Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reef decision will be an interesting watch. Going in as short as we have all year, wouldn’t want to see many high balls going i50, need to utilise the personnel we’ve named there and move it in there quick and low.

Reef sub is surprising. It reflects a definite plan for this game I think.
We won't be bombing into F50.
We will rather be sending in low trajectory deliveries, aiming for ground level where our small forwards will have a field day against PA's defence, which has the poorest number of ground ball gets in the AFL. That's the theory, anyway. Everything will depend on the effectiveness of our I50 delivery, and our ability to hold up and limit PA's outside speed by being first to the contest and bullying the ball out of clearances under our possession.

Big couple of games coming up for us. Think we’ll really see what we’re made of sooner rather than later.
Agree, and some big games for those above us on the ladder - too early in the season to be using the ladder as an indicator of performance - look at the Cats - they're 5-0; on ladder position they're the 2nd best team. Looking at who they have played, their opposition to-date has collectively won 6 games - the teams that we have played have collectively won 13 games. So whilst we've lost a substantial number of games, our opposition has been significantly better.

Reef sub is surprising. It reflects a definite plan for this game I think.
We won't be bombing into F50.
We will rather be sending in low trajectory deliveries, aiming for ground level where our small forwards will have a field day against PA's defence, which has the poorest number of ground ball gets in the AFL. That's the theory, anyway. Everything will depend on the effectiveness of our I50 delivery, and our ability to hold up and limit PA's outside speed by being first to the contest and bullying the ball out of clearances under our possession.
I agree, we'll be trying to beat them with pace and agility. Their backline is really tall, and fairly slow

I'm sure I am reading into things but if you were to judge a game based on how both teams warmed up you'd have Port winning this by 100 points.

Other than Naicos, Maynard, Cameron and Mitchell, we looked half asleep in our drills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back