Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

One more change is Mac Andrew replacing Farrar

Farrar really wasn't good last week, so good change.

Might be a bit too tall down back so St Kilda have to check their kicks inside 50.

Expect Sexton too be the sub again. (Perfect role for him)

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, Mac straight back in. Excited to see how he has progressed over pre-season given we haven’t seen much exposed form due to the suspension. Another good ball user, let’s see how he goes physically. Must rate him highly to be straight back in.

Stoked for Humphrey as well!

Andrew and Humphrey are two good inclusions! Can’t complain too much there. They are young and inexperienced, but were always going to be in the team at some point.

Apart from maybe Ace (who is ok), this is close to a full strength team.

Shame Chol is on the outer. He is also someone I’d have best 22.

I like Farrar too, but a few of his efforts (that lack of a block when MacPherson got run down!) were sub par. Has to work on that, as his height and speed are good attributes.

Spots are tight.

Let’s hope this is the team to kick-start our season.

Excited to see both Humphrey and Mac… a bit worried we are a touch tall in the backline for their small fwds…

Farrar made his errors but he is very versatile, feel they should give him a few games to get his confidence up.

Team selection is tough atm but i would have dropped Hollands and would have had Farrar do a job on Mason Wood on the wing who is in good form…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the extremely rare times I won’t be able to watch the game, nor even follow scores. If anyone near the flinders ranges can arrange smoke signals for the scores (providing it is culturally appropriate) I’ll be totally off grid so will take the scores any way I can get them… may even hike to the top of the range to see if I can jag one bar of coverage to track scores

I still feel sorry for Sammy Flanders to get injured in this critical year for him after putting all that work in.

Even prior to his debut, you do get a sense that Humphrey may be more suited to the role they’ve been given.

I think it’s just concentration with jy.
Confident he’ll still be a player, just needs to make sure he’s focussed the whole game.
Things Farrar needs to work on are his defensive body work (such as blocking for one of our players after a handball receive), making sure he puts his body over the ball (often runs straight past it or tries to kick off the ground a lot), and making sure he doesn’t go for a ball in the air when another defender is (he needs to fly with his player, or stay down to watch the out the back play).

His leap, speed and usually his kicking is good. Takes risky options, tries to get the game moving, will run and open up play. I like all that and think he could be a real weapon. But if you are a defender, it has to be team first. He’s just not doing some of those one percenters at key moments.

I also think Long has taken his position, sort of, and Long has more leniency as a new recruit than Farrar. Don’t think they’ve been too different in terms of critical mistakes, but sometimes that’s how it is…

Not expecting too much from Humphrey tomorrow night, he's probably not going to be a high possession player anyway but more high impact. If he can impact a few stoppages and chip in with a goal it will be good signs. Mac Andrew is one of my favourite players, still early days for him but the sky is the limit. Another pre season or 3 and he's a potential AA at almost any part of the ground, going to be fun watching him develop.

Like the drunk
Dislike the call.

Jeffrey is a must play IMO. Can’t understand why you’re down in him!

Elite for i50 tackles and pressure acts so far this year, Constant threat to hit the scoreboard. Young player with so much potential. Lovely kick inside 50 too.

Capacity to be our Bayley Fritsch.
I'm so not down on Jeffrey!!!
I posted pre-season he is the only guy who can possibly come close to Rankine on our list
I just like Sexton-but on the ground on the bench it doesn't matter-they both play
Basically Oea and Rosas need to lever them both out if they want matches-not be gifted them

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back