Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Gathering round, good excuse to get away for a weekend and the economical impact for the area would be huge.

But playing 6 games on one oval with 4 games in a 24 hour window is crazy, even dangerous.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Adelaide Oval has a great surface so hopefully it holds up OK but you would rather be playing the first game there than the last one like we are.

Probably not a popular opinion but I rate Nathan Buckley as the best media commentator/analyst. I always find his comments insightful and on point. I never cared for him as a player or coach but I think as a media analyst I think he's excellent. He craps all over David King who likes to make clickbait claims that usually turn out wrong or are meaningless. I laugh every time I see him with his open laptop in front of him. I wonder if it's even switched on, or if he's just watching pr0n. Maybe a Wayne Carey home vid!

On a serious note Buckley said on Fox last night that in his opinion Ross Lyon is every bit as good a coach as Clarkson despite the 4 premierships that Clarkson has won.

I don't think it's an outlandish claim to say that Lyon is as good a coach as Clarkson, Ross could have won some premierships too with a bit more luck.

Apologies if oppo input isn’t welcome.
Not after arguments. Just stating a different opinion.

Reading through this thread….
Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.
Nor will “we’ll play x in the fwd line and bang!”.

Positional matchups are largely nothing to the pies.
We just don’t care about your forwards.
The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

The same media that wrote us off pre season!

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.
If we lose, you get a shot (assuming your fwds are camping like Brisbane ).

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

That’s how the game will roll.

Matchups etc are just nothing we care about.
So go ahead and tag Nick,
It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Big game and one that will tell a lot about both teams status:

Again, apologies if this isn’t welcome in this thread.
ive heard not even death is effective against Nick and the Pies

Hang on….what?

Don’t get me started on Eddie….since he hasn’t made a comment….let’s ignore that bit.

Here’s the funny thing.

Hypothetical: your best mate: 10 years ago shared some pics. It finds it way to you via a third party a week ago via the herald Sun . Are you cutting off your mate?

Just asking….
hypothetical: your clubs cheer squad leader: 10 years ago... why are you still a pies supporter?

just asking...

timmy timmysouthpark GIF by Comedy Central LA

It will be interesting to see who comes out of the 22 if Membrey is fit

The obvious is Cordy, although it leaves us without a 2nd ruck

We could just play Owens in that role and use him as another mid, especially when the Pies currently don’t have a genuine ruck

We also don’t want to go too tall if it’s going to be a mid pit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could just play Owens in that role and use him as another mid, especially when the Pies currently don’t have a genuine ruck

Hit the nail on the head I reckon. Pou going on ball more also. Could see Pou and Owens splitting fwd/mid

No potential ins, right? Just someone into the 23 man squad for poor Bytel?

Again, like against the Bulldogs, its a question of how well our game plan works at stopping what Collingwood like to do. The only other variable is the long Adelaide Oval.
Skunk a chance.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tactical sub does make things interesting. If Membrey gets up then I think he'd be ideal as the sub for this week with a view to activating him halfway through the game for Cordy, give or take.

I think it's win-win. Ross continues to reward winning by playing the same team; Cordy can go a bit harder as a fwd + some ruck knowing he won't be playing the full game unless he has a blinder. When Membrey subs in Owens can take the deep forward ruck work since Collingwood will be playing a patchwork ruck group.

I know Mitch could play the role but I wouldn’t want that atm. Too high risk to throw him in.

Any thoughts on Max Heath getting a game this week?

Conditions might not suit... but he must be getting close
Was quiet for Sandy on the weekend, after his big game the previous week. He's still a bit raw and inconsistent. Hope he gets a run at some stage myself, but I think he'll be biding his time for awhile yet.

In the last couple of games, Owens has only been 1 hitout short of Cordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back