Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Lycett will play this week. Sure to cop a week for closed fist to Vickery in the face even if it was pretty soft.

Gah, forgot about that. Was soft but still expecting 2 weeks reduced to 1. Naitanui or Tippett then methinks.

Trading S Gray for a mid. Being all about value, I'm kinda tempted in Sloane. Has a different role this season, but in tight contested games like last week he looked great. Might be playing himself into form. At 477k he is damn cheap, 50k drop from the start of the season. Very tempting. Joel Selwood is the other one I'm looking at, price of 500k. Always comes good later on in the season.

No chance of being dropped. Has been in our best for the last 3 weeks and will only get better.
Really like the look of him

Yeh i like the look of him too but why then wasnt he picked round 1? he was also very good in the last NAB game but got over looked.

Id like to bring him in this week but im probably going to get Z.Merrett first

A few of those premium defenders Houli, Mcveigh, Boyd, Laird, H.Shaw are going to fall in price over the next few weeks aswell

Fantasia's an awkward price you want him to avg at least 85 from here on in minimum. Will he do that? because hes not going to make you huge coin from this price. Weve already been burnt by guys like Lonergan, Sheridan, Wilson ect

D Martin is a joke > Z Merrett
Lonergan is no better > Henaberry

I read an article about D Martin travelling to NZ to visit his deported dad. This has been affecting his training and he is bleeding money so he has to go.
I also have Steff Martin who may play next week but if not Frost can cover for him his 20-80 will have to do.

Had money from downgrade of Wilson last week. Can't believe I played C Mills on the bench. I had all the tossers this week Ablett (C), Danger, S & R Greys, H Shaw and it goes on and on. Better turn around soon.

Either have to look at getting Tippett to cover Martin or go for another good forward and probably cop a zero next week (unless Martin somehow plays or Cox gets named).

Gotta get rid of JJ as it sounds like his injury is gonna keep him out for a while.
So typical of me to get someone in hot form, gets 70 or so two weeks in a row, and now he's out for ages.

I read an article about D Martin travelling to NZ to visit his deported dad. This has been affecting his training and he is bleeding money so he has to go.
I also have Steff Martin who may play next week but if not Frost can cover for him his 20-80 will have to do.

Had money from downgrade of Wilson last week. Can't believe I played C Mills on the bench. I had all the tossers this week Ablett (C), Danger, S & R Greys, H Shaw and it goes on and on. Better turn around soon.

Your not the only one, I think many people myself included did this too.

What score did you get mate? Your talking like someone that got under 1650 like myself :rolleyes:

I know this isn't the rant section, but a lot of people have been complaining about how poorly there team's are going thus far. If this post is irrelevant, then feel free to delete it.

Anyway, a guy in the year below me who goes to our school is coming 29th overall in Fantasy. I keep an eye on the school leagues once in a while, and he has always been down the bottom, with a rank of around 90k out of 150k every season. I sent him a message saying how are you doing this well? He replied and said 'I don't know'. Looking at his team I've got to admit that he's been quite lucky. No Stef, Sam Mitchell captain, no Barlow, no JJ, no Sheridan/JLo etc...

I asked him what his recent trades were and he said that he traded a rookie who scored poorly to a basement price rookie with a green light. He also said that if one player scores poorly he will trade them out to a player who scored well. Even though this is a decent way to play, I don't get it. Isn't the right way to play, to produce the max $ rise out of your rookies, and hold you premiums, in hope that they'll do well?

I would love to fast forward to round 23 and see the team who won the comp. Will midpricers be I.e Zaha, Hunter, Hall, Merrett (borderline) all be in the top of their positions? I still faintly remember Kym's Klan team who won in AF last year. He had the 'perfect' team. He had a backline of Hodge, Mundy, McVeigh, Boyd, Shaw and Laird.

I am ranked 28k, yep 28k. Not the best. Yet I'm aiming on trading to the best premium options every week.

Over the last few years there has been carnage, but to put this into perspective, I haven't even reached over 2000 this year. Is it skill and planning for these teams or is did they get kissed on the d**k?

I'd love to have a crystal ball right now haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either have to look at getting Tippett to cover Martin or go for another good forward and probably cop a zero next week (unless Martin somehow plays or Cox gets named).

Gotta get rid of JJ as it sounds like his injury is gonna keep him out for a while.
So typical of me to get someone in hot form, gets 70 or so two weeks in a row, and now he's out for ages.

Ive had S.Martin, Johann, Rich and Duncan all get injured/KO halfway through games this year and not come back on

What score did you get mate? Your talking like someone that got under 1650 like myself :rolleyes:
1709 which is my worst score for a few years, two weeks ago I got my worst score of 1716. Can't believe I lowered it so fast.
At least two weeks ago I had Rocliff (C). And scoring 24 hurt. This time round Gazza on 84 was a shocker but better.

I know this isn't the rant section, but a lot of people have been complaining about how poorly there team's are going thus far. If this post is irrelevant, then feel free to delete it.

Anyway, a guy in the year below me who goes to our school is coming 29th overall in Fantasy. I keep an eye on the school leagues once in a while, and he has always been down the bottom, with a rank of around 90k out of 150k every season. I sent him a message saying how are you doing this well? He replied and said 'I don't know'. Looking at his team I've got to admit that he's been quite lucky. No Stef, Sam Mitchell captain, no Barlow, no JJ, no Sheridan/JLo etc...

I asked him what his recent trades were and he said that he traded a rookie who scored poorly to a basement price rookie with a green light. He also said that if one player scores poorly he will trade them out to a player who scored well. Even though this is a decent way to play, I don't get it. Isn't the right way to play, to produce the max $ rise out of your rookies, and hold you premiums, in hope that they'll do well?

I would love to fast forward to round 23 and see the team who won the comp. Will midpricers be I.e Zaha, Hunter, Hall, Merrett (borderline) all be in the top of their positions? I still faintly remember Kym's Klan team who won in AF last year. He had the 'perfect' team. He had a backline of Hodge, Mundy, McVeigh, Boyd, Shaw and Laird.

I am ranked 28k, yep 28k. Not the best. Yet I'm aiming on trading to the best premium options every week.

Over the last few years there has been carnage, but to put this into perspective, I haven't even reached over 2000 this year. Is it skill and planning for these teams or is did they get kissed on the d**k?

I'd love to have a crystal ball right now haha
The guy you're talking about won't last. He's point chasing. Yes it's the right decision to trade premos if they've been underperforming for a while (Sam Gray, Barlow), but if he continues to do this he won't last. Rookies are probably the priority at this stage. Trading out premos should be a luxury and only done if you've got nothing else to worry about and they are considerably underperforming.

Should i trade Zac Smith now for a player like Grundy or Mumford or hold him and wait until next week for Stefan Martin, unlikely that he will reach he break even in 143, Thoughts on this?

Should i trade Zac Smith now for a player like Grundy or Mumford or hold him and wait until next week for Stefan Martin, unlikely that he will reach he break even in 143, Thoughts on this?

S.Martin could have one of those concussion affected games.... I have a feeling he wont score to well. Will be sub 100, so if you dont have him would be worth waiting a week or 2 I reckon if you have other areas to fix up/trades to do.

Tippett is not to bad to bring in. +90 average this year which is up with the best rucks, and you can move him to the forward line if you want to bring a bottom out martin in for example.

The DPP is useful. I am going Gawn who I stupidly traded out if Martin can't make it up. Id be tempted to do it anyway but I really want to get rid of gray/sheridan or lambert to one of the defensive rooks for cash generation (My first trade is graham > fantasia)

hoping martin pulls up, don't really wanna make a forced trade. Have gibbs, ward, sheridan, kerridge and Papley will probably be dropped that i have to worry about, also mccarthy if he's not named again

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back