Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy Laird's record is many times better than Bassett's
no he doesnt.
Laird has 7 flags, Bassett 2.

So we're going to put weight in Laird's Centrals record now?

With their cashed-up mercenaries, comical lack of player development and cashing in on the likes of WWT, Norwood, Sturt and Westies losing young guns to the AFL every year while they get back mediocre spuds who are too good for the SANFL but not good enough for the AFL?

Laughable.

Rance is their best and most important player by a long long way. I expect Dixon to absolutely dominate now.
Dixon will try hard but it wont be any different. He'll get no support and will be double and triple teamed while our mids play "lets bomb it on Charlies head"

No Rance will make no difference

Schmook. Lol.
The%2BFoghorn%2BLeghorn%2BWith%2BHenry%2BHawk%2B%252853%2529%2Bcopy.jpg

Are my delusions cyclic? I melt over the weekend then by Wed/Thursday I am starting to feel hopeful that "we could win this" and then i am rocking in a ball muttering to myself in a corner after the game (when i've sobered up).

But it is Thursday so I think we could win this...
It's called mental self-preservation.

Are my delusions cyclic? I melt over the weekend then by Wed/Thursday I am starting to feel hopeful that "we could win this" and then i am rocking in a ball muttering to myself in a corner after the game (when i've sobered up).

But it is Thursday so I think we could win this...

Maybe. Such was my disillusion in our poor form, I took up my mate's offer to go away last weekend and spent Saturday night camped on the beach. I'm usually optimistic about our chances but this year I feel like I've been burnt too many times and have very little faith. Sad but true.

Ps. My membership didn't go to waste, before anyone asks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobbe dropped. Our best spine on paper would be Schulz, Dixon, Gray, Trengove, Carlile with Lobbe/Ryder in ruck.

Only Dixon will play...:cry::cry::cry:

Look we've got to get behind the boys as they head to Melbourne .
The team's undermanned AND low on confidence , they'll be ' busting a gut ' to try and get a win . They may not execute properly and play as well as they can because they'd be down a bit , they just have to hang in there and be ready for the wheel to turn .
As supporters we have to tough it out and trust what they are doing , some of the players are lacking in certain areas but I'm sure they're trying their best and just need the confidence to be back to their best .
People will get the chop if they aren't up to it wether they be coaches , players or staff , so best bet for us as supporters is to keep the love up for our beloved team and not make matters worse by firing shots everywhere .
If we happen to get the points on Sat. Night it will be a pretty good effort with the amount of players missing and would really give us something to build on while we're waiting for all the pieces to fit back together .

I hope this is not one of those games where Hartlett is named at half-forward but he never gets anywhere near that position. We need some of our experienced players to stay forward. Dix can only do so much and we are going to get smashed in the ruck with Howard against Hampson and Maric. They are nowhere near a dominant pair but Hampson beat Lobbe in the NAB and Maric is a tough experienced ruckman while Dougal is playing his second game and was drafted as a forward.
The only area we seem to have a superiority is on the interchange.

Without all the changes, forced or otherwise, I would have given us a good chance. Against Geelong we gave up momentum and they took the game away, Richmond are not as good at doing that. If we started off well I would bet we could continue. But all the changes have probably put paid to that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back