Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Also hill

Will thornton, hill and osbourne play all 22?

Don't know enough about Thornton to comment. Hill great cash cow at worst, if not a great starter at his price.

Osbourne hasn't convinced me. He only played round 1 (when Hawks were short) as a late replacement. I wouldn't think he'd be a certain starter and you need that at his price.

Surprised by the little thought around Brett Thornton, i thought himself and Hill would be the 2 big trade ins this week. Any reason not too get Thornton? he looks to be the rebound man for Carlton this year...

Also just wanted to point out why its never a good idea to trade anyone round 1 (with the exception of injuries)
Trades out:
Hall: 106
Dyson: 96
Stanton: 113
Cross: 139 (porpz is hot... nice trade)
Symes: 72 (decent)

Trades In:
Houli: 56
Brett Jones: 71
Kennelly: 28
Nicoski: 27
Dew: 57 and injured

Just a couple of examples.

Dont forget Goodes....alot of people got rid of him after round 1 and he did quite good today (86).

I'm seriously considering slotting Hill into my side, but unless Kurt Tipett has sustained an injury I can't see that happening, as my forwards are one of my stronger points in my team...

struggling with what do with Lucas...

have 20k in bank, so roughly 400k for a forward

already have Pav, Brown, Riewoldt and apart from that really only interested in getting certified keepers when trading away a bloke like this, so that to me is Chappy and BJ. both are 430+

probably will wait another week or two and hope they get closer to where i want them to be price wise, because i really dont want to use another trade

Only trade im thinking of doing at the moment is Jetta to Hill. Frees up some cash (maybe 40k?) and gives me a player that will skyrocket in price.

Only trade im thinking of doing at the moment is Jetta to Hill. Frees up some cash (maybe 40k?) and gives me a player that will skyrocket in price.

Yeh i am thinking the same....only instead of trading Jetta i will trade N.Thompson for J.Hill and gain 75,000 grand.

Then i was thinking trade Salopek and get Gary Ablett, or Simon Goodwin. Or anyone else under 430,000 grand.

thoughts?

what do u think

obviously Hill in

who should i trade out??
tippet - almost straight swap
deledio - free up 200K
S.Johnson - free up 300K

which is the best option

i havnt traded yet, and only want to make one this week

what do u think
obviously Hill in
who should i trade out??
tippet - almost straight swap
deledio - free up 200K
S.Johnson - free up 300K
which is the best option
i havnt traded yet, and only want to make one this week
not sure if Hill will play every game this year? any insight would be great,
tippet - almost straight swap - side ways trade, but might gain you some extra cash quicker.
deledio - free up 200K - Deledio did well this week; don't know why you'd want to trade him.
S.Johnson - free up 300K - downgrading a gun for a cash cow?

Surprised by the little thought around Brett Thornton, i thought himself and Hill would be the 2 big trade ins this week. Any reason not too get Thornton? he looks to be the rebound man for Carlton this year...

Also just wanted to point out why its never a good idea to trade anyone round 1 (with the exception of injuries)
Trades out:

Trades In:

This was the exact post i was about to make, gd stuff champ. :D
along with dempsey and a few others
top post:thumbsu:

Trades out:

Trades In:

Agree with what you've said, but I don't think you realised you actually contradicted yourself in this post. The first part is questioning why so few are jumping on the Thornton and Hill bandwagons (though I can assure you they will be two of the most bought players this week, if not the two), and the very next thing you said was "here is why you shouldn't jump on the latest bandwagons'. I do agree with the general sentiments though.

Trades out:

Trades In:

this week's score is pretty much what Symes would've got last week, minus the free kicks against. the guy obviously won't be giving away 6 free kicks a game, so i don't know why people considered trading him, cos he's still a ball magnet and racks them up.

Agree with what you've said, but I don't think you realised you actually contradicted yourself in this post. The first part is questioning why so few are jumping on the Thornton and Hill bandwagons (though I can assure you they will be two of the most bought players this week, if not the two), and the very next thing you said was "here is why you shouldn't jump on the latest bandwagons'. I do agree with the general sentiments though.

Haha so i did...to a degree. I stated round 1, this is round 2 :p But yeh i see where you're coming from. I was more talking about trading $300k plus players who are not injured after 1 round when they haven't had anytime to prove themselves, if you chose them you must have them there for a reason. Hill is purely a cash cow not a player to keep in your side unlike most of the trades done last week. Thornton has had a good preseason and now 2 superb first matches and i don't really see him as a 1 game bandwagon. Just my opinion, not sure if i made much sense there but yeh you get the gist of where im coming from :thumbsu:

Two I'm thinking of but aren't sure of yet are Symes -> Thornton and Judd -> Jobe Watson. Thornton for obvious reasons, I haven't seen a Carlton game yet but from what I've heard he's their new rebounder and Judd seems to still be injured and, although he had a shit week this week, Jobe Watson averaged 84 last year with an average of just 80 minutes game time according to Prospectus, and hopefully a new coach will equal more game time and more points. Another one I want more info on, I'll check his TOG in the paper tomorrow.

Screams sideways trades. Judd to Jobe may even be a downgrade as the season goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Judd and Stevens, and whilst both have got pretty crappy scores the first couple of rounds, I'm holding onto them. I've got a feeling they'll both go great against Essendon next week, and I'll be glad to have them before their price rises.

I've got Judd and Stevens, and whilst both have got pretty crappy scores the first couple of rounds, I'm holding onto them. I've got a feeling they'll both go great against Essendon next week, and I'll be glad to have them before their price rises.

Disagree with Stevens. For his price, you can't find any better.

talk about everyone jumping on the bandwagons of hill and thorton. geez, your all getting a bit over excited

thorton averaged 57 last year, even tho his role has changed, he wont be averaging anyhthing near what he's been getting.

hill has had two great games, but seriously, you wouldnt want him on your ground all year. and whats wrong with gamble.. he got 90 and is 20 grand cheaper then hill .. and pending this week (where geelong plays melbourne) im betting gamble will make more money then hill...Rioli will prob end up being the most consistant out of the lot, and will prob of made you the most $ come mid year, when your looking to 'cash in' your bench players. Also, others like lonergan will also earn a fair bit and you wont be one of the 100,000 to have got hill (and if he stuffs up, well theres a win for you)

talk about everyone jumping on the bandwagons of hill and thorton. geez, your all getting a bit over excited

thorton averaged 57 last year, even tho his role has changed, he wont be averaging anyhthing near what he's been getting.

hill has had two great games, but seriously, you wouldnt want him on your ground all year. and whats wrong with gamble.. he got 90 and is 20 grand cheaper then hill .. and pending this week (where geelong plays melbourne) im betting gamble will make more money then hill...Rioli will prob end up being the most consistant out of the lot, and will prob of made you the most $ come mid year, when your looking to 'cash in' your bench players. Also, others like lonergan will also earn a fair bit and you wont be one of the 100,000 to have got hill (and if he stuffs up, well theres a win for you)
maybe because alot of teams already have Gamble; because he seemed like a good cash cow before season proper, whereas most were still unsure or unaware of Hill's potential...and those who grab Hill, will probably just have him on the bench making money off the ground.

just a couple of quick questions that i need answered..

1. Say a player doesnt play round 1, but plays rounds - 2, 3 and 4. Am i correct in saying there score wont go up until they have players 3 games (i.e. after round 4)???

2. do players scores go progressively up? eg - a young guy worth $84,000 scores 50 every week, however, each round his price increases? or is it worked out that after 3 round of scoring 50, that will be the highest he will go?

1.a player has to play three games for them to change in price. ..

2. and if a player averages 50, then their price will consistantly rise (or drop) until it reaches around 220 000 cos i think thats around the price a 50 ave player should be... saying that tho, im not 100% sure on how it actually works

1.a player has to play three games for them to change in price. ..

2. and if a player averages 50, then their price will consistantly rise (or drop) until it reaches around 220 000 cos i think thats around the price a 50 ave player should be... saying that tho, im not 100% sure on how it actually works

thanks for the quick reply.. any ideas on how many weeks it would take to get to their average price?

true...my msg was more towards ppl who dont already have gamble and roili because they are 20 grand cheaper then hill.. thats kinda my point
i guess so, but i'm thinking 99% of people on this board would have Rioli...and from the teams i've seen about 80-90% have Gamble. I saw Hill play in the NAB and though i thought he was good, i wasn't sure if he'd be a regular, so i didn't pick him originally. his scores only show that he may very well play majority of this year; if not, would still make for a good short term cash cow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back