Game Day 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
loved clark and Pou tonight, the younger brigade have been really good, they just arent used to wet weather footy at AFL level.

really needed Steele to have a massive night tonight

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought Clark was ordinary- continually gave the ball to the Crows or just coughed it up. Pou did well in a rubbish team effort, as did Byrnes. Steele looked disinterested after the first ten minutes of the game- not good for the captain. It's looking now like Sydney shut up shop in the last quarter last week to preserve a few players. It's been a long time since we had a Saints game where we had so many passengers.

I've been impressed withy Byrnes, I had written him off but he has played two good games in a row since he has come back.tr

He is playing like a bloke that wants to stay on the list unlike Jones and Bonner who look like they are playing to be delisted.

Jones was trying his guts out, won a lot of contested possessions. He was trying, but his decision making and execution were a fail.

Shoey had a pretty poor game. Not his conditions but can tell he’s still not comfortable and confident at the level

He didn't do anything remarkable, but he played his role, and wasn't missing.
I thought Ok for a first year player from one of the last picks in the draft. Then again, should have suited Tassie conditions.

Jones was trying his guts out, won a lot of contested possessions. He was trying, but his decision making and execution were a fail.

The 3 stages of Zac Jones:

1. Sell the dummy
2. Dispose like a dummy
3. Spit the dummy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Younger and less experienced. Yet outmuscled us once the rain set in.
We continued to play dry weather footy.
Only positive is a better draft pick.

View attachment 2047515
Interesting we are giving up 4kg on average. That is actually massive.

Have said for years we are the least developed side in the comp.

Got absolutely bullied in the contest.

I thought Clark was ordinary- continually gave the ball to the Crows or just coughed it up. Pou did well in a rubbish team effort, as did Byrnes. Steele looked disinterested after the first ten minutes of the game- not good for the captain. It's looking now like Sydney shut up shop in the last quarter last week to preserve a few players. It's been a long time since we had a Saints game where we had so many passengers.

Clark was one of the best ball winners. That's a big improvement for him. Now we need him to be one of the best ball disposer ofer's. I'll cut him some slack due to conditions.

Jones is close to 30 though, he isn't getting any better at his age, Byrnes is 23, he still has the potential to get better.

If I had to choose who to keep on our list it would be Byrnes.

Clark was one of the best ball winners. That's a big improvement for him. Now we need him to be one of the best ball disposer ofer's. I'll cut him some slack due to conditions.
Yeah he won a bit of the ball, but that's about all. The Crows midfield had no issues handling the ball or disposing of it.

Surely no one is actually too upset about the result?

Season is done, playing well at the back end of the season means absolutely nothing into 2024.

Let's take pick 4, wait for battle to make up his mind and either role into 2025 with pick 4 & 5 or pray to good Phillipou continues on this trajectory.

2024 has to be put to bed, for our own head space. It was quite enjoyable not giving two ****s about the game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back