Game Day Round 4, 2024 : Collingwood v Hawthorn, 5:10pm Sunday 7th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t a bad first quarter at all, we’ve just got to improve our kicking efficiency and build on our forward entries.

+3 inside 50’s
-4 clearances
+5 contested possessions

Effort is there, polish is not.

Our forward 50 is busier than Bourke Street. With Collingwood players. Lacks any sense of order or craftsmanship. I'd say Collingwood are coasting right now and just playing for an easy kill.

If our forwards actually made leads to the pockets it will open up space.

But they don't.

They just stand there in the hotspot and hope that Chol can mark 1v5.

Forget the score line. I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I feel the f**k ups - and there's plenty - have been our own. We're not being beaten by a better team, we're beating ourselves.

Watch us smash the 2nd & be a goal in front at Half Time

I feel similar - the errors made my eyes bleed, but we having a go.

two surprising umpiring events this quarter:
1) they actually called a titch throw… albeit missed his first 3 throws
2) Ginni got a high tackle free

Sicily has lifted nice to see, every week I have more and more questions about our game plan, time and time again I see us kick the highball down the line and everyone else just standing around then when we do get the ball we’ve already lost it because we have no one moving always passing to a one on one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throwing the ball onto the boot deep in defence never works out. Players need to understand that this is the least viable option because the opposition is lined up on the perimeter. Take it out, run into an opponent for a ball up. Whatever.

Is Kicking a key KPI that we focus on now when drafting these days like it was under Clarko as it doesn’t seem as good as it once was.?

That last goal hurts, but not too bad of a first quarter all things considered.

As usual, the opposition is kicking dead straight in front of goal and we aren’t.

Delivery into our forward 50 and keeping it in there is a real weak point. I hope this is glaringly obvious to our forwards that are watching on the sidelines at the moment. Once we’re back to full strength, there’s really no excuse for the lack of leading and forward pressure.

Cam Is So bloody slow with his play. Holds it up every time and then kicks it to the oppo advantage. He does so many good things but is so risk adverse it kill’s me. Trust your instincts Cam
I have refrained from criticising him but this is so obvious

If our forwards actually made leads to the pockets it will open up space.

But they don't.

They just stand there in the hotspot and hope that Chol can mark 1v5.

Smalls are failing too. Not getting much from them on the ground. Out numbered and out muscled. Collingwood moving the ball out of defence with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back