Autopsy Round 3: JOM Exotic and the tame Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave the 3 votes to I.Omith
2 votes C.Wingard
1 vote J. O'Meara

Votes 1 and 2 are very interchangeable though. Great game from the lads. I was expecting them to come out firing after last week and they didn't disappoint.

I think people need to give Patton a little longer. It's his 3rd game for the club and only 2nd consecutive game. I remeber how shit some of our other trades have been early on, so once he gets some proper understanding on how we play, i think he'll be very good for us.

Scrimshaw was great. I'm sure i'm not alone in feeling weird watching him run around in number 14. It's like they cloned Birch. His running gait is so similar, it's uncanny.

Great win by the boys. The intensity needed to win big games has been instilled in them again, so now they know where the effort line is, i can see us hitting it more often throughout the season.

The guy doesn't stop running and has good quick reflexes in close but his disposal isn't damaging and he's not that fast.

Guys playing his role need to break the lines and be able to have a long penetrating kick. He is also soft in the contests a lot especially when tackling.

He's not bad but I feel like hes pretty average at the position he plays.

Just remember it's game 2 of the season re-start. Players are still looking rusty, missing targets, etc.

He creates space for other players, by providing energiser bunny running
What a response.
The Clarko responses are astonishing! The club was stung.
You saw the future captain tonight. JOM has risen.
Cegs BOG. Flipped Soldo over.
BB outstanding.
Scrim a revelation.
Dimma back to his best.

I just want Lewis back in. TOB worries me.

Doesn't Dimma make a difference. Such a quality player. Rarely gets beaten.

Also I want to pump some man love in here for Frost.

At the end of the day, all I want as a hardcore fan is for a player to care as much about Hawthorn as I do.

In Frost I don't see someone anywhere near Hawthorn's best player.

But in Frost I see someone that cares about the Hawthorn Football Club as much as I do in the way he plays, and ****.

That's pretty bloody hard not to love.

Also I want to pump some man love in here for Frost.

At the end of the day, all I want as a hardcore fan is for a player to care as much about Hawthorn as I do.

In Frost I don't see someone anywhere near Hawthorn's best player.

But in Frost I see someone that cares about the Hawthorn Football Club as much as I do in the way he plays, and fu**.

That's pretty bloody hard not to love.
Very very happy with the Frost pick up

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Amazing how everything looks so much better when the midfield is competitive , putting pressure and heat on .

Props to JOM thought he set the standard for the whole side in the first few minutes . And everyone followed.

Last 1/4 was disappointing but I really think we were just knackered after the effort in the first 3/4s.
We will run games out better in a few weeks so I'm not worried at this stage.

Now we need to back this up next week
Mate if we can snag a win against North and be 3-1 going into the GWS game then that could set our season up nicely. Then again if we win next week then you just know the AFL will send us to the WA hub. Either that or make us play some game’s at GHMBA.

Agreed. I would've thought we'd try isolate him 1v1 in the goal-square so he could outbody his opponent but at the moment we're just bombing it to his head in a pack. He was a lot more aggressive tonight and threw his body around a bit more but didn't really look like a scoring threat. It's a good thing he makes the most of his chances. That being said it's extremely difficult after coming to a new club and trying to learn the structures, after a year out of the game, then missing three months. Very few Hawthorn recruits have started at 100% from the beginning. While it's frustrating for our supporters, especially because we're leaving a promising young gun in Lewis out of the side, Patton just needs time. When fit, confident and moving he's a weapon.
Patton copped a huge whack on the schnozz too which would’ve hurt. I actually think he’s missed closer to 2 years of footy and after the injuries he’s had his confidence in his body will take time. Impey will go through this to as is Mitchell is right now. With Patton and his form I’m not too worried as long as he brings that ball to ground up there to the feet of guys like Breust and Wingard. I’d rather an even spread than Patton kicking 6-7 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I had the wording in my last text changed a bit, sorry about that big brother - wasn’t aware you couldn’t say that. Premiershipmond wasnt exactly what I said, had something more appropriate after their less than flattering performance.

Gee Stratton was awful. 3 direct turnovers in the first quarter.

Hanrahan needs to make better decisions with the ball. He's not a good enough kick to be trying the stuff that he tries.

TOB is frustrating as always, but the Tigers just couldn't intercept and TOB was largely the reason why.

Hanrahan needs to make better decisions with the ball. He's not a good enough kick to be trying the stuff that he tries.

TOB is frustrating as always, but the Tigers just couldn't intercept and TOB was largely the reason why.
I’d suggest Ollie has been told to pull the trigger and will continue to do so.

Gonna man up and say I got this wrong, thought going that tall the tigers would kills us, I mean who are we to question Clarko

overall loved the midfield and backline. JOM is a true captain and standard setter love him so much as Mitchell and Worpdl played so much better with him.

I love Ollie”s ability to take the game on but he needs to take a deep breathe before doing it. He offers more than Nash or Poppy to me but rather see Impey in his spot or Harry Jones who will be a player.

only gripe is how frustrating is O Brien the guy jumps for a mark way to early and misjudged it or because he jumps so early doesn’t body out the defender. It’s one thing in a contest but when it happens uncontested and drops the mark man is it annoying. Dunno why he plays rather than Lewis. He should only play is Big Boy is the sole ruckman as he is pretty quick and can play as a back man but if Cegs is playing, Lewis should be ahead of him.

I cannot wait to see Impey in this team think if he replaces Ollie long term, Lewis for TOB and maybe Jiath for Stratton we could have a fast and exciting group.

Replace O’Brien with Lewis, and Impey for Hanrahan and we are set!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3: JOM Exotic and the tame Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back