. Go and see how your "future legends" go against Hawthorn and Sydney and while you are at it throw "the best of them all" Darcy Moore on their forwards and watch him get minced. 20 years between flags yet you are suddenly all hopeful, on the strength of beating us, that your next flag is suddenly around the corner. Good one :rolleyes:
Gotta pull you up Nathan

Lay off calling your own team garbage. You have some good young talent and are developing something. Real disrespectful to call your own team garbage repeatedly to point score on BF.

Garbage is a disparaging term meant to offend. Don't do that to your own players. They are out there having a dip.

Very disappointing from the saints. Collingwood were ripe for the picking.

Can't believe longer let grundy dominate him so badly

Lol yes of course. The Longer v Grundy battle was a great contest to suggest either dominated is clear trolling.

Following on from my previous comment, we always hear about how modern ruckmen need to do more than just tap the ball.

Grundy was a good example last night

Following on from my previous comment, we always hear about how modern ruckmen need to do more than just tap the ball.

Grundy was a good example last night

Longer took more marks than Minson averaged per game in his AA year. Great game by both rucks.

Hickey is coming back from injury the same as Reid. I doubt any of the Collingwood outs have the same impact as Riewoldt odd to suggest otherwise.

People are simply responding to Collingwood supporters claiming there kids were the difference .

Of all the players missing yes Riewoldt would be more important to St Kildas current side than our outs to our current side.
But on quality you can't tell me that the players you listed are greater than the Collingwood outs as a whole.

Plain and simple fact is St Kilda were dominated last night, by a side many tip to finish in the lower parts of the ladder.

St Kilda do have some young quality players as do Collingwood but I don't want to get into a debate over who has better kids etc as we could be going for a while.

The superior side won last night.

Must sting you that you haven't beaten us for about 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thread I didn't realise we played a fully fit squad I am sure we had few missing

Greenwood
Sidebottom
Reid
Adams
Witts
Young

Let's not forget we have 5 first round picks either injured or just starting VFL

We didn't beat much but don't make out Saints had a much younger list
adams ? Your taking the piss mate

Of all the players missing yes Riewoldt would be more important to St Kildas current side than our outs to our current side.
But on quality you can't tell me that the players you listed are greater than the Collingwood outs as a whole.

Plain and simple fact is St Kilda were dominated last night, by a side many tip to finish in the lower parts of the ladder.

St Kilda do have some young quality players as do Collingwood but I don't want to get into a debate over who has better kids etc as we could be going for a while.

The superior side won last night.

Must sting you that you haven't beaten us for about 5 years.

The massive difference is Riewoldt is our leader and our structure is based around him at CHF. He makes our forward line function and lifts the team. No comparison can be made to any Collingwood outs.

Can you link me to these Judd comparisons please? I do not believe they could've happened.

Harsh judging him off less than a quarter. Thought he was ok and was good last week with the same time constraints.

I'm judging his whole career so far, of which his gametime last night was a reasonably accurate reflection in terms of his impact and ability, from what I've seen of him.

I can't find the specific post, but I distinctly remember a poster here describing him as "Judd-esque" in 2013, after he took a running bounce and had one of his few kicks (that may or may not have hit a target). I think I disputed it at the time, and got shot down for it too.

The massive difference is Riewoldt is our leader and our structure is based around him at CHF. He makes our forward line function and lifts the team. No comparison can be made to any Collingwood outs.

Riewoldt may individually be a bigger out, but he only hurts so much because of how much top end talent you guys have lost over the last few years, without really having the depth guys step in. We have also lost plenty of guys since 2010, but at least our depth has been adequate, if not great.

We've got 5 guys on the sidelines who would be amongst our first picked if available: Sidey, Ried, Greenwood, Taylor and Caff, plus Witts who was our better ruckman last year.
Plus Pendles was visibly hampered by his ankle last night, so he wasn't playing at 100%. (In fact, Bucks' presser basically suggested Pendles could've been only "75%" fit... stating that some guys you don't trust playing at 90%, but some guys, like Pendles, you can play at 75% and know they can adjust and handle it)

The thing is, before this game many suggested you could beat us:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/can-the-saints-beat-coll-fri-night.1093618/
And I agree it was a danger game for us... if we want to stay around the 8-12 range, then this is the type of game we should be winning comfortably - and we did just that.
You can't turn around and start making excuses for your loss.

Last edited:
Riewoldt
Joey
Hickey
Ray
Ross
Webster

All unaivalable. I don't know where Collingwood supporters are getting the they were younger from given our starting forward line had something like 3 first year players and Membury in his 3rd game Billings in his 17th.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...says-latest-data/story-fni5f22o-1227149047364
that is as of december last year, which is a very accurate representation of the age profile of your list. As you can see from it,collingwood and st kilda have one of the youngest lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Collingwood Vs St Kilda MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back