Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no issues with Sharman being developed into a long term Wood replacement.

We already know he's ok as a forward and a defender, but he has a long way to go from getting ahead of our other midsized and key position players.

On the wing, he's next cab off the rank and he'll still be spending time in the 50 arcs to work on his offensive and defensive games.

Wouldn't even think about delisting him at the moment.

The role that Wood is playing seems highly taxing, but pretty simple. Sharmans got plenty of time to work it out.

If anything, Hammers emergence probably takes the pressure off him a bit because we can just think of his as a project player for the time being.

Membrey doesnt need to use his body to spoil.
He takes marks against their big bodies and kicks goals from the aforementioned marks.
Yeah but we weren’t winning when he did that. That was the old Saints.

Have no issues with Sharman being developed into a long term Wood replacement.

We already know he's ok as a forward and a defender, but he has a long way to go from getting ahead of our other midsized and key position players.

On the wing, he's next cab off the rank and he'll still be spending time in the 50 arcs to work on his offensive and defensive games.

Wouldn't even think about delisting him at the moment.

The role that Wood is playing seems highly taxing, but pretty simple. Sharmans got plenty of time to work it out.

If anything, Hammers emergence probably takes the pressure off him a bit because we can just think of his as a project player for the time being.

The current list size sucks. Its horrible if you have to choose between a young guy who still holds promise, and older guy who is still playing good footy, or a gop who has been a loyal, but limited player for the club. Look at the remaining depth we had last week, and look at West Coast last year.

Unfortunately the grounds there were deemed unsuitable, the only game on a ground out of town is at Mount Barker.
And that ground is brand new.
Surprised they didn't look at the old Aami stadium. Maybe it's in disrepair?

The new Summit grounds at Mount Barker are fantastic, soccer pitches with artificial turf there too. Would’ve gone to that game since I live nearby but unfortunately I’ll be playing/coaching soccer 15 minutes down the road in Strathalbyn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FWIW, only the Gold Coast have a worse record in SA than us, and we're playing the only non-SA team to have a winning record there.

Nice work from the AFL.

Not the AFLs fault that we’re tripe at the Oval, that’s on us. Besides, haven’t we won a couple recently during the covid years?

The old Saints.
Panic bomb out of defense.
If the ball doesn’t come back in Take an eternity to bomb it forward. If we still have it take another eternity giving the oppo plenty of leisurely time to flood back and then bomb it onto Kings head.
If he doesn’t catch it and we lose the ball then half heartedly stick a hand out in defense and sit back and watch the ball come back down again.
Rinse
Repeat
I’m a bit worried whether some of the returnees will be able to adjust to the new Saints disciplined frantic pressure style.
Anyhoo I trust Ross.

You’re completely clueless about footy so no, I would hate that. But if I ever needed guidance on how to get stains out of the couch that appear while the wife is at home and I’m at work, you’re definitely my go to.
how old are you, that's a very disrespectful thing to be saying about your wife, does she know you talk about her that way behind her back, might be time to grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the AFLs fault that we’re tripe at the Oval, that’s on us. Besides, haven’t we won a couple recently during the covid years?

Back to back off a 5 day break during covid.

I'm sure if Collingwood lose to us the media will be quick to bring up their missing ruckmen as an excuse while ignoring all the players we are missing.
Let's hope they get their famous ruckman back for the Grand Final then because Ross, Lenny, and BJ have #UnfinishedBusiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back