Preview Round 4 v St Kilda Gather Round Norwood Oval Sunday 7th April 3.20pm McAuliffe DEBUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Graham become Chris Judd where he just comes straight in with no need for match conditioning?

I'm sure he will be serviceable like he often is. I just don't like it.
Graham has a history of brilliant games his first week back in the side ... holds a lot of AFL records too ... most tackles on debut in 11 ... the club record for tackles in 14 ... one of only three players in AFL history to record 3 matches with 3 goals and 13 tackles with Cyril Rioli and Gary Ablett Jnr ...

And he was above the VFL level at 18 ... his VFL debut had him record an incredible 21 disposals, 14 contested possessions, eight clearances and six tackles IN THE FIRST HALF.

Maybe he is capable of becoming a star at 26 ... don't forget he was the winner of the Larke Medal for best player at U18 championship as SA captain ... maybe we have been using a Rolls Royce as a tractor all these years ... and Yze is the man to take the plough off and unleash his offensive game.

I am calling that he absolutely tears apart Norwood Oval on Sunday

Dusty, Graham and Naismith ... lose speed ... gain hardness around the contest ... will be a real test of Yzes game plan
I prefer the speed to be honest.

edit, just to explain myself. this is a running game, no run = no win. we beat Sydney because we ran on the breaks and pressured them to win the ball.

We are already slow in parts. Dusty is as always an exception.

Last edited:

Where is the God damn video?!

Jimmy Fallon Anticipation GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I thnk its just about respect and giving them their chance, or maybe, crazy stuff, but maybe he thinks they are better than the other options.

Yze has made some bloody good decisions so far
I guess we'll see.

Training report from Caesar (PRE)

Main Training Today Friday:

**The players were in a circle in the middle of the ground just after the warm up and there was clapping and laughing/cheering, I were hoping it was for a Macca debut but maybe they just start training with a funny story?

That's it until the final squad named.

Maybe because we are playing the Saints this week someone cracked a Jack Higgins joke?

Yze appeared tempted to go with two rucks, rather than recalling Koschitzke.

Norwood Oval's playing surface is close to 30m narrower than the MCG, and the Tigers marked out narrower wings on Punt Road at Friday's training in a bid to acclimatise.

"There might be more stoppages, so we've got to consider maybe a second ruck, things like that," Yze said.

If Naismith is called upon, he will play with skipper Toby Nankervis for the first time since both ruckmen played for Sydney together in the 2016 semi-final win over Adelaide.

Richmond could debut young midfielder Kane McAuliffe, who Yze said had been "knocking the door down'' for the past couple of weeks in the VFL.

The Tigers are unlikely to make any defensive tweaks, backing Ben Miller and Tylar Young to handle St Kilda spearhead Max King, who is returning from suspension.

I'm sure there'll be injuries this week, If its not this Round for McAuliffe, he knows he'll be in very soon.
Well it won't be next week as Baker will be back in, then both the AFL and VFL team have byes so he probably won't come in the following week off a bye, so maybe in an interrupted 4 weeks time. Right around when Hopper is due back....

Just play the kid ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thnk its just about respect and giving them their chance, or maybe, crazy stuff, but maybe he thinks they are better than the other options.

Yze has made some bloody good decisions so far

McAualiffe and Graham don’t play the same position. Macca is an inside midfielder…. and on top of last weeks team we’ve added Martin who can play inside mid…. as can Sonsie who is playing on a flank.

So if Macca was to come in, IMO it would have to be at the expense of Dow or Sonsie.

I’m wrapped they have given Dow and Sonsie another game this week, as after such a great win neither deserve to be demoted and it would have really dinted their confidence.

Lock this in … Macca and Baker will be in next week for whichever 2 players out of this group deserve to be dropped after the weekend: Dow, Sonsie, Graham, McIntosh, Banks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On talking tigers they said the vfl has a practice game this week with the bye being there. So it was ideal for Graham to come back from there.

Yze appeared tempted to go with two rucks, rather than recalling Koschitzke.

Norwood Oval's playing surface is close to 30m narrower than the MCG, and the Tigers marked out narrower wings on Punt Road at Friday's training in a bid to acclimatise.

"There might be more stoppages, so we've got to consider maybe a second ruck, things like that," Yze said.

If Naismith is called upon, he will play with skipper Toby Nankervis for the first time since both ruckmen played for Sydney together in the 2016 semi-final win over Adelaide.

Richmond could debut young midfielder Kane McAuliffe, who Yze said had been "knocking the door down'' for the past couple of weeks in the VFL.

The Tigers are unlikely to make any defensive tweaks, backing Ben Miller and Tylar Young to handle St Kilda spearhead Max King, who is returning from suspension.

Interesting article

1712292670717.png

Reading into that would mean of those bench players Naismith, Graham, Miller are locks. I don't think Ralph smith and Koschitzke will be selected leaving Sonsie, Banks & McAuliffe for the remaining 2 spots (1 sub).

However, if Rioli Jnr is injured as reported then all 3 will play.

McAuliffe DEBUT

Richmond draftee Kane McAuliffe will make his AFL debut in his home state of South Australia in this weekend's Gather Round.

The 19-year-old, who was drafted by the Tigers with pick No. 40 from SANFL club North Adelaide, will fittingly return to Adelaide for his opening senior game when Richmond faces St Kilda at Norwood Oval.

The Port Augusta product has made an immediate impact at Tigerland, impressing over the pre-season before claiming back-to-back best on ground honours in the opening two VFL rounds.

The inside midfielder sits on top of the table in the VFL's Coaches MVP Award, averaging 30.5 disposals, 15.5 contested possessions, seven clearances, 6.5 inside-50s and 6.5 tackles across his two appearances, while also showing an ability to hit the scoreboard.

With his contest work and handy left foot key features of McAuliffe's game, Richmond coach Adem Yze said the exciting youngster had been "knocking the door down'' for his for opportunity.

"He's quality kid, he's in really good form," Yze said.

VFL coach Steve Morris shared Yze's sentiment.

"He’s in great form... He had a game-high eight tackles (in Round 2 of the VFL) and consistently won the footy for us on the day," he said.

The Tigers will name their final Round 4 side on Friday at 5.00pm.

Nervous Gordon Ramsey GIF by BBC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back