Review Round 6: Sunday 30/4 vs Casey @ Wonthaggi

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to the Jeka as a defender experiment ?

Only watched the 2nd quarter in full on the live-stream. Casey punished us on the turnover and were really accurate kicking for goal from the flanks. Kept an occasional eye on the game after half-time and was surprised their lead never blew out.

Was really hoping Kosi was going to show something today. I've pretty much given up on him now.

I'm not sure if I'm just being too postitive, but I thought that Kosi did what the coaches would have wanted today. He played on an AFL-quality player, kicked 2-1, 14 disposals and won a few hit outs in the forward line. Only really knock on him I could see is that his forward pressure could have been better. We need to view Kosi and Jeka as potential third talls, they are not going to be superstar key position players.

Was really hoping Kosi was going to show something today. I've pretty much given up on him now.
I'm in exactly the same position..

Promising last week, so was kind of hoping he'd ramp it up another level...but it was like his first two games in the seniors, non-existent...

(At least in the second half that I watched...missed the first)

I'm in exactly the same position..

Promising last week, so was kind of hoping he'd ramp it up another level...but it was like his first two games in the seniors, non-existent...

(At least in the second half that I watched...missed the first)

Non-existent? Man, you are tough.

Jeka shits me up the wall. Same knock on him as a draftee and like a Leopard his spots haven't changed.

Has no ticker. All the talent but no desire.
You can’t coach intensity or drive. It comes from within.

Yep - Jeka is back where he was in 2022

Not a great game today. Mackenzie class above. Liked O’Sullivan. Meek good. CMac still too hit and miss with disposal. Rest not pushing for selection. Side note fir all those potting Jeka he just came back from injury he’s 21 and not a kpf. He’s a bigger Gunston or Greene type a 3rd forward. Also some of the comments are like he was an early pick he was a rookie selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh, I think he's a dime-a-dozen midfielder. A cut above VFL, but no stand out features for AFL level.
He’s been attacking the ball well and playing with a real desire and hardness that was not evident when he was at the pies.

This might be his level but someone like North or Eagles at the very least should be looking to pick him up.

Tbh, I think he's a dime-a-dozen midfielder. A cut above VFL, but no stand out features for AFL level.
Not many others getting his numbers at that level. He's too good for VFL. Not sure what his ceiling is at AFL level, but he's miles better than many on the North and WCE list. Only 25 too

Not many others getting his numbers at that level. He's too good for VFL. Not sure what his ceiling is at AFL level, but he's miles better than many on the North and WCE list. Only 25 too

He looked great yesterday. Would need to find a position other than midfield because he's not going to make an AFL side there. Any suggestions on where he could play?

He looked great yesterday. Would need to find a position other than midfield because he's not going to make an AFL side there. Any suggestions on where he could play?
Might not be right for our side, but looks an AFL footballer.
Would have been a better selection at North than Howe. Perhaps even Shiels with a longer term lens.

West Coast could do a lot worse than to get him in

Confused to why the VFL app is now showing different disposal counts.
C. Brown - 34 to 37
C. MacDonald - 29 to 36
C. Mackensie - 28 to 30

Was it recounted after the game?

Confused to why the VFL app is now showing different disposal counts.
C. Brown - 34 to 37
C. MacDonald - 29 to 36
C. Mackensie - 28 to 30

Was it recounted after the game?
They did that 2 years ago in the Tyler Sonsie game, it went 19d, to 21d then finished at 24d (which led to people saying he was a top 10 prospect, btw he was the worst player for Rich in their shock loss to GCS) imo who cares about numbers, it's about quality of play, stats are easy to manipulate peoples opinion with imo(remember Scully averaging 7 goals in the sanfl u18s and everyone over reacting to that?) I'm sure most of those extra numbers are 5m kicks along the ground or something, just trash disposal, if I had to guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back