Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? If you plan for it and keep a trade up your sleeve, why can't you move Watson out for any in-form Hawk (vs Gold Coast rd 24) that isn't already on your list?

If I were going for the league win i'd be using my Grand Final trade/s on the inevitable players that will be rested/dropped/injured at that time of the season. Budgeting for a trade in round 24 this far out is a little risky imo.

Nah completely agree. I fell for the trap of trying to be unique and get a prem that everyone was avoiding to have an edge which has cost me big time.

The problem is the only teams that have had their byes are GC, North and Adelaide which doesn't leave me any real advantage with regard to avoiding byes.

Rawlings?

Hey guys, am thinking about trading out Krakour for either Dangerfield or FYFE, both are scoring well. What do you think? Any help is good help. Cheers

Will i jump on the curnow bandwagon after his 70k + price rise.

Unless some people have a serious amount of cash in bank, the only feasible "sideways" trades to Curnow this week would appear to be from Conca, Gaff, Bewick, and Krakouer?? (And probably in that order of sensibility too?)

Hey guys, am thinking about trading out Krakour for either Dangerfield or FYFE, both are scoring well. What do you think? Any help is good help. Cheers

I had the same dilemma when picking my DT but i went with Dangerfield because of his bigger body. I don't like skinny players in DT.

I wouldn't trade out Kraks just yet. I'm expecting a big game from him this round agianst his old team.

This week...
Conca -> Curnow
Smith -> Prestia

Next week....
Astbury -> Coad
Hibberd -> Liberatore (if he's still not getting a game)

I had a feeling that too many Richmond players would kill me :)

What are your thoughts on Krakouer > Curnow?

I know I've missed his first price rise but if he continues his good form I'll be losing too many points...

I just reckon it's absolute madness to even consider trading Krakouer at this early stage.

The last few years he's been playing in a prison footy side, then onto a good WAFL side, now he's played just three AFL H&A games...

It's a massive, massive step up...and as good as he was for Swan Districts last year, playing for Collingwood in the big league is whole different story.

He will need time. Maybe not this week or the next, but once his fitness levels go up and he gets used the pace of league footy, he will pay off for all those left who still have him.

I just reckon it's absolute madness to even consider trading Krakouer at this early stage.

The last few years he's been playing in a prison footy side, then onto a good WAFL side, now he's played just three AFL H&A games...

It's a massive, massive step up...and as good as he was for Swan Districts last year, playing for Collingwood in the big league is whole different story.

He will need time. Maybe not this week or the next, but once his fitness levels go up and he gets used the pace of league footy, he will pay off for all those left who still have him.

Nat Fyfe hasnt seemed to struggle with the step up from year 11 3rds and 2nd school teams to being one of the top 100-150 players in the AFL in just his second year (3 years later).

Krakouer will get better, but i think hes unfortunately playing for a side that is too strong and means he will be a substitute a lot of the time. I think he will be a sub this week (whether subbed on or off) if there are no injuries.

You can pick about 18 other magpies that you just know, wont be the sub. So it really narrows it down to those 18-22 players which Krakouer sits in at the moment. L.Davis, Krakouer and Toovey seem very likely subs, although AFL clubs seem to be trying to share the sub around. I wonder what Micks philosophy is behind it. ATM hes had his 2 worst players be sub every week on and off besides Shaw due to injury.

Krakouer also has a BE of 45~ hes unlikely to rise too much more with being subbed, he also has JS problems at the moment and trading him before his round 7 bye isn't a bad idea whether it be this week or the next few.

There aren't always going to be good cash cows on offer every week, so i will be taking advantage of the best of them when they hit the bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely agree with you! However, this isn't about Krakouer, it's about Curnow. If Curnow wasn't looking like a 'must have' then I wouldn't even consider trading Krakouer.

I still have 24 trades left and am aiming for overall. I'm currently ranked in the top 4,500 and don't think i can do without him...

Nat Fyfe hasnt seemed to struggle with the step up from year 11 3rds and 2nd school teams to being one of the top 100-150 players in the AFL in just his second year (3 years later).

Krakouer will get better, but i think hes unfortunately playing for a side that is too strong and means he will be a substitute a lot of the time. I think he will be a sub this week (whether subbed on or off) if there are no injuries.

You can pick about 18 other magpies that you just know, wont be the sub. So it really narrows it down to those 18-22 players which Krakouer sits in at the moment. L.Davis, Krakouer and Toovey seem very likely subs, although AFL clubs seem to be trying to share the sub around. I wonder what Micks philosophy is behind it. ATM hes had his 2 worst players be sub every week on and off besides Shaw due to injury.

Krakouer also has a BE of 45~ hes unlikely to rise too much more with being subbed, he also has JS problems at the moment and trading him before his round 7 bye isn't a bad idea whether it be this week or the next few.

There aren't always going to be good cash cows on offer every week, so i will be taking advantage of the best of them when they hit the bubble.

All the more reason for people to wait and see how he goes..if he gets subbed this week and the next, so what?

My point is, MM is probably taking the safe bet and easing him back into league footy. I think you're sort of agreeing with me that people should wait a couple of weeks before making the certain decision of trading him.

But everyone will have an opinion about him. I reckon the Collingwood coaching panel will put him on the field against the Tigers so they can watch him compete against a far 'weaker' team.

But who knows WTF Malthouse will do really...

I completely agree with you! However, this isn't about Krakouer, it's about Curnow. If Curnow wasn't looking like a 'must have' then I wouldn't even consider trading Krakouer.
I still have 24 trades left and am aiming for overall. I'm currently ranked in the top 4,500 and don't think i can do without him...

Yer, I see your point. Curnow does look tempting (I traded Conca in for him last week)...it's a tough call.

I did the Conca to Curnow trade last week, as I'd clearly backed the wrong horse...

I'm now looking (with byes and injuries) at having an empty defensive bench this week, although starting positions covered at this stage...

I'm wondering whether I make the Waters to Adcock switch, even though he's not playing, or look at someone else (or make the trade next week). All up with taking Waters out I have 381K to spend....

Yer, I see your point. Curnow does look tempting (I traded Conca in for him last week)...it's a tough call.

I think i will let the boat float on, i think Mckenzie offers more. Is Curnow going to require an upgrade? i think so. To think he is going to be Barlow is narrow minded although his start has been impressive, admittedly against weak oppo in the first 2 rounds. Against the pies it may have just been one of those games, id prefer to see him perform against Sydney, Hawks ect.

I did the Conca to Curnow trade last week, as I'd clearly backed the wrong horse...

I'm now looking (with byes and injuries) at having an empty defensive bench this week, although starting positions covered at this stage...

I'm wondering whether I make the Waters to Adcock switch, even though he's not playing, or look at someone else (or make the trade next week). All up with taking Waters out I have 381K to spend....

You realistically have two options;

1. Trade Waters > Adcock. There is no advantage in doing it this week e.g. he might get injured at training (unlikely, i know). Therfore, do it after round 4.

2. Trade Waters for someone under $381,000. You don't quite have enough for Enright or Rawlings which makes the decision pretty tough.

Good luck :thumbsu:

You realistically have two options;

1. Trade Waters > Adcock. There is no advantage in doing it this week e.g. he might get injured at training (unlikely, i know). Therfore, do it after round 4.

2. Trade Waters for someone under $381,000. You don't quite have enough for Enright or Rawlings which makes the decision pretty tough.

Good luck :thumbsu:

Cheers, the advantage of finding someone else is that I then have cover this week for last minute changes. Until then I have Waters, Buckley and Goddard on the bench...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back