Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

the rookie backmen are letting me down my rookies in all other positions are killing it. Im gonna look at downgrading N thompson to Hill and upgrading a rookie backmen at about the 250K range who will play 22 games.

I dont like doing it but not much to choose from for backmen rookies and cant afford to carry 3 of them at the moment (proud, pfeiffer and hansen).

My rookie backmen are also worring.
S Thompson (Out of the team for now...)
N Brown (Is playing as a full back...)
Edwards (Didn't score very well).

Out Fev in Hill
Gives me a spare 250k
Thinking about Out Boak in a gun mid like joel Corey for example, good or bad idea?

Kosi out Didak in
Waite out Osborne in
Waite to Osbourne I like because it looks as if Waite probably won't be getting the chances up forward that he did last year, but the other trade seems kinda wasteful. Yeah, Kosi had a shocker (he's in my SC team, did even worse in that :(), but at 320k, he is a keeper. Didak was infuriating me with those FAs on Friday night (and he only gave away 3 :p).

What do people think of bret thornton from the blues can he continue his form or will he be just like jarred brennan was last year

Surprised by the little thought around Brett Thornton, i thought himself and Hill would be the 2 big trade ins this week. Any reason not too get Thornton? he looks to be the rebound man for Carlton this year...

Also just wanted to point out why its never a good idea to trade anyone round 1 (with the exception of injuries)
Trades out:
Hall: 106
Dyson: 96
Stanton: 113
Cross: 139 (porpz is hot... nice trade)
Symes: 72 (decent)

Trades In:
Houli: 56
Brett Jones: 71
Kennelly: 28
Nicoski: 27
Dew: 57 and injured

Just a couple of examples.

Im interested in osbourne and thornton from the scores the last 2 weeks

i know nothing about them but

will they play all 22 and score consistently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ I think Thornton should be able to keep his good numbers going, looks like he'll be the go-to man out of defence. I won't be picking him up personally, as there is no one I really wanna trade out (despite Chaplin's rubbish tagging Goodes this arvo :mad:), but I certainly won't rubbish anyone who goes for him.

It's not as though [Hill] pulled two good games out of the blue - had a great NAB cup as well. Even if he scores 50s the next two weeks his price will rise substantially.
I think that spending a trade to get him and then spending another to get rid of him after he's made the money is a little excessive though. If both your emergencies are playing, the I think he's not worth the effort. At the moment I have Hansen struggling to get a kick, and Tippett, who's injuries I'm not sure of, but unless neither one gets named I won't even consider that trade next week.

Im interested in osbourne and thornton from the scores the last 2 weeks

i know nothing about them but

will they play all 22 and score consistently
I am also interested in geting both of them, i think bret thornton will play most games for the blues but idk about osborne.

LOL at everyone getting Hill....

its not really hill im chasing after its the shabby backline rookies who are letting me down. The centres and forwards of the same price are magnificent this year so the lack of rookie backs may force my hand this week.

I need to upgrade one to a consistant performer otherwise im gonna cop zeros every now and then. To do this i need money so i need to downgrade a player to a rookie, Hill looks the goods ive seen both his games and he looked like a 22 game player which is all i need.

What do people think of bret thornton from the blues can he continue his form or will he be just like jarred brennan was last year

Indeed, my tip to be Jared Brennan Mk II.

Surprised by the little thought around Brett Thornton, i thought himself and Hill would be the 2 big trade ins this week. Any reason not too get Thornton? he looks to be the rebound man for Carlton this year...

Also just wanted to point out why its never a good idea to trade anyone round 1 (with the exception of injuries)
Trades out:
Hall: 106
Dyson: 96
Stanton: 113
Cross: 139 (porpz is hot... nice trade)
Symes: 72 (decent)

Trades In:
Houli: 56
Brett Jones: 71
Kennelly: 28
Nicoski: 27
Kenelly: 28

Just a couple of examples.

Good post. All newbies should bookmark it for future reference.

I think that spending a trade to get him and then spending another to get rid of him after he's made the money is a little excessive though. If both your emergencies are playing, the I think he's not worth the effort. At the moment I have Hansen struggling to get a kick, and Tippett, who's injuries I'm not sure of, but unless neither one gets named I won't even consider that trade next week.
Fair point. I've got an injured LeCras sitting on my bench, so that makes it a little different for me though.

I'm thinking of giving N. Jones the chop but dont really want to, although i cant see him scoring that well until Melb win a game so i could free up some cash and tarde either Edwards or Proud to a decent backman

Thoughts?

I have Hill as a trade target. My forwards are generally fine (Pavlich Johnson Hall Deledio Porplyzia, Rioli as EMG) and it's either my sixth man Bradshaw or EMG Tippett who'll go. Leaning on Bradshaw atm since Tippett should rise further and I believe Hill can basically occupy the starting spot that Braddy has and get me more cash at a cheaper base with similar/better output.

Your thoughts?

Two I'm thinking of but aren't sure of yet are Symes -> Thornton and Judd -> Jobe Watson. Thornton for obvious reasons, I haven't seen a Carlton game yet but from what I've heard he's their new rebounder and Judd seems to still be injured and, although he had a shit week this week, Jobe Watson averaged 84 last year with an average of just 80 minutes game time according to Prospectus, and hopefully a new coach will equal more game time and more points. Another one I want more info on, I'll check his TOG in the paper tomorrow.

Two I'm thinking of but aren't sure of yet are Symes -> Thornton and Judd -> Jobe Watson. Thornton for obvious reasons, I haven't seen a Carlton game yet but from what I've heard he's their new rebounder and Judd seems to still be injured and, although he had a shit week this week, Jobe Watson averaged 84 last year with an average of just 80 minutes game time according to Prospectus, and hopefully a new coach will equal more game time and more points. Another one I want more info on, I'll check his TOG in the paper tomorrow.
Now that you've bought Judd, there is no way you should get rid of him. He'll be down on what you'd expect from a player of his calibre for a while still, but he'll still get decent numbers, and once he's fully fit will explode. Watson was tagged today by Ling and struggled like anything (scored three points in the first quarter).

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back