Review Round 5, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v Sydney Swans, 28 April 2024, 12.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siren for 3QT. Box Hill came out breathing fire that quarter.

Speedy recovery to Butler :(
Reeves is giving silver service to the midfielders.
Hustwaite the main beneficiary and he's using it extremely well.
O'Sullivan is fast becoming my favourite.
Dear is going to be a weapon with one or two more preseasons.
Wardy is good around the ground but disappointing at stoppage.
Ethan Phillips is a wall with his marking. Maybe lacks a bit of speed?
BMac slowly getting back to the form we saw last year.
Great summary. Agree with you (so you must be right!!).

Great game. They had us on the ropes but we kept fighting, and lifted big time after the unfortunate injury to Butler. Box Hill boys had some nervous moments with skills but played well. I want Max Hall on our list.

Great to see Winged play a quality half of footy and kick two goals. Looked fit.
Hustwaite was great - applied defensive pressure, won contested ball and used it well. Next area of improvement is winning more of it.
Reeves was beating the Sydney rucks, including a stellar third quarter. He copped a head knock and went off.
O'Sullivan will be a player. Does a lot of things you can't teach and hits the scoreboard, just needs to do it more often.
Dear started slow but was in everything after half-time. Wasteful (2.4) but his marking and defensive efforts really stand out.
Phillips was less prolific than last week but was still very hard for Sydney to get past. If they kick it high there's a good chance he marks it.
BMac very good in the first half with his run but faded.
Ward was decent. Good around the ground but his stoppage work wasn't fantastic and remains a key area of improvement.
Ryan was moved forward in the second half and didn't really do much.

I really want Max Hall in the MSD - but how do we even pick him up when we don't have a list spot? :/

We will open one up for Butler :(

Oh crud of course. It hadn’t even clicked for me :/

Gutted for Sammy though - he got himself into peak fitness this season. Just hope he’s not out for too long

What a brilliant win. Really needed that after the AFL game today. Thought Dear was quiet in the first half, but really came to life in the second. Ward still not dominating but did well. Huss played very well. Reeves has his saving head knock in a few weeks. Hope he’s ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back