Review Round 4 vs Carlton, Metricon Stadium, Sunday April 10, 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Holman, Fiorini and Swallow all should be nervous about their spots. Especially with Elijah playing good footy in the VFL
Thought Ainsworth was poor today too.

Fiorini did his job I thought - didn't play much midfield at all and competed.

Others at risk, agree.

Luko with the group singing the song with a big smile on his face. Nothing on his knee - no brace, no strapping, no ice or anything.

We may have dodged a bullet there. I guess it looked more like his patella crashed into the surface more than any twisting motion. Similar to what Rowell did start of last year. Only difference is Metricon isn't concrete.

Others at risk, agree.
Actually thought they all were ok. Swallow got better as the game went on. Holman didn't do much but they love him. Even atkins did a bit as the game went on, probably because everyone slowed down. Sucks for farrar really thought he could get a good crack at it.

Luko with the group singing the song with a big smile on his face. Nothing on his knee - no brace, no strapping, no ice or anything.

We may have dodged a bullet there. I guess it looked more like his patella crashed into the surface more than any twisting motion. Similar to what Rowell did start of last year. Only difference is Metricon isn't concrete.
My immediate thoughts were jarred knee cap??

Holman, Fiorini and Swallow all should be nervous about their spots. Especially with Elijah playing good footy in the VFL

Swallow safe he stood up at times when needed and put his body on the line

Others at risk, agree.

I thought Ainsworth should take his game to the next level this year he’s a very inconsistent player

One of the more genuinely enjoyable games I’ve had at Metricon. Decent crowd, which was majority blues but suns fans still put cheered them since we dominated 95% of the game. Still feel like a 30 point win wasn’t reflective of the game. But we also has a loss last week which looked much better on us than it actually was so I’ll call that even.

Nothing better than sitting around a few opposition nuffies and hearing them scream over being beating in a one on one and calling for frees

Watching online - had a few interruptions and just got to the end of the game.

Our midfield dominated, lead by big man Witts.
Anderson and Miller great in the clutches.
Entries into 50 could still improve a lot. Luko was great early and made things happen.

Rosas and Rankine together look dangerous.
Chol looks like he can be a reliable source of goals.

Tall defenders held up very well against 2 very good opponents.
Weller was outstanding.

Some weird anomalies. We had only 37 tackles.
Miller was in the top couple of tacklers in the league last year - had ZERO tackles tonight. Anderson had 1. Davies 1, Fiorini 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How disrespectful every week Bounce shows the winner of the last Sunday afternoon/night game of the round’s song in the club rooms but of course because we won they didn’t play the winners song tonight for the first time this season. Grubs.

I just wait for the club to post it online rather than watch that trash show

My immediate thoughts were jarred knee cap??
Maybe just took a lot of trauma? The way he stayed down though i thought he was gone. Daniel Rich did an ACL in that very pocket.

When Powell went down as well I thought for sure it was syndesmosis. Heart in mouth stuff.

Very happy for Mally that he played well and kicked a few. He has some real weapons that I think will really help us the more he plays.
Great for the guys in the VFL, too. Shows that if you're in red hot form at that level, you get rewarded. Embrace it, get confidence, get form, then play 1s.

He's coming off two games of 20+ touches and 4 goals or something ridiculous like that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he looked very slick today.

Another navy blue nightmare inflicted. The taste is oh so sweet!

Witts destroyed De Koning in the ruck by winning the hitout count 42-15. Chol was awesome again with 10 hitouts and 3 goals.

And what about Rosas with 3 goals! We have so much talent on our list and it's just so nice to see it come together in a match like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back