Round 4 Team (Carlton) - In: Lonergan, Hooker, Dell'Olio; Out: Riemers, Dyson, Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Changes vs Carlton

Obviously a few changes will happen but in my honest opinion I think we are a better chance of beating collingwood next week than we are of carlton this week so we should really prepare for that game! So in saying that Iwouldn't mind for this game (if dempsey is no good) seeing jetta go to a back flank & play on a garlett or betts seeing as though he had an article a few weeks back about him having a go in that position! What better week for him to do it than against another 2 small forwards in great form, if he doesn't beat them he may aswell learn something from them while there? Other than that hooker for carlisle & if the jetta swap for dempsey (if inj) happens the bring in corey dell'olio to play jetta's role?

Re: the press, I remember seeing it happen from our very first NAB Cup games in 2011.

We killed Melbourne with our press, but once or twice, they easily kicked it over our last guy, who stood in the centre square, and had a guy sprint past for an easy goal.

I remember posting about it at the time, and assuming it was simply for the NAB Cup; it really is frustrating that still here today, it's a large part of our downfall.

Hird and Bomber better be onto this against the best exponent of the (very obvious) tactic this week, or we'll see another 70 point shallacking.

Lonergan, Howlett, Watson and Hocking cannot play in the same midfield at once.

We are not winning as many clearances as we need to at the moment - I say they can. Particularly if we want to try and lock them down.

Concede and give everything to the pies off a short 5 day break.

So many injury concerns, once again. Hirdy works them too hard.

Dont play anyone this week with any injury concern that means Demspey and Pears ect.

The only thing i want in this game is for Zaka to tag Murphy. Murphys running is just about as good as ive seen. Just under the Ablett speed, the gut running of Swan and the fitness of around stanton.

Get Zaka to see what work rate really is. I dont want to see him get any cut outs, if Murphy has 20 in the first quarter with the Zaka tag, he keeps playing on him.

Couldnt care less about this game and if we lose by 15 goals.

Too many people giving this game up. The Pies have their own injury concerns and also have to play with a very short break why should we rest players for ANZAC day and get humiliated by Carlton

No rest, lets take it up to the Blues

Too many people giving this game up. The Pies have their own injury concerns and also have to play with a very short break why should we rest players for ANZAC day and get humiliated by Carlton

No rest, lets take it up to the Blues

A lot of idiotic posts in this thread

Concede the game? Prepare for the Pies game instead? Are you morons delusional?

Yes we are the underdogs this week, but we are unbeaten. We also finished 8th last year so we are not some bottom-4 also-ran. Last year we beat Geelong (19-3) and West Coast (17-5)

The club will - and should - prepare for this game and pick a team that will give us the best chance of winning the game.

This is Essendon. We don't concede. Especially to our biggest rival.

We may be outclassed this week, but we are still a chance. Play to win. Always play to win. That's our culture.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE 4 DAY REST FOR THE PIES GAME

In case some of you havn't realised, the Magpies have a 4 day rest as well. Therefore, the fact that we have a short rest is irrelevant and no disadvantage.

Play.To.Win.

A lot of idiotic posts in this thread

Concede the game? Prepare for the Pies game instead? Are you morons delusional?

Yes we are the underdogs this week, but we are unbeaten. We also finished 8th last year so we are not some bottom-4 also-ran. Last year we beat Geelong (19-3) and West Coast (17-5)

The club will - and should - prepare for this game and pick a team that will give us the best chance of winning the game.

This is Essendon. We don't concede. Especially to our biggest rival.

We may be outclassed this week, but we are still a chance. Play to win. Always play to win. That's our culture.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE 4 DAY REST FOR THE PIES GAME

In case some of you havn't realised, the Magpies have a 4 day rest as well. Therefore, the fact that we have a short rest is irrelevant and no disadvantage.

Play.To.Win.

Every sport that sees teams play more than once a week sees them rest stars at points in the season to manage the load and get the most out of the season. We play the top in form team on saturday and a team in poor form 4 days later.
If we were to rest one ruck, a couple of mids, or a key back etc, i wouldnt think the club was throwing a match. More looking to compete intuitively for 2 games in 4 days

im with dan26
we would be mad to rest players to try and have a better chance against Collingwood-you can do that sort of thing against GWS and Gold Coast (unless they almost beat you) but not against potential premiership contenders not to mention our biggest rivals...

Do we really want to be on the end of another navy blue hiding

Every sport that sees teams play more than once a week sees them rest stars at points in the season to manage the load and get the most out of the season. We play the top in form team on saturday and a team in poor form 4 days later.
If we were to rest one ruck, a couple of mids, or a key back etc, i wouldnt think the club was throwing a match. More looking to compete intuitively for 2 games in 4 days

Not against ****ing Carlton.

When did Barca last rest players against Madrid? Or the Yankees rest players against the Red Sox?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer that we throw more resources into the Collingwood game - In saying that Collingwood are also stretched on the injury front.

Bomber said on 360 that initially they had planned on 5 ot 6 changes between games but unlikely to happen now.

Wouldn't mind seeing us flood this week. If we try this press up crap we are in trouble.

Didn't work for Brisbane, Carlton just set up shop at about 70 and hit targets on the rebound. Maintain structure to give ourselves a chance and also keep them honest.

Not sure if Spike or Dempsey will come up for this game, and Im pretty sure there will be at least 1 debutaunt given our injury list. Ive got the team something like;-

Hooker Fletch Hibberd
Hardingham Pears Heppell
Melksham Watson Stanton
Monfries Ryder Zaka
Crameri Hurley Jetta

T.Bell Hocking Howlett

INT from: Davey Reimers Dyson Lonergan
Slattery Davis Dell'Olio Lee
Dempsey McVeigh

Still think we might rest a few players so they will be fresh for Anzac day

Concede and give everything to the pies off a short 5 day break.

So many injury concerns, once again. Hirdy works them too hard.

Dont play anyone this week with any injury concern that means Demspey and Pears ect.

The only thing i want in this game is for Zaka to tag Murphy. Murphys running is just about as good as ive seen. Just under the Ablett speed, the gut running of Swan and the fitness of around stanton.

Get Zaka to see what work rate really is. I dont want to see him get any cut outs, if Murphy has 20 in the first quarter with the Zaka tag, he keeps playing on him.

Couldnt care less about this game and if we lose by 15 goals.
You call yourself an Essendon supporter? This is ****ing lunacy- Concede a game against our biggest ****ing rival? Put our best offensive mid in a tagging role? Thank the lord you're no where near our coaching department. Go back to Port Adelaide, scum. If you don't care about this game you don't deserve to be an Essendon supporter- especially if we lose by 15 goals.
You rest stars for these games, not in these games. We're in round 4 ffs- we can "rest" our stars against teams like Brisbane and GWS- we don't rest against our biggest rivals.
Not against ****ing Carlton.

When did Barca last rest players against Madrid? Or the Yankees rest players against the Red Sox?
Or the Celtics against the Lakers?

We ****ing hate these *****, and we should ****ing kill them

You call yourself an Essendon supporter? This is ****ing lunacy- Concede a game against our biggest ****ing rival? Put our best offensive mid in a tagging role? Thank the lord you're no where near our coaching department. Go back to Port Adelaide, scum. If you don't care about this game you don't deserve to be an Essendon supporter- especially if we lose by 15 goals.

You rest stars for these games, not in these games. We're in round 4 ffs- we can "rest" our stars against teams like Brisbane and GWS- we don't rest against our biggest rivals.

We ****ing hate these *****, and we should ****ing kill them

spot ****ing on eth-dog, dons supporters need to arc the **** up, we're playing carlton ffs.

I dont think we will rest any big names, just those that are under an injury cloud, so lets for example say out of the group that played GCS, pears carlisle and dempsey. They are the names that are thrown up.

throw jetta down back, his pace makes our backline look quicker, can fill the dempsey rebound role, if dempsey is tight dont risk him give him extra few days for pies.

riemers stays, dropping a guy after one game isnt a good way to encourage good output, and frankly we need some xfactor to take on carlton. Maybe play a bit further up the ground, put the heat on him to play jettas role. Challenge the guy, we will then see his best.

hooker for carlisle is pretty straight up i think, i hazzard a guess this was planned, as hooker probably could have played last week.

Now if pears is battling an injury or its a worry, dont risk him i think is the motto at essendon atm.

Now the change they will most likely do, not one im a huge fan of, but they will most likely bring in slattery for a negating role on one of their quick forwards. But tbh i dont see too many other options.

on Lee, and dell, i dont think we will see them, rookies and all already injury depleted side, would be a baptism of fire.

Now the change they will most likely do, not one im a huge fan of, but they will most likely bring in slattery for a negating role on one of their quick forwards. But tbh i dont see too many other options.

I don't think we need to bring in Slattery even if Dempsey doesn't play. Carlton you'd think would be unchanged and they have 2 small forwards and we can cover them with Hibberd (Gartlett) and Hardingham (Betts).

I don't think we need to bring in Slattery even if Dempsey doesn't play. Carlton you'd think would be unchanged and they have 2 small forwards and we can cover them with Hibberd (Gartlett) and Hardingham (Betts).

Betts - 11 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back