Autopsy Round 3 vs Geelong @ The Bank. 02/04/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think we have not got our forward line mix right yet and our backline is still missing key players.

I’m hoping for these changes:
Casboult out and Chol in - I’ll have nightmares about Chols round one game. But I just feel like Kingy and Chol are a far more dangerous duo. Dewy even said in his presser that he had his best session for the year on Thursday after being dropped.
I definitely want to see Chol back. The thing is that he is pretty consistent with getting a few goals, usually in different ways. He has his faults (such as endurance) but Casboult is way more predictable. I’d rather see King and Chol and see if they can be a dynamic threat.

I also liked Sexton’s game, and a sub might be a good role for him. His leading and marking was quite good, and he’s good for a goal at least most games, and offers some speed.

We've asked if Jeffrey could provide some forward pressure given his size.
Pretty sure he has answered that.
Most inside 50 tackles in the league.

Last year the leaders averaged 2 per game.
Jeffrey has had 9 in our first 2 games.
Got at least 1 shot on goal against Essendon because of his tackling.
Yeah, him and Rosas did well in that regard. In fact, they could have had really good games if not for woeful kicking—especially Rosas. It reinforces why I dislike Holman at the moment. It proves that people can tackle and hit the scoreboard consistently. Holman only seems to do one of those things…

I think Holman is another good sub option though.

In- Farrar, Sharp, Davies
Out- Uwland, Fiorini, Holman

B Long Collins Farrar
HB Weller Ballard Lukosious
C Hollands Anderson Sharp
HF Ainsworth King Rosas
F Sexton Casboult Jeffery
FOLL- Witts Rowell Miller
I/C- Flanders, Swallow, Constable, Davies
Sub- Macpherson

There should be no excuses this week. If we put in a crap effort this week that would be the most disrespectful way to honour our first 200 game player and loyal 12 year servant of the club. I will be disgusted if the playing group don’t come out fired up. They need to even if it’s just for Dave’s sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, if Powell and Farrar in for Uwland and Constable, and Hollands forward, I don’t have anything to complain about selection wise. Looks like a much more balanced team. Let’s see what they decide.

Someone would have to have a gun to Dewys head to make good selection calls like that

Cameron, Stewart and Stanley all named but I wouldn’t be surprised one one or two don’t play.

Bowes has been named as the starting centre, which is interesting

Ease Powell in as a sub for me. Then a full game next week.
If Dew does name Powell as a starter then it's probably an indication of desperation on his part. That or he fully intends to sub Wil out should he look like he's done at any point in the second half of the match. Either way, from what I saw in the VFL match I do believe we're better off having Powell in the team right now than we would be playing Uwland or Constable.

If Dew does name Powell as a starter then it's probably an indication of desperation on his part. That or he fully intends to sub Wil out should he look like he's done at any point in the second half of the match. Either way, from what I saw in the VFL match I do believe we're better off having Powell in the team right now than we would be playing Uwland or Constable.
I agree that there’s a bit of desperation here.

In the 5 years Dew has been coaching, I don’t think a player has every been rushed back without playing some decent VFL minutes before hand. But last week Weller and this week Powell

I agree that there’s a bit of desperation here.

In the 5 years Dew has been coaching, I don’t think a player has every been rushed back without playing some decent VFL minutes before hand. But last week Weller and this week Powell
I would say that’s incorrect. Without doing search, Luko springs in mind. He played just one VFL game after 2nd PCL and despite looking terrible (Powell looked much better last week) he played AFL next week. Even better example is Rowell going straight into AFL after long PCL layoff. I am pretty sure medical team has a main say and if they are physically ready it’s all about how much they can contribute, confidence in body, match fitness. You could see that Weller was more than ready. He was very good. Powell looked decent in VFL. If he gets tick from rehab team I guess he plays. IMO, Dew becoming desperate seems BS to me.

I would say that’s incorrect. Without doing search, Luko springs in mind. He played just one VFL game after 2nd PCL and despite looking terrible (Powell looked much better last week) he played AFL next week. Even better example is Rowell going straight into AFL after long PCL layoff. I am pretty sure medical team has a main say and if they are physically ready it’s all about how much they can contribute, confidence in body, match fitness. You could see that Weller was more than ready. He was very good. Powell looked decent in VFL. If he gets tick from rehab team I guess he plays. IMO, Dew becoming desperate seems BS to me.
Yeah fair point, I might just be on the Dewy hate train right now.

Yeah fair point, I might just be on the Dewy hate train right now.
A lot of people are. Everybody deals with losses, no finals so far differently.

Personally, I think it's too early into a season. Let's see after round 6. I am pretty sure if we have a bad season Dew is gone. But I am also happy to see how season turns out. No melts from me after 2 games especially when against Essendon we played mostly a good footy. Convert and we probably won despite some average form of some players, stupid mistakes.

It's a crazy season so far. Besides Collingwood and Swans who look fantastic (too early IMO) most teams have already had bad performances. A lot of people go crazy about North and Saints but for me they just played honest, disciplined footy against average performance teams.

IMO, our game vs Essendon was superior compared to yesterday game Lions vs Dogs. Just checked Lions thread, most people are melting, wanting to fire Fagan. Way too early, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3 vs Geelong @ The Bank. 02/04/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back