Preview Round 5, 2016 - Lions vs WB - Tear the woof off

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take on the ladder when you look at how many games each clubs opponent has won so far this season (thanks to Daniel Harford for bringing this up last week). Quantifies how tough our fixture has been:

Heading into this week the combined number of games our opponents have won this season is 16 (WC = 3, Norf = 4, Gee = 3, GC = 3, Dogs = 3). So our opponents have won 16 of a possible 25 games, or 64%.

5 teams x 4 rounds = 20 games.

They've won 16/20 games or 80%.

I really think playing at Etihad will really suit our current game plan and if we can kick straight, the $6.50 odds that sportsbet currently have are mighty juicey!!!

Well if we do those we win the game.

I think we all need to remember that this is a team who have been touching up teams who are at our level and were a bees' away from beating Hawthorn.

We could easily have a good game and then sleep for 10 mins and lose by 50. Margins are tricky these days with the pace of the game!!
The doggies second half last week was very tired,quite a few were in tne pool this morning, which is not usual this time of week.

The opposition big forwards have cause dramas for us thus far:
Kennedy-8
Waite-5
Hawkins-4
Lynch-5

Could've been more with straight kicking I might add.
With the lack of a big power forward for the dogs it will be interesting to see how we go. Could expose us more - who knows!

If we can get their entries to be bombed in long and high we are a chance - Andrews will ghost in all night and take 10+ plucks.

If they get too many entries through turnovers or breaking through a zone where they can use space and skill - forget about it.

Dogs are really good at getting out of tight spots using hands. If we can negate that release handball. Stick out tackles. It will stop their spread at the source and hopefully catch them out the other way.

Our smalls MUST have a big game, if they start well and are getting involved in scoring plays it will demand tighter marking.

I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
Simply MUST contain the doggies in the first half. They have been blowing teams away early then easing up and haven't been kicking big scores. If we can be within 10-20 points at half time we might be a chance to jag a win with their injuries/underdone players. Their team defence worries me somewhat but having said that we have found it much easier to score so far this year.

Game could literally go either way this week - surprise win or absolute hiding like last year. Hope we are competitive.

I really think playing at Etihad will really suit our current game plan and if we can kick straight, the $6.50 odds that sportsbet currently have are mighty juicey!!!
I'm an avid bulldogs supporter and member, I put a cheeky 50 on Brisbane to get up. If we win, I'm happy, if we lose, I'm happy.

Its Hilarious how bitter some dogs fans are still about Taylor deservedly winning the risings star. Like who actually cares.

Still think we're a sneaky chance but it could go terribly wrong. Go Lions.

Boys need to keep believing and keep taking the game on. Doesn't matter what the score is. Doggies have been showing slow finishes, we are a chance for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for a good game tomorrow.

Always liked the Lions, the threepeat side of the early millenium will always shit it over the current Hawthorn team, even if they do win it four times. The Lions were more charasmatic, less vanilla. And they beat the Pies twice.

And this is just the most electric moment one of my fave Aussie Rules vids

Anyway I'm running scared of big Stef Martin. He gave Roughead such a bath last time the bloke is still shaking water out of his ears. Though we have solved the Adcock problem we had:)

Always liked the Lions, the threepeat side of the early millenium will always shit it over the current Hawthorn team, even if they do win it four times. The Lions were more charasmatic, less vanilla. And they beat the Pies twice.

Anyway I'm running scared of big Stef Martin. He gave Roughead such a bath last time the bloke is still shaking water out of his ears. Though we have solved the Adcock problem we had:)

Hopefully jed doesn't have an absolute blinder!

Loved that game against geelong. I remember them 2 goals sitting about 40 metres away as youngen.

When was the last time a former player versed us for the first time and didn't have a day out. Can't remember one. Adcock will probs get 3 goals and 20 touches. But still happy for him, hope he stays in the team and plays some finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back