Review Round 4 - Port vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Ouch...

It seems that the football gods are angry and still out for their pound of Lions flesh, my hope for this season has taken a battering the past few weeks but as a long time Lions supporter the one thing I know for sure is it will eventually turn around and we will start to see some glimpses of hope.

I said the other day it kinda feels like the late 90s again, and I think we have to accept that we are now in full rebuild
mode and need to play the kids (yes having more experience around them certainly helps), which means we will more than likely end up in the bottom few teams.

I will be here standing side by side with my Lions while trying to remain positive. I understand those of you who wish to stick the boot in when we are down, I know this is your way to vent your anger at the situation we find ourselves in yet again (and sometimes those of us who take the opposite point of view).

Anyway we are all in this boat together.

Extremely biased as I was against it for Melbourne but given the compromised drafts of the previous years it shouldn't be entirely discounted that some clubs may need some special assistance.

Should have taken Pick 2 for Rockliff, begged GWS to let us have Boyd, and then prepared for a 3-4 rebuild around him as a Key Forward, with the 2-3 years of low finishes filling in a few replacements.

Who am I kidding, if we lost Rockliff we'd fold the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't the end of the world. It may feel like it, but it isn't. Before too many sound the death knell, perspective is never a bad thing to have. Step back and look at how history treats these moments - a pothole on a journey. A year from now, things may look considerably better. They are unlikely to look worse. Two years from now this may be a story that gets told when we are moving up the ladder. Right now it sucks but anyone who remembers other dark days will know that they do end and things do get better.

Perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So now that this side holds the club record of consecutive quarter losses with 16 as well as equalling Fitzroy's record of 16 back in 1963.

So a historic game if nothing else.

i want to cry. not one winner today. rockliff had 1 in every 5 tackles we laid which is something. taylor will be a gun.

Google Peter Wright.

It might lift your spirits in this dark time.

Am I doing it right?

hi-res-458181313-peter-wright-of-england-nick-named-snake-bite-sports-a_crop_north.jpg

It isn't the end of the world. It may feel like it, but it isn't. Before too many sound the death knell, perspective is never a bad thing to have. Step back and look at how history treats these moments - a pothole on a journey. A year from now, things may look considerably better. They are unlikely to look worse. Two years from now this may be a story that gets told when we are moving up the ladder. Right now it sucks but anyone who remembers other dark days will know that they do end and things do get better.

So going back to 05 when we lost by 139 points, I'd have taken that view, but considering we're still waiting and let's be honest, we're even further off than ever before, I don't share your optimism.

We are farked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 4 - Port vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back