Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have any rage trades to make... as last week I traded Dea out to Wagner, so pretty happy honestly...

Just got to look at which rookies have the least amount of cash to make... and who I can upgrade... still feel like it's all a bit early. I guess I could upgrade Zac Smith.... :/ that's about it.

EDIT: ok waiting for team sheets, but atm:

Zac Smith -> Max Gawn
Ben Kennedy -> Petracca (pending team sheets that he's in)

OR

Dean Robinson -> Joel Selwood
Ben Kennedy -> Petracca

Next week I'll probably grab Rockliff via whoever does crap out of Adams/Mills/Oliver/Hewett/Mcgovern/etc.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C. Cameron - P. Wright (via McT DPP)
S. Gray (spud) - M. Duncan

Midfield is currently - Parker, Zaharakis, Hunter, Ablett, B. Ellis, Cripps, Duncan, Mills

I'm planning on next week swinging Mills to the backline and upgrading Dea or Adams to Rockliff to polish off my midfield.

My midfield is really similar - Parker, Zaharakis, Hunter, Ablett, B. Smith, Dangerfield/Selwood, Duncan, Mills

Planned rage trades for tomorrow evening?

Dusty has been so shit, I will hold him but geez not sure how much more I can take of his sub 80 scores. I guess most people are in the same situation though.
Menadue will probably go, so too Mitch Brown. Looking at 1 up 1 down

I ditched dusty last week for Zerrett, still sub 80's in F1.

Menadue > Smith
M.Crouch to Dangerfield,Selwood, or any mid under 570,000.. thoughts?

I'd bring in Selwood. At Port we always felt that Dangerfield was overrated and got his stats as a ball hog. This won't happen at Geelong and although he is good I reckon his days of regular big scores are over. But if you're saying under $570K I'd go for Andre Gaff who's got 4 tons and an 87 or Lachie Neale who's got 3 tons, 2 of them 130s, and a low of 79. Unless you've already got them of course.
Selwood leaves you with more cash but his 69 and 85 tell against him.

Brought in Darcy Byrne-Jones for Daniel Howe. Even after his monster value rises that trade still brings me some money, just not as much as it could have been as Darcy has gone up by $88K in 3 weeks. With that trade I had $231K spare so was able to get rid of the ultra-spud Sam Gray for Jarrad Waite and have $128K left. Still have Robbie Gray in my midfield and I'll give him this week against the Tigers to come good. With his BE of 144 even if he does well his price is likely to come down. Hopefully next week someone will bring in a rookie and I can trade out a $250K bench player to make some cash and get Lachie Neale or Steele Sidebottom for Robbie.

I'd bring in Selwood. At Port we always felt that Dangerfield was overrated and got his stats as a ball hog. This won't happen at Geelong and although he is good I reckon his days of regular big scores are over. But if you're saying under $570K I'd go for Andre Gaff who's got 4 tons and an 87 or Lachie Neale who's got 3 tons, 2 of them 130s, and a low of 79. Unless you've already got them of course.
Selwood leaves you with more cash but his 69 and 85 tell against him.

Yeah I'm starting to lean towards selwood, now he has a few games under his belt this year he's looking pretty good. The advantage of selwood is he leaves me more cash to upgrade marcus adams to a back line premo next week after a rookie downgrade elsewhere.

edit: Zorko has been very consistent this year too and is definitely a fwd consideration. Either way i should have enough cash to downgrade a cash cow next week and turn M. Adams > Rockliff

Last edited:
First initial trade looks like I can go
Menadue > Marc Murphy
Clay Cameron > Josh Smith

Midfield is:
Mitchell, Sidebottom, Ablett, Wines, Hunter, Murphy, Duncan, Mills
With Mills soon becoming Rockliff.

Last edited:
Menadue > Smith
Lonergan > DBJ

Thinking a double downgrade this week so I can pounce on a couple of bottomed out fallen premiums next week like Robbie Gray and Rockliff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back