Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Prime example of why umpire #22 drives me insane - he's standing ten metres away from a contest where Buddy has his arms around Adams' neck and not seeing a thing wrong with that (apparently) until the umpire in the centre pays the free kick.

What do we do when Hipwood is fully fit ? Fort is undroppable at the moment in my opinion. Every time he went into the guts we looked stronger.
Daniher could possibly be out for a bit.
So may be no decision to make for a while.

Solid AF win that one.
Lol didn't feel that way right minutes into the third. Totally lost the plot. Family kicked me out of the lounge room and I had to go hide in the bedroom watching kayo on the phone.

Wish I could keep myself below the red line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol didn't feel that way right minutes into the third. Totally lost the plot. Family kicked me out of the lounge room and I had to go hide in the bedroom watching kayo on the phone.

Wish I could keep myself below the red line.
I was the opposite.
Had an air of confidence that we would steady the ship.
The run they had was not sustainable.

Thanks Christ I don’t have to read that so and so should be dropped this week after one bad game. Think somewhere on here someone mentioned JL needs to go after last week. 🙄 anyhow- Lachie Neale has moved into the top 5 players to ever play at the lions. In my humble opinion.

A solid win tonight. At the start of the year, reviewing the fixture, this game, the two Demons games and the Saints game were the ones I thought would be a challenge. I still thought that at 1/4 time. There is no doubt Gill will be reading out "L Neale, Brisbane, 3 votes" in September. Unless there is a Sydney umpire bias and they give the 3 to Buddy.
As much as Kingy is on the Lions bandwagon, and there was so much hype about this being the match of round, I fully expect any media reporting will focus on how Buddy nearly carried the swans over the line and how will the lions cope without Daniher?

Fagan has always gone like for like replacement, and the goto tall replacement is Fullerton. I'd say next week, mix it up, and play Froggy Lester up forward. As for the Prior replacement, its the choice of two Robbo's!

You're spot on. Heeney slipped and they both fell. Was not a free.

The flashy blonde guys invariably get the 50/50's from the umps, most of the 40/60's and even a lot of the 10/90's

Think Cody Weightman and that Ginnovan pest from Collingwood.

We need Lohmann back in the side as a matter of urgency as well as a peroxide injection for the rest of the squad.

A blonde Lachie Neale gets more free kicks and more Brownlow votes

4. Lachie Neale might be better than his Brownlow year

When Brisbane needed an answer to Buddy Franklin's third-quarter rampage, one man put the Lions on his shoulders – Lachie Neale. Whether it was winning centre clearances, gathering ground balls in his defensive 50, or using soft hands in congestion to set up a goal for Dan McStay, Neale did it all to arrest his team's slide. Although his 2020 Brownlow Medal-winning year was incredible, there's an argument to say the 28-year-old is going even better this season with his power running, clean hands and damage in the front half. - Michael Whiting

Nine things we learned: Eagles can't trade their way out of this hole

4. Lachie Neale might be better than his Brownlow year

When Brisbane needed an answer to Buddy Franklin's third-quarter rampage, one man put the Lions on his shoulders – Lachie Neale. Whether it was winning centre clearances, gathering ground balls in his defensive 50, or using soft hands in congestion to set up a goal for Dan McStay, Neale did it all to arrest his team's slide. Although his 2020 Brownlow Medal-winning year was incredible, there's an argument to say the 28-year-old is going even better this season with his power running, clean hands and damage in the front half. - Michael Whiting

Nine things we learned: Eagles can't trade their way out of this hole

I genuinely believe he is. His Brownlow year was very consistent, this year he's both consistent and more damaging.

Edit: the stats comparison:

Screenshot_20220501-214028_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220501-214042_Samsung Internet.jpg

He had a quiet game or two earlier on in the season, and Cripps is looking damn good this year. Can't forget Miller. In fact there's quite a few stars who are firing hard this year.

I genuinely believe he is. His Brownlow year was very consistent, this year he's both consistent and more damaging.

Edit: the stats comparison:

View attachment 1389485View attachment 1389486
I agree, I think he is more damaging so far this year but we need to remember that his Brownlow year was in 2020 when there was 20% less game time than normal so most of his stats will be a little less for that year as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back