Round 5 Match Review: The Good The Excellent & the Simply Outstanding

Remove this Banner Ad

I want our percentage pushing 150 by the end of the game. It's 119 now, that should be achievable.

If we have any aspirations of top 4, we should be doubling their score.

I'll be disappointed if we don't bury them by 15+ goals.

This guy.
Wasn't even trolling either. Lel.

Updated Stat:

Mav Weller had 39 disposals, 10 tackles, 7 marks, 3 goals and 181 dream team points for Sandringham on Saturday!!

View all the updated stats here - http://www.truezebras.com/round-3-match-review-convincing-win-by-sandringham/
Top-gun-tom-cruise.jpg

From page 5
" Josh Bruce is the perfect St Kilda player.

He's done nothing in his career, I mean he's really quite bad. You'd be a bit embarrassed to say he was playing for your club. Yet he's still inexplicably arrogant.

Josh Bruce is a wooden spoon every 4.5 years sort of player"

Lol lets all talk about the 21 year old talls who have done nothing in their career.

From page 5
" Josh Bruce is the perfect St Kilda player.

He's done nothing in his career, I mean he's really quite bad. You'd be a bit embarrassed to say he was playing for your club. Yet he's still inexplicably arrogant.

Josh Bruce is a wooden spoon every 4.5 years sort of player"

Lol lets all talk about the 21 year old talls who have done nothing in their career.

Haha, yeah that quite bad and embarassing player held Daniher to 9 touches and no scoring shots. Him and Delaney did a number on Carlisle and Daniher.

There's a good 2 pages of that sort nonsense before they realise they may lose. The arrogance is just ridiculous. And, with the benefit of hindsight, deliciously hilarious.

The post review is equally hilarious, right now, despite the Saints receiving a grand total of 13 free kicks, it's the fact that Leigh Fisher once played for the Saints that cost them the game.

Honestly, you could copy their delusional pearlers thread on here and completely fill it, based on this one game.

The most delusional pearler of all is despite a forward line in which Crameri lead the leading goalkicking for the last 2 or 3 years, and is now gone, they still believe they are a top 4 side :cool:

Cale Hooker was seen as having a good game, because he had lots of kicks, our strategy was to let them piss fart around in the back line because there is no one to kick to up forward.

Rhys 'friggin' Stanley took 13 marks on him whilst pulling him away from double teaming Riewoldt, he was in no man's land when we had the ball, and in no man's land when he had the ball.

'Delusional pearlers' aplenty over there :p

A couple random thoughts while watching the replay. Just finished the 3rd quarter.

Apart from his shank at goal. Don't think Bruce has missed a target. Including a couple pretty good hits on the lead.

Feels like Eli got a lot more than 7 (?) touches. Maybe just cos he's more noticeable? Maybe cos he just doesn't make mistakes?

Don't think they've actually said the word 'Delaney' so far. Despite his stellar performance. There has been a lot of talk about laser pointers, wrong player names, wrong understanding of the score, terrible mathematics, utter dribble, stupid nicknames, BT thinking he's a superior being in every way to Richo (actually feel for him).

JWebb is ridiculously agile. First I've really noticed it.

Thought Stanley actually played what we would call a 'Riewoldt' game. 90% of his marks between the 50m and halfway.

A couple random thoughts while watching the replay. Just finished the 3rd quarter.

Apart from his shank at goal. Don't think Bruce has missed a target. Including a couple pretty good hits on the lead.

Feels like Eli got a lot more than 7 (?) touches. Maybe just cos he's more noticeable? Maybe cos he just doesn't make mistakes?

Don't think they've actually said the word 'Delaney' so far. Despite his stellar performance. There has been a lot of talk about laser pointers, wrong player names, wrong understanding of the score, terrible mathematics, utter dribble, stupid nicknames, BT thinking he's a superior being in every way to Richo (actually feel for him).

JWebb is ridiculously agile. First I've really noticed it.

Thought Stanley actually played what we would call a 'Riewoldt' game. 90% of his marks between the 50m and halfway.
Was worried about Bruce's reported kicking ability, but was pleasantly surprised. Thought he had a great game, and he hit targets. Good stuff.

2 tall defenders which allows........
"James Gwilt unleashed".
A whole lot of this. So looking forward to Sammy Fish hopefully being back in there and also unleashed in the very near future. The two of them were a lethal combo back there leading up to Gwilt doing his knee in 2011 and I'd love to see it again in our current backline. We could have a genuinely strong backline again in the very near future if they return to anywhere near their 2011 form and we don't lose any of them to injury. Just love seeing Jimmy with the booming long laser left foot kicks again, too.
Like : Our future. Add the likes of Acres, Markworth, Shenton, Lee, White etc and that's a much better base than what most people thought we had. The talent was always there, we just haven't been playing them as we understandably gave preference to our senior players. Without Dal, Big Boy, Milney, Blake, Kosi, and with Fisher out there's suddenly room in the team for the kids. Don't get too despondent though if we have a second half of the season fade out as we position ourselves for next year's draft. No good finishing 11/12th. Get those high draft picks next year baby and we'll do a Port Adelaide in 2015 !
I see plenty suggesting that we're likely to fade later in the year, but I wouldn't be so sure. We have so many more "kids" and others knocking down the door in the VFL that we can afford to rotate the younger ones as they tire or drop off and with really healthy competition for spots I think we'll stay pretty much the same throughout the year, as long as we avoid a bad spate of injuries (ie a lot of injuries, or an injury to Nick Riewoldt!).

What I thought was really good was Rhys taking almost uncontested marks because he'd got on his bike at the right time and was two or three metres in front of his opponent when he marked the pill.

Next thing will be the almost unthinking swing around to drive it forward. Still hesitates a bit, not a natural reaction. Just not that aggressive.

But that said great game by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to send that to Brucey on twitter :thumbsu:

When people watch the replay, check out Len and Billings after the siren.

If that's not exactly the kind of stuff that epitomises Lenny.

Wonderful player, wonderful mentor, wonderful guy.

This is the only pic I could find, imagine what impression this guy is having on the kids.

http://bit.ly/1ljZWEd

You have to send that to Brucey on twitter :thumbsu:

When people watch the replay, check out Len and Billings after the siren.

If that's not exactly the kind of stuff that epitomises Lenny.

Wonderful player, wonderful mentor, wonderful guy.

This is the only pic I could find, imagine what impression this guy is having on the kids.

http://bit.ly/1ljZWEd

Flicked him the pic lets see if I get a retweet

Someone said on here that the only bad thing to come out of the game was stuffing the song up. Watching the replay I did have a good chuckle when they did it again.
But getting to a really serious point, who has taken over from Milney in the song?? and if its Little Jackie Steven, who was taking the lead in the first 2 wins???? I can hardly sleep at night pondering this one.

Someone said on here that the only bad thing to come out of the game was stuffing the song up. Watching the replay I did have a good chuckle when they did it again.
But getting to a really serious point, who has taken over from Milney in the song?? and if its Little Jackie Steven, who was taking the lead in the first 2 wins???? I can hardly sleep at night pondering this one.

I haven't seen the song - how exactly did we stuff it up? It's not really the most difficult song in the game.

I believe Armo took the lead when Jack was absent.

Supposed to be jack.

I think Gwilt had been doing (enjoying) it in his absence

:)

Armitage is definitely the one who has been doing it
I say give it to one of the young boys.. Curren looks to me like he would love it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 Match Review: The Good The Excellent & the Simply Outstanding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back