Game Day Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon there's too much criticism in this thread.
Effort was huge, the tackling from our team was sensational.
We reverted to the long bomb game plan which didn't work - but overall it's been a good hitout.
They tagged O'Meara and put a player behind the ball - so they're taking a defensive approach and it won't win them the game.

Third quarter will tell the tale - but Melbourne have only kicked 3 goals in a half.

Need to start running more. Gawn has been instructed to sit loose in defence, and is killing any high ball. Combined with him winning the ruck, and he's been best on by far.

Umpiring has shifted a bit, our players are working extremely hard for no reward (even the free for htb on half time, the umpire waited until the ball had moved another 20m before it was paid)

We seemed to revert to kicking long to a contest in the 2nd half of that quarter. Consequently we achieved SFA.

Brand has held his own in the first half. Competed well in the air.
Impressed with his defensive work but dropped a couple crucial chest marks. Just needs to tidy that up a little and he will be going great.

These are 2 shitful football teams
A Melbourne bloke just said 2 his mate I can't believe we're only 9 points down we should be 6 goals down. I said I thought u were better than us that quarter we should b behind. So yes it's that bad. Moore was horrible first game hes definitely been very serviceable this one so well done so far kid.

Good effort from the boys but we should be much further ahead. Too many stupid mistakes (Gunston kicking it straight on Gawn’s head every time he has the ball 🤦🏻‍♂️). If we clean up these mistakes in the second half and maintain our intent then we should win this game. Need the other tall forwards to help Lewis out though, he’s doing it all on his bloody own.

#1 Get the ball on the outside.
#2 Clean with the ball moving forward.

Do these two things we win. Hard to read this game very sloppy, i only have faith in half a dozen blokes executing the game style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m finding it hard to adapt to who we are as a footy team... Melbourne are diabolical and we are not far behind. On paper our forward line is a strength, we either don’t play to their strengths or I am overrating them.. Melbourne can’t defend and we struggle to score, we have to put a score on them in the 2nd half.

A team in transition
If supporters stopped acting like we are a genuine finals team they would enjoy their football a lot better.
Dees were tipped to play in a grand final this year and you need to ignore their ladder position and instead look at where they are list wise compared to where we realistically are at and acknowledge that we are going okay

#1 Get the ball on the outside.
#2 Clean with the ball moving forward.

Do these two things we win. Hard to read this game very sloppy, i only have faith in half a dozen blokes executing the game style.

Getting the footy on the outside requires quick and decisive ball movement with intent, we don’t do that.

A team in transition
If supporters stopped acting like we are a genuine finals team they would enjoy their football a lot better.
Dees were tipped to play in a grand final this year and you need to ignore their ladder position and instead look at where they are list wise compared to where we realistically are at and acknowledge that we are going okay

Melbourne can’t defend, they are 1-5, are missing their captain and best player... we should be handling them considering the expectation is we play finals.

Melbourne can’t defend, they are 1-5, are missing their captain and best player... we should be handling them considering the expectation is we play finals.

Do we really expect to play finals?

We’ve been cactus since our best midfielder (and reigning Brownlow medalist) was ruled out for the year.

Remember we went out in straight sets without much fight last year

I’m not sure why so much is being made around the discussion of our forwards

If they knew this club at all they would know that challenging players and these discussions have always happened. I saw Shiels give someone a spray in that quarter as well

Do we really expect to play finals?

We’ve been cactus since our best midfielder (and reigning Brownlow medalist) was ruled out for the year.

Remember we went out in straight sets without much fight last year

Omera plays against the Dees and it’s a different ball game, not much went right that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back